Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I stated earlier, I believe all Bay Area cars will be delivered on March 30-31. Deliveries further away, (LA in your case) may arrive sooner to ensure delivery before EOQ. Since you are black/black, my guess would be that you will receive yours at the tail end of that.

Thank you, looks like it. Hope this will be the case!

i completed all formalities on 6th Feb - SR+ Black Ext and Black Int 19' -- no delivery no Vin no information till date .... Welcome to the group

Ah, man, hang in there! This experience is making clear to me how we as modern human beings are spoiled with instant services and are so disturbed with waiting processes in general ;)

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I've been looking at the New Car Inventory on Tesla's website in the LA area for a Model 3 with the same specs as mine, but in SR+ (which I don't mind buying, but I don't like to use AP as I like to drive cars), but lately I've been seeing a bunch of blue 3's in the same config available in the LA area.... which my wife said she likes and wouldn't mind getting, but we really want a MSM Model 3.

I just saw a MSM 3 pop up in the new inventory on Tesla's site, and by the time I pressed buy now and entered in my credit card info (copied & pasted it in), within 30 seconds the car was already gone & unavailable. It could've been an in-transit order for somebody else that just appeared in there briefly, but it would've been nice to grab it and get the car now.

I know that SA's in the store have access to a much bigger & more accurate inventory list of what's available, but we've been super busy with work this week (fortunately good job security) to go into a store and check, and I don't want to keep bugging my SA every day to look up the inventory as he might have his own things he's dealing with.

Ok, end of semi-rant :)

I've been looking at the New Car Inventory on Tesla's website in the LA area for a Model 3 with the same specs as mine, but in SR+ (which I don't mind buying, but I don't like to use AP as I like to drive cars), but lately I've been seeing a bunch of blue 3's in the same config available in the LA area.... which my wife said she likes and wouldn't mind getting, but we really want a MSM Model 3.

I just saw a MSM 3 pop up in the new inventory on Tesla's site, and by the time I pressed buy now and entered in my credit card info (copied & pasted it in), within 30 seconds the car was already gone & unavailable. It could've been an in-transit order for somebody else that just appeared in there briefly, but it would've been nice to grab it and get the car now.

I know that SA's in the store have access to a much bigger & more accurate inventory list of what's available, but we've been super busy with work this week (fortunately good job security) to go into a store and check, and I don't want to keep bugging my SA every day to look up the inventory as he might have his own things he's dealing with.

Ok, end of semi-rant :)

Definitely call them. I just transferred my order to a blue LR AWD from white. He was able to tell me it was in transit. I didn't wanna risk waiting a lot longer due to the shut down. I'll change back to white If I see it in inventory over the next few days.

Definitely call them. I just transferred my order to a blue LR AWD from white. He was able to tell me it was in transit. I didn't wanna risk waiting a lot longer due to the shut down. I'll change back to white If I see it in inventory over the next few days.

Is it considered bad etiquette to call a Tesla store and speak to a random SA to ask about current inventory, when another SA had helped me initially when I test drove & ordered a car? Is there any loss to his sale by doing this if I find a car I want?

I thought they don't work on commission, but are there any type of incentives added to their sales record for cars delivered to customers they helped in the store.

Reactions: Invisie
Is it considered bad etiquette to call a Tesla store and speak to a random SA to ask about current inventory, when another SA had helped me initially when I test drove & ordered a car? Is there any loss to his sale by doing this if I find a car I want?

I thought they don't work on commission, but are there any type of incentives added to their sales record for cars delivered to customers they helped in the store.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Had someone help me with test drive but I ordered a week or so later(Jan 23rd). I have never been assigned a SA, that I know of. They never asked who my SA was. I assume it'll be the same person. Could use a source but I don't believe its commission based. Just call, doesn't hurt. Good luck finding a car!

Just got a text from my SA. They will drop off my car tomorrow between 10:00 and 6:00, or I can go pick it up myself during those hours. That was a pleasant surprise to get it 2 weeks early. I am sure they are trying to deliver everything built before the shutdown, and now Bay Area buyers have the advantage.
When did you configure and order your car? What model 3 did you get?

I ordered mine on 3/10 awd white aero black int. Seems like it is a common build...
I believe mine is the most common build - which is why it became available. Since they have to stop on 3/23, they are trying to get as close to the quarterly targets as possible in just 4 days.

This means, they will try to maximize shipments to the Bay Area. I think the next target would be LA, if there are not enough customers here. I think it would be unlikely for them to try to deliver outside of CA - unless they have more cars than California customers.

