Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text from my SA asking me to finish finance details today. Makes me think things are now in motion for me to get my VIN in the coming days. Im still trying to see if a trade in of my car is worth it over selling it to Vroom, but text came in so late that all the trade in info won't be available till Monday. Either way getting excited!

Reactions: George75
Hi all, I made an account to post this comment! I ordered my White/White/Aero/Autopilot SR+ on 10/21 with delivery to Santa Barbara, CA. Today I received an email from the SB Tesla dealer asking me to finalize my payment information and send them proof of insurance, as they are "seeing customers with complete delivery profiles being matched to vehicles in production. So we are going through our orders and ensuring everyone is eligible to be assigned a VIN. "

My question is, if I apply for financing through Tesla more than 30 days out, do I have to re-apply through Tesla if 30 days passes without delivery?

Hoping for a VIN and delivery date soon for us all!
I ordered the exact same model on 10/12 with delivery to Santa Barbara too...I got an email from them yesterday, but my email said they don't have any info on delivery yet..they didn't mention anything about cars being matched. I have self financing in my profile but am thinking of applying through tesla... But I don't want to mess with my profile and risk not getting a vin... I guess I'll see what the options are after I get a vin assigned :)

Factory no longer doing deliveries? The Fremont delivery center is a separate building on the property. I'd be surprised if they aren't doing deliveries there, as the only other Bay Area DC is in SF.

Then again, maybe their plan is to send a small army of delivery drivers throughout the Bay Area. I have Fremont setup for delivery, but having them come to me seems like less effort. :) This could be the way they handle the December rush.

Congrats again, and please let us know how it went, especially if there are any QC issues (hoping not). You are the first in the Bay Area, and anxious minds want to know! :)
No, I didn't have any delivery options when I ordered. I was under the understanding I would have to go to Fremont. The woman on the phone said they were no longer doing factory deliveries and it would be a home delivery (which is way better for me). And today!

I had no warning but I wasn't financing or getting a loan.

Delivered as promised. No issues that I saw. A bit hard to see everything in the dark...and driver was in a bit of rush to get their Uber.
I love it and it will be fun to learn all cool features.

Received the following email this afternoon But I logged on to my profile and everything was filled out. Anyone might know the reason why?
Thank you in advance.

"We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.

It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.

In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."

Received the following email this afternoon But I logged on to my profile and everything was filled out. Anyone might know the reason why?
Thank you in advance.

"We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.

It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.

In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."
When did you place your order?

If you get a VIN before I do, I will be extremely cause I placed my order on 10/1 & I'm from the Corona/Norco area not too far from you. What I think Tesla means they want you to complete filling out all info needed in order to put you in the que. Have you fill out all your registration address info, name, & finance information etc? Tesla is just preparing for the mad dash rush come Dec.

Reactions: tren01t
If you get a VIN before I do, I will be extremely cause I placed my order on 10/1 & I'm from the Corona/Norco area not too far from you. What I think Tesla means they want you to complete filling out all info needed in order to put you in the que. Have you fill out all your registration address info, name, & finance information etc? Tesla is just preparing for the mad dash rush come Dec.
I checked earlier and the license image that I uploaded didn't load. I re uploaded so hopefully that addresses that issue.

I checked earlier and the license image that I uploaded didn't load. I re uploaded so hopefully that addresses that issue.
This is how you know you're good to go & the VIN waiting game starts.

Attachments

• TSA.jpg
    TSA.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 79
Thank you in advance.

I received the same email yesterday, ordered 11/4 and also have all necessary delivery profile info filled out. I called Tesla and a local SA said they had mass-sent out that email as they're anticipating assigning a huge amount of VINs in the next couple weeks (Costa Mesa, CA). I had him check my info to be sure and he wasn't sure why I received the email, but blamed it on a computer system transition he says is taking place currently at the showroom. Also told me I'm 3-4 weeks out for delivery, which would put it right into mid-December. We shall see!

Reactions: skydreamerjae