Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine on 2/3/21 too with red on black interior. Hear nothing from them. May be they make more white car than the others?
Yeah I ordered Feb 3rd. White exterior black interior and 18” wheels. Honestly my thought was I was more likely to get it quickly if it was all the basic options because I assumed they’d probably keep more of that in stock. I wanted black but I’m particularly fond of matte black so I figured if I got really sick of the white I could have it wrapped matte black. I loved the white interior but I have a young and messy little boy and I figured I’d lose my mind if I had to clean muddy shoe prints off white seats every day. I’m super excited I can buy the heated rear seats in the app now because that was one thing I was bummed about. I’m short so I’ll sit in the back if my husband is driving and we have other adults in the car.

Reactions: AthleticMonkey
I ordered mine on 2/3/21 too with red on black interior. Hear nothing from them. May be they make more white car than the others?

I'm assuming they make more white models than others because it is generic and more affordable to get thus having a higher demand. We'll definitely be getting our 3's by the end of March. Their Fremont logistics lot is looking really busy again. One of the cars on the lot has to be ours.

Reactions: ENsaanich
Also I emailed my SA to let him know that I had my vin and booked my delivery and he said I got my vin sooner than he expected by a few days but that they’re starting to see this where everything is going super fast so it looks like Fremont is pushing extra hard.
Have they called you to make a payment to the car yet? I wonder if they give me couple days notice to settle my fund.

Oh! That make it so easy just like buying any car. Pay before you drive off. That is what I prefer to just in case I have to refuse the car.
Yeah, I think so. Honestly my main question is the vehicle transfer/icbc stuff. From the sound of it you have to do that all there but honestly I’d rather keep my plates and do it all with my auto broker in Victoria. With all the changes to icbc I’d rather be able to take my time and cost out all my options to figure out what I want to do and with how rushed everything is there I’m worried that it’s going to be rushed through.

Reactions: AthleticMonkey
Yeah, I think so. Honestly my main question is the vehicle transfer/icbc stuff. From the sound of it you have to do that all there but honestly I’d rather keep my plates and do it all with my auto broker in Victoria. With all the changes to icbc I’d rather be able to take my time and cost out all my options to figure out what I want to do and with how rushed everything is there I’m worried that it’s going to be rushed through.

That's what I'm worried about too. The whole transfer/icbc stuff going on. I'm trading in my vehicle and would like to keep my plates!

Just got update EDD finally Mar 04-22. Unfortunately this updated was sent two minutes after I placed a new order for a model 3 in existing inventory that was <50 mi from my area that met my specs. Called the service center to have them match that existing inventory car to my order, but they couldn't see it on their end. I ended up buying it and paid the $100 only for it to then tell me there is an extra $2000 charge for picking it up in the same location as my original order. Damn. It tells me the vin and everything too. Anyone think tesla will waive this $2000 charge since it meets my existing order, or should I just eat the $100 deposit, cancel that order, and wait for my original delivery to come through?

It's hard to be patient. lmao

Just got update EDD finally Mar 04-22. Unfortunately this updated was sent two minutes after I placed a new order for a model 3 in existing inventory that was <50 mi from my area that met my specs. Called the service center to have them match that existing inventory car to my order, but they couldn't see it on their end. I ended up buying it and paid the $100 only for it to then tell me there is an extra $2000 charge for picking it up in the same location as my original order. Damn. It tells me the vin and everything too. Anyone think tesla will waive this $2000 charge since it meets my existing order, or should I just eat the $100 deposit, cancel that order, and wait for my original delivery to come through?

It's hard to be patient. lmao

Almost no chance they waive - if you are lucky, they will refund your $100 but even that is not likely to happen. I would still ask but be ready to eat the $100 loss and move on.

Rather lose $100 than pay $2k for a transfer.

Almost no chance they waive - if you are lucky, they will refund your $100 but even that is not likely to happen. I would still ask but be ready to eat the $100 loss and move on.

Rather lose $100 than pay $2k for a transfer.

Yeah no way I'm paying 2k for it now instead of waiting a week or two. I'll ask for them to waive the $100, but no worries if they don't. Lesson learned!