Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ Prc4285 I was told they accept personal or cashier's check at delivery or online payment. Whichever you want. So you don't need to make that final payment beforehand. I pick up mine this afternoon and my screen still says to make a final payment. They'll get it after I've inspected the car and sign the paperwork just like at any other dealership. I was a bit surprised they'd take a personal check, but then remembered they could easily brick the car and tow it away if my check bounced so it's probably not that big of a risk for them.

Wow, I am amazed at how well my order process is going. I have been following Tesla since the introduction of the Model S, and as a tech fan, I instantly fell in love with the 19 inch touch screen. The Model S was and still is out of my budget, and I waited patiently when the "affordable" Model 3 was introduced.

I am currently in a lease that ends in September, and with the federal tax incentive getting cut in half at the end of June, I thought it made sense to pull the trigger on the Model 3 now.

I ordered a SR+ black/black with 19" sport wheels on 6/6.

Today (6/15), I checked the existing inventory and saw 4 Model 3's in my exact configuration, so I reached out to my advisor to see if I could get assigned to one of those. He said sure, but when he went to assign one, he found that I was already matched. So VIN was assigned in my account on 6/15.

Later in the day, I received a text message saying my Model 3 delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 6/20.

So from order date to delivery date, it has been a total of 14 days, just as advertised.

I have been reading these forums for awhile and have heard of a lot of disappointing stories, and I understand things can happen for a fledgling car manufacturer that is dealing with tremendous growing pains, so I prepared myself for the worst.

But all of that worrying was for nought. The ordering process was easy and painless.

Now all I have to do is take delivery, and I'm still a little skeptical that it will go smoothly, but I'm glad I made it this far.

hey everyone, my very first post - very excited to be here! :)

i am in Dallas area and ordered SR+ (MSM, white interior, FSD) on 6/12. When i ordered it said "estimated delivery within 2 weeks" - though the sales person at the showroom the day before said it was more like 3-4 weeks. I am fairly certain i'm not going to get it before the tax credit gets cut in half again but i guess that is ok.... I have wanted a Tesla forever and i cannot believe it when i will finally get one! :D

i have been checking local inventory daily but nothing that matches what i want - a couple MSM's with white interior popped up but nothing with FSD (had LR/AWD instead) ....i really want the FSD and don't think AWD is that useful for me in a place that almost never snows

in the meantime i have been watching Youtube vids, ordered ONR, microfiber cloths etc and looking into accessories, and need to clean out a garage space and book an electrician to install NEMA-14-50...im sure there are other things i'm forgetting ...

Seriously, i think last time i had this much anticipation & excitement i was pregnant with my first child (who is now 9 years old)! Haha. i feel kind of the same way, obsessed with getting his nursery ready and then poring over so many articles, videos, forums with warnings/horror stories and whatnot and biting my nails with anticipation!! i will be sooo giddy once i actually get a VIN! hehe

• Love
Reactions: Yoda101
I picked up mine today! It went very smoothly. It was all very easy. They took me to my car and let me look it over, then helped me link it to my phone and set up my profile and showed me how everything works. Then I signed all the paperwork and drove it away! For those who are wondering, I got SR+ black/black/aero in 10 days from order to delivery. That was much quicker than I anticipated! Hang in there everyone. Your day will come and it will be awesome!

• Love
Reactions: Yoda101
Hello all, I ordered my model 3 on 6/6 at around 3:00PM west coast time. I live in Southern California so I anticipated a quick turn around.

For 10 days I did not hear anything. During that time I used the forum as a huge resource. I also used that time to get pre approved through a credit union with a great apr (2.74) and also discovered about Tesla's price matching tool. (Which price matched in less than 1 hours)

While you all are waiting for your car, I encourage you to please use the resources on this site to take advantage and save tons of money on your Tesla. It saved me over 2,500 dollars of interest.

Today (6/16/19) we finally received an update, our vin number, and our pick up time (6/19/19). That makes our waiting room experience exactly 2 weeks. Hope the car is worth the wait.

If ya'll have any questions about my experience and what to expect. Holler at me.

My car: All stock. Black SR+ Model 3 240 mi. rear wheel drive, aero 18" wheels, Black interior .

Pick up location: Southern California

Credit union I used as leverage: Wescom

Wow, I am amazed at how well my order process is going. I have been following Tesla since the introduction of the Model S, and as a tech fan, I instantly fell in love with the 19 inch touch screen. The Model S was and still is out of my budget, and I waited patiently when the "affordable" Model 3 was introduced.

I am currently in a lease that ends in September, and with the federal tax incentive getting cut in half at the end of June, I thought it made sense to pull the trigger on the Model 3 now.

I ordered a SR+ black/black with 19" sport wheels on 6/6.

Today (6/15), I checked the existing inventory and saw 4 Model 3's in my exact configuration, so I reached out to my advisor to see if I could get assigned to one of those. He said sure, but when he went to assign one, he found that I was already matched. So VIN was assigned in my account on 6/15.

Later in the day, I received a text message saying my Model 3 delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 6/20.

So from order date to delivery date, it has been a total of 14 days, just as advertised.

I have been reading these forums for awhile and have heard of a lot of disappointing stories, and I understand things can happen for a fledgling car manufacturer that is dealing with tremendous growing pains, so I prepared myself for the worst.

But all of that worrying was for nought. The ordering process was easy and painless.

Now all I have to do is take delivery, and I'm still a little skeptical that it will go smoothly, but I'm glad I made it this far.

Just wanted to offer this bit of advise for my soon to be fellow owners... As it's the end of quarter rush, unless you get confirmation ahead of time I recommend calling the delivery center ahead of your delivery to validate the car is actually there. Especially if you have a long distance to travel to get there.

Everything has been approved up to this point for the past few days but on my account all it says is that my contracted is being drafted.

Any clue on how long it takes till contract or vin comes after this step or if there is still something I may be missing?

Everything has been approved up to this point for the past few days but on my account all it says is that my contracted is being drafted.

Any clue on how long it takes till contract or vin comes after this step or if there is still something I may be missing?

Depends on the model that you picked. For me, I found out 10 days later through a text message from Tesla telling me that my vin is in and to schedule pick up.

I recommend you follow these spread sheets of owners in the past who have been in the waiting room
to see how long they waited for a car similar to yours and living in Cali. Spread sheet #4 is the most recent.

Placed my order 6/14 - Website said 2 weeks, after reading here - I'm not that hopeful that I'll be able to get the $3750 tax credit.

Im in NJ, Springfield will be by pickup spot.

I am picking up in Springfield on Saturday 6/22. Ordered 6/4, then changed to one that looked like inventory about a week later. ALthough in inventory it still hasnt been delivered to springfield. The one I cancelled still hadnt been producted when I cancelled it