Just got another text after paying the final payment:

Delivery Appointment
Mar. 20, 2020 at 02:00 PM

Be still my heart!

I believe mine is the most common build - which is why it became available. Since they have to stop on 3/23, they are trying to get as close to the quarterly targets as possible in just 4 days.

This means, they will try to maximize shipments to the Bay Area. I think the next target would be LA, if there are not enough customers here. I think it would be unlikely for them to try to deliver outside of CA - unless they have more cars than California customers.

Just got another text after paying the final payment:

Delivery Appointment
Mar. 20, 2020 at 02:00 PM

Be still my heart!
When did you get a text from Tesla after you ordered? I orderd on 3/6 and got a Welcome text but haven't received a single update since then..

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Wanted to thank all of you for sharing so much info, it really helps while waiting!

Question - does anyone know if there is a connection between the color of the car you've ordered, your state/region and the waiting time?
I'm in SoCal and ordered SR+ black/black, 19', AP, and looking at the spreadsheet can see three warning signs: there are very few black exteriors ordered in SoCal; there are orders with VIN showed or even delivered already after the date I've ordered and they are mostly white exteriors; there are unfulfilled orders with black exteriors from January :eek:
Is the production split in batches by color?

Ordered Feb.25th
Text 2-3 weeks wait Mar.9th
No VIN

Thoughts?

im in LA too!

i ordered a black /black model 3 with all the trimmings (fsd, 20 inch wheels, etc etc ) and ive still no vin yet.
feb 7 - welcome text
feb 23(?) 3-6 week text
march 9th - 2-3 week text

couple days ago a random text (same number as above texts but i was able to ask questions and the person responded - other times no one would respond when I would reply ) from a human from tesla stating my car should leave fremont on the 20th and i should get delivered "shortly thereafter" .

man i sure hope so. the person stated deliveries have been going smooth, so we will see.

i hang out in the performance thread but ill keep my eye out on you cats over here, since we kinda are getting the same car - ish (black/black/fsd).

And oh, apparently the home delivery option doesn't require my physical presence! When I ordered my car, they had told me that home delivery was not available to me - guess that changed!

Great to know as Im hoping to get mine before the end of the month and looks like we live in the same town. i was also told no home delivery, so maybe I wont have to wait however long this is all going to go on...

im in LA too!

i ordered a black /black model 3 with all the trimmings (fsd, 20 inch wheels, etc etc ) and ive still no vin yet.
feb 7 - welcome text
feb 23(?) 3-6 week text
march 9th - 2-3 week text

couple days ago a random text (same number as above texts but i was able to ask questions and the person responded - other times no one would respond when I would reply ) from a human from tesla stating my car should leave fremont on the 20th and i should get delivered "shortly thereafter" .

man i sure hope so. the person stated deliveries have been going smooth, so we will see.

i hang out in the performance thread but ill keep my eye out on you cats over here, since we kinda are getting the same car - ish (black/black/fsd).

I suggest calling tomorrow to your delivery center and checking if they might have a car with your specs in the inventory. There are a lot of cancellations. I called today and they said they might have mine (my SA will check tomorrow) otherwise it will not be produced till later due to the factory shutting down on Monday.

• Informative
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Wanted to thank all of you for sharing so much info, it really helps while waiting!

Question - does anyone know if there is a connection between the color of the car you've ordered, your state/region and the waiting time?
I'm in SoCal and ordered SR+ black/black, 19', AP, and looking at the spreadsheet can see three warning signs: there are very few black exteriors ordered in SoCal; there are orders with VIN showed or even delivered already after the date I've ordered and they are mostly white exteriors; there are unfulfilled orders with black exteriors from January :eek:
Is the production split in batches by color?

Ordered Feb.25th
Text 2-3 weeks wait Mar.9th
No VIN

Thoughts?
I ordered on 2/25 and got delivery 3/19 in Sacramento

My SP matched an inventory car for me yesterday and delivery is scheduled on 3/24

If anyone have any info about how Tesla plan to deliver vehicles in CA now...

Mine is being delivered today in Marin County. You can either go pick it up from an SC (in SF for me) or have it delivered to any address, including your home. You don't need to be present. Your app will activate on delivery and you can unlock the car with your phone. All the documents and key cards will be inside. There will be a Fedex envelop with some docs that you need to drop off in a Fedex box within 24 hours of delivery.

You got lucky. Tesla shuts down EOD 3/23. You are getting one of the last cars being built by Monday evening. Others may have to wait till June - or later.

• Informative
Reactions: 12ed5ive