Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at your MVPA does your vehicle have miles on it? Mine is coming with 50

Ordered 5/26 (SR, non-plus, white on black w/ aeros). Got text today that it's ready to schedule pickup, earliest date is June 6th. From order to delivery that would be 1.5 weeks (even though it said on account page 6-8 weeks). The sales associated guaranteed me that the '6-8 weeks' was just out of caution and that he strongly believed I'd get it in 2-4 weeks. He was right.

VIN is showing on account page (no need to look at source code), 337xxx.

Look at your MVPA does your vehicle have miles on it? Mine is coming with 50

All MVPA’s state 50 miles unless they are demo cars with higher than 50 miles. Most cars have about 5 miles on them but if Tesla put 5 miles on it and then had to drive it around the corner to the parking lot and added two miles people would freak out, so they just say 50 to keep it simple.

That's what they did for me.

Edit: Wow! I just checked online, and for SoCal, I didn't find a single SR+ in inventory. Maybe they've burned through them.

I ended up cancelling my black SR (which was to be delivered this week) and ordered a Red SR+ that was in inventory in LA.
How long did it take them to do the downgrade from SR+ to SR and deliver the car? And was the car already located close to you?
Also, even though I know the VIN of the car when I ordered from inventory, the VIN still hasn't showed up on my account (not even in the source code), Weird!

I wonder what the average waiting time is for people who lease vs. people who buy. Because we know Tesla is under a lot of pressure to have a good quarter, or at least not a horrible one, and apparently purchases help their bottom line more so they have more incentive to get cars to buying customers first over leasing customers.

If I'm right, you could possibly game the system by starting out with a purchase and then once you get your VIN, switch it to a lease if you're so inclined.

So...I was lucky enough to find the configuration that I wanted in local inventory Blue/White/19 on Sunday 6.2 and I placed my deposit online. On Monday, I received the text to set the delivery appointment so I choose Wednesday 6.5 at 2:00. I called around noon on Tuesday 6.4 to confirm and asked if the car might be ready early and my Delivery Advisor said to come down in 2 hours. So, I picked her up yesterday afternoon 48 hours after ordering!

The Delivery Advisor was great and because I already had a lot of knowledge about the car, he let my wife and I look over the car, run through the checklist and explore on our own. We were in and out in about an hour. I paid in full so there were only 3 signatures requires. The title will be FedEx to me in 2 weeks. The car was immaculate and had just come out of the detail shop. At the Littleton, CO delivery center, they have the car fully detailed. I am pretty particular, but I arrived a bit early and the detailing crew was actually going over the paintwork with an LED wand to check for paint imperfections. When the car was finished, it was brought around front with full tire dressing and zero noticeable flaws. Needless to say, I am thrilled. Here is a picture from last night at the mall.

MyModel3.jpeg

So...I was lucky enough to find the configuration that I wanted in local inventory Blue/White/19 on Sunday 6.2 and I placed my deposit online. On Monday, I received the text to set the delivery appointment so I choose Wednesday 6.5 at 2:00. I called around noon on Tuesday 6.4 to confirm and asked if the car might be ready early and my Delivery Advisor said to come down in 2 hours. So, I picked her up yesterday afternoon 48 hours after ordering!

The Delivery Advisor was great and because I already had a lot of knowledge about the car, he let my wife and I look over the car, run through the checklist and explore on our own. We were in and out in about an hour. I paid in full so there were only 3 signatures requires. The title will be FedEx to me in 2 weeks. The car was immaculate and had just come out of the detail shop. At the Littleton, CO delivery center, they have the car fully detailed. I am pretty particular, but I arrived a bit early and the detailing crew was actually going over the paintwork with an LED wand to check for paint imperfections. When the car was finished, it was brought around front with full tire dressing and zero noticeable flaws. Needless to say, I am thrilled. Here is a picture from last night at the mall.

View attachment 415787
A premium delivery the way it should be!

A premium delivery the way it should be!

I was very pleasantly surprised actually. From reading about different experiences online, my wife and I were prepared for the worst. Because I support Tesla's mission and I really love their vehicles I was willing to accept some minor flaws that I wouldn't be willing to accept from Audi or Mercedes but was blown away by both the condition of the car and the enthusiasm of the employees.

I guess it is just the old adage at work again...people typically tend to complain when things go wrong, but very few people take time to give kudos when things go right, so the reports that you read about online have a tendency to be skewed toward the negative.

Reactions: Bill Foster
I was very pleasantly surprised actually. From reading about different experiences online, my wife and I were prepared for the worst. Because I support Tesla's mission and I really love their vehicles I was willing to accept some minor flaws that I wouldn't be willing to accept from Audi or Mercedes but was blown away by both the condition of the car and the enthusiasm of the employees.

I guess it is just the old adage at work again...people typically tend to complain when things go wrong, but very few people take time to give kudos when things go right, so the reports that you read about online have a tendency to be skewed toward the negative.

My experience is not quite so good. Ordered mine last Friday. Had all of the 'next steps' done the same day. So far haven't heard from anyone or received a VIN. I have called and was told someone would reach out to me this week. It's only been 3 business days and I know they must be swamped so I'm not really worried about it. All I really care about is that I take delivery by June 30 so I can get the tax refund before it's cut in half.

Just ordered my SR+ MSM, black, aero yesterday, so psyced, even my wife is excited about this. I did the lease. Website shows 2 weeks, is that really legit? Also since I ordered yesterday, is today day 1 or day 2?
Lease customer here. Ordered 5/21 with delivery set for 6/8 (3 week turnaround). They had cancelled my appointment as they did not feel theyd have a car in time. I do not believe this has anything to do with the fact I am leasing, more so that it was the white interior, and we are in a quarter end rush. New ETA is sometime before the end of June.

Ordered 5/30, SR+ black on black, aero, super excited but still no VIN (checked source). Sales advisor at dealer indicated that cars would generally arrive roughly 12 days from when VIN is assigned but from what I'm seeing here this doesn't appear to be accurate?

Sounds like people ordering a few days prior on 5/25-ish are getting set to take delivery so I'm optimistic it'll come sooner than that.

Ordered 5/30, SR+ black on black, aero, super excited but still no VIN (checked source). Sales advisor at dealer indicated that cars would generally arrive roughly 12 days from when VIN is assigned but from what I'm seeing here this doesn't appear to be accurate?

Sounds like people ordering a few days prior on 5/25-ish are getting set to take delivery so I'm optimistic it'll come sooner than that.
Do you have a VIN yet?

Neither do I. You ordered a day before me so we are in the same ballpark. Hopefully we both got in before the REAL crunch starts. Anyone thinking about ordering is reaching the sh*it or get off the pot moment very quickly because we are only 25 days from EOM and things are going to get really hectic soon as they once again enter delivery hell.

I think we'll end up okay. The total delivery time estimate I received from sales advisor prior to ordering was 3 weeks, which seems conservative based on other's experience (cars seem to be coming quicker). I've been keeping my eyes on inventory though and keeping an open mind on color to try and ensure I can come in before 6/30 deadline. Frankly if it doesn't make it I'm likely to cancel and wait to buy a used 2k18/19 M3 next year.

Neither do I. You ordered a day before me so we are in the same ballpark. Hopefully we both got in before the REAL crunch starts. Anyone thinking about ordering is reaching the sh*it or get off the pot moment very quickly because we are only 25 days from EOM and things are going to get really hectic soon as they once again enter delivery hell.

I think the ordering hell started around 5/28 because not only of the fed tax credit but also 5/28 was the last day the referral code was worth 5k miles. But yes, it will continue to be busy as EOM approaches and the window of opportunity fades...

When the Fed tax credit halved at end of 2018, was the SR+ available to order? What was its price then? 39k without the 400? Wondering if I missed the opportunity then to pay about the same amount for a slightly better car.