Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting I hope my delivery will still be good for today, spoke to a customer service rep and she told me I’m still in line for delivery. I’ve had no updates on when or what time. Last I had an update of when is when another rep told me I’d get an update only two hours prior to my delivery...

• Informative
Reactions: Rmar93
Wow that ridiculous why would they confirm a delivery date and then say maybe not ? I asked if I was able to pick up and the rep said no now I’m beginning to worry

Well to be fair, no one called to confirm a date. I had been going off the schedule date from texts and the online account. This is the first time someone actually called me concerning delivery. I thought I was good to go today considering I had a VIN, the mileage was posted on the lender agreement, and the CVAP grant was credited to my account this morning.

Picked up my model 3 today!:p;)
20201231_180132.jpg

Oh wait nevermind, Tesla never shipped it to my service center

Last edited:
Well to be fair, no one called to confirm a date. I had been going off the schedule date from texts and the online account. This is the first time someone actually called me concerning delivery. I thought I was good to go today considering I had a VIN, the mileage was posted on the lender agreement, and the CVAP grant was credited to my account this morning.

We’re you never sent a text with confirmation of delivery date where you had to respond “yes” to confirm ?

was your account ever updated ? Spoke to another rep and he told me he was unable to see a delivery date for me and that he would message my SA...still nothing
It was super weird for me.. my account was never updated and they delivered my car about 2 hours ago without texting or calling me. Unfortunately, it came with a small crack on my windshield and slight misalignment in the trunk. Everything else looked great. I called Tesla and was told they’ll expedite an appointment for a new windshield and fix my trunk issue.

Attachments

• 4D91F981-FD74-4304-8C9B-705E86707141.jpeg
    4D91F981-FD74-4304-8C9B-705E86707141.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Disagree
Reactions: Vram09
It was super weird for me.. my account was never updated and they delivered my car about 2 hours ago without texting or calling me. Unfortunately, it came with a small crack on my windshield and slight misalignment in the trunk. Everything else looked great. I called Tesla and was told they’ll expedite an appointment for a new windshield and fix my trunk issue.

At least you got delivery! I’m still awaiting on mines, at the moment it’s all crickets

That’s strange.. it would make more sense for them to allow you to pick up at the factory instead of a home delivery.

I called to ask what happened and it looks like they made a mistake on their end, but finally got it delivered! Sadly I’m not home and have to accept delivery tonight without inspecting it. From what the rep told me I can accept delivery and if I found any damage or misalignment they’ll still honor it if I make them aware tomorrow?

No. The two texts I received were "tentatively scheduled"
I got both types. For my first VIN, it asked for confirmation with a specific time. The later ones after I got reassigned a new VIN say "tentatively scheduled" for a date pending receipt of vehicle, but no time (it did had a time set on the online account however). I missed the 12/30 appointment because of that and I asked my rep to reschedule for today. About an hour before the pick up time, I got a text that told me which spot it was at (happened both days).

I just picked it up in the afternoon at Colma. Was largely uneventful. The app showed the controls very early on, but you can't unlock the car until you accept delivery. So I just looked through all the exterior and peeked into the interior to make sure no serious issues before accepting delivery. Only had a very light scratch on hood that looks like it'll buff out, and the bottom edge of the front bumper has some scratches probably from them parking (not visible unless you look from under car, a lot of cars eventually will scratch there from the wheel stops at parking lots). Panel gaps on my car were fairly even and I didn't have the issues that some youtube videos showed for the 2021s (like the large uneven passenger door front gap, and the driver side trunk sticking up). Only the driver side front wheel cover, and the passenger side right reflector cover (the one that looks the same as the charge port cover) was loose, but they were easy to pop in back in.

Rep at store told me to send service request in app with attached pictures of the scratches and the app had me scheduled for Mobile service (although he said they will probably review first and might give me a call to bring car in if they can't fix it with Mobile).

My app shows the 1000 supercharger miles (expires in 6/30/2021) from a referral code I used, but no FSD features or the 1 year free supercharging. I asked at the store and they said the 1 year supercharger will activate 1/4/2021, but they were not sure about the FSD. Will probably follow up with my original rep tomorrow in a text just to be sure.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RichieDean
I called to ask what happened and it looks like they made a mistake on their end, but finally got it delivered! Sadly I’m not home and have to accept delivery tonight without inspecting it. From what the rep told me I can accept delivery and if I found any damage or misalignment they’ll still honor it if I make them aware tomorrow?
If you haven't already, you should download the app and at least verify the car is at your house (it'll show location of car, although you can't unlock car until after you accept delivery). Not sure if it's a side effect of my appointment being rescheduled, but I saw the car in my app well before they officially texted me that my car was ready to pick up.

Reactions: Vram09
We had a terrific experience with Tesla in Schaumburg IL. I ordered my SR+ on 12-20 on-line. We picked it up 12-28 in Schaumburg at noon. Tesla had originally scheduled our pickup for 12-29 but when I called the store they were able to move us up to 12-28 due to an incoming snowstorm. All of the paperwork is in the car. You sign the agreement in one spot, drop of the paperwork and you are good to go.

The car is perfect. The delivery experience was seamless. It took about 20 minutes. I had one mark on the car and when I asked Justin from the Tesla reception counter about it he came right out and showed me that it was just wax residue. This guy was extremely busy but stopped what he was doing to get me on my way.

I had a question about the car that I Emailed to the delivery coordinator Dave. Dave called me back the next day to answer my question and make sure everything was good.

Pretty hard to beat a car buying experience like that!