Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, newbie here...
I ordered the Model 3, SR+, white on black (as standard as it gets!) on April 17th. I live in London, ON, and will be picking up the car at the nearest dealership which is Kitchener. Since the buying process, at least for me, has been entirely online, should I phone the Kitchener location to touch base? Or is that pointless? Anyone else picking up from Kitchener location? Thanks.
I'll show myself out...

Hello, newbie here...
I ordered the Model 3, SR+, white on black (as standard as it gets!) on April 17th. I live in London, ON, and will be picking up the car at the nearest dealership which is Kitchener. Since the buying process, at least for me, has been entirely online, should I phone the Kitchener location to touch base? Or is that pointless? Anyone else picking up from Kitchener location? Thanks.
I'll show myself out...
My delivery location is also Kitchener. I think you don't need to contact them. Since my order (March 9) I just received 1 phone call from them. Also, when I sent an email to ask about my delivery date, they didn't provide any information, just to expect the car only in June. I ordered the Model 3 Performance white/white.

My delivery location is also Kitchener. I think you don't need to contact them. Since my order (March 9) I just received 1 phone call from them. Also, when I sent an email to ask about my delivery date, they didn't provide any information, just to expect the car only in June. I ordered the Model 3 Performance white/white.
Thanks for the info...much appreciated. As for delivery date, mine tends to fluctuate, but currently shows: June 2 - June 22. The white interior looks sharp! Let us know when your delivery date is confirmed, and I'll do the same.

Reactions: Fvmg92
Semi-related question: Is there any real downside to putting in a reservation (but planning on delaying delivery for at least a couple of months)? I am considering a SR+ but want to avoid any future price increases by locking in a reservation at current prices. I don't plan to take delivery until probably the end of June at the earliest.

If I put in a reservation tonight, I think the only real downside is that the $100 is forever Tesla's regardless of if I follow through with a purchase or not. So if I were to back out, I would be out the $100. Is that the only real downside to reserving now versus down the road when I'm actually ready to pull the trigger? If the price is decreased after my reservation is made, I'll be able to receive that additional discount, right?

Semi-related question: Is there any real downside to putting in a reservation (but planning on delaying delivery for at least a couple of