Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Messaged my delivery advisor asking about my VIN and got what seemed like a scripted response that said:

"Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account. Incomplete tasks may delay delivery timing. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks at your earliest convenience."

So I asked about selecting cash then having it switched to financing later when I get a more solid date. No response (I figure I will have to call a few times and send a few emails before I get anything back from her).

So I went on there and selected cash and uploaded my insurance card in hopes it will speed up my VIN assignment.

Then hope that I can get it switched back to financing to apply for financing thru Tesla's partners.

Wish me luck..I feel like I am going to need it.

Messaged my delivery advisor asking about my VIN and got what seemed like a scripted response that said:

"Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account. Incomplete tasks may delay delivery timing. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks at your earliest convenience."

So I asked about selecting cash then having it switched to financing later when I get a more solid date. No response (I figure I will have to call a few times and send a few emails before I get anything back from her).

So I went on there and selected cash and uploaded my insurance card in hopes it will speed up my VIN assignment.

Then hope that I can get it switched back to financing to apply for financing thru Tesla's partners.

Wish me luck..I feel like I am going to need it.
That's not how it works. If the vehicle is literally not built, going cash will not speed up the process. It may help if multiple people are trying to purchase the same vehicle in existing vehicle (unlikely) but in this case, we're all waiting for new inventory straight from the factory. This is on a first come first serve basis.

Reactions: Hacknslic3
That's not how it works. If the vehicle is literally not built, going cash will not speed up the process. It may help if multiple people are trying to purchase the same vehicle in existing vehicle (unlikely) but in this case, we're all waiting for new inventory straight from the factory. This is on a first come first serve basis.
Yes, I had a hunch about that... today has just been a bad day in general. Me wanting to rush things obviously didn't help....

Last edited: