Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I made an account to post this comment! I ordered my White/White/Aero/Autopilot SR+ on 10/21 with delivery to Santa Barbara, CA. Today I received an email from the SB Tesla dealer asking me to finalize my payment information and send them proof of insurance, as they are "seeing customers with complete delivery profiles being matched to vehicles in production. So we are going through our orders and ensuring everyone is eligible to be assigned a VIN. "

My question is, if I apply for financing through Tesla more than 30 days out, do I have to re-apply through Tesla if 30 days passes without delivery?

Hoping for a VIN and delivery date soon for us all!

Tesla financing is valid / good for 60 days. (confirmed with my SA on my account yesterday)

I got a call for delivery today! Tesla is delivering to my house with the car at 4:30 (I thought I would have to go to Fremont). 2020 vin. Berkeley Ca, I ordered 9/30 Blue, SR+ Black, 18 wheels. No advanced warning. No vin prior to the call.

Also, driving home past Fremont, northbound, I saw a trailer of new Teslas. It didn't get off in Berkeley. The parking lot in Berkeley Tesla is full of cars..... they are coming....

I believe you are the first Californian to get delivery. Even better, Bay Area! And today! Congrats!

So you chose Fremont but they are delivering instead to your home? Did you have that option when you ordered? When I ordered, it said that home delivery was not an option for my address.

Did you previously get an email from Tesla asking to get the finances and payment set up?

I know this must be a very big and busy day for you. Please report back on your experiences. Enjoy!

Reactions: tren01t
The wait is over. Thank you to all the staff at Tesla Cleveland-Lyndhurst.

They communicated with me many times, answering my dumb questions and ensuring all the details were in order. The car is perfect. The delivery went super smooth.

The three hour trip back was a joy, including a quick top up at the Toledo Supercharger.

IMG_5178.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_5943.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5178.jpg
    IMG_5178.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5943.jpg
    IMG_5943.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 32
The wait is over. Thank you to all the staff at Tesla Cleveland-Lyndhurst.

They communicated with me many times, answering my dumb questions and ensuring all the details were in order. The car is perfect. The delivery went super smooth.

The three hour trip back was a joy, including a quick top up at the Toledo Supercharger

Congrats! Any QC issues?

I believe you are the first Californian to get delivery. Even better, Bay Area! And today! Congrats!

So you chose Fremont but they are delivering instead to your home? Did you have that option when you ordered? When I ordered, it said that home delivery was not an option for my address.

Did you previously get an email from Tesla asking to get the finances and payment set up?

I know this must be a very big and busy day for you. Please report back on your experiences. Enjoy!

It looks like things are finally happening for CA. I hope ours will come next week. Fingers crossed.

None. The panel fit is perfect.

For all the noise about the car being noisy, I call shenanigans. Way quieter than our BMW 330. (The tires on the BMW are a bit worn, though.) Whatever changes they made in 2020, it’s real.

Sweet. Noisy is a relative term. The 2020 version lost the frunk hooks/mat and door lights... but gained better soundproofing! I'll take that tradeoff any day.

Note: There is a custom fit sealer for the Model 3 doors on Amazon. Looks easy to install and apparently eliminates more road noise. Cadillac quiet!

No, I didn't have any delivery options when I ordered. I was under the understanding I would have to go to Fremont. The woman on the phone said they were no longer doing factory deliveries and it would be a home delivery (which is way better for me). And today!

I had no warning but I wasn't financing or getting a loan.

I got a call for delivery today! Tesla is delivering to my house with the car at 4:30 (I thought I would have to go to Fremont). 2020 vin. Berkeley Ca, I ordered 9/30 Blue, SR+ Black, 18 wheels. No advanced warning. No vin prior to the call.

Also, driving home past Fremont, northbound, I saw a trailer of new Teslas. It didn't get off in Berkeley. The parking lot in Berkeley Tesla is full of cars..... they are coming....
HOLLY TESLA! Best news ever from the bay area! Woop woop

No, I didn't have any delivery options when I ordered. I was under the understanding I would have to go to Fremont. The woman on the phone said they were no longer doing factory deliveries and it would be a home delivery (which is way better for me). And today!

I had no warning but I wasn't financing or getting a loan.

Factory no longer doing deliveries? The Fremont delivery center is a separate building on the property. I'd be surprised if they aren't doing deliveries there, as the only other Bay Area DC is in SF.

Then again, maybe their plan is to send a small army of delivery drivers throughout the Bay Area. I have Fremont setup for delivery, but having them come to me seems like less effort. :) This could be the way they handle the December rush.

Congrats again, and please let us know how it went, especially if there are any QC issues (hoping not). You are the first in the Bay Area, and anxious minds want to know! :)

Factory no longer doing deliveries? The Fremont delivery center is a separate building on the property. I'd be surprised if they aren't doing deliveries there, as the only other Bay Area DC is in SF.

Then again, maybe their plan is to send a small army of delivery drivers throughout the Bay Area. I have Fremont setup for delivery, but having them come to me seems like less effort. :) This could be the way they handle the December rush.

Congrats again, and please let us know how it went, especially if there are any QC issues (hoping not). You are the first in the Bay Area, and anxious minds want to know! :)

Hmm. I hope they can do home delivery for me too, in Southern California. But I'm about 30 miles from the Buena Park delivery center, and supposedly that disqualifies me...are they judging that maybe home deliveries are more manageable than huge crowds at the delivery centers? Home delivery would save me some time.

Hmm. I hope they can do home delivery for me too, in Southern California. But I'm about 30 miles from the Buena Park delivery center, and supposedly that disqualifies me...are they judging that maybe home deliveries are more manageable than huge crowds at the delivery centers? Home delivery would save me some time.

That's what I was thinking. Apparently last year, it was "all hands" during the December rush, pulling anyone who was available and working OT to expedite deliveries. Even so, there's only so much space in every DC. Fremont is rather spacious, but I doubt others have that much room. If every DC is supposed to handle 100 deliveries per day, well, that's a LOT of cars to store and process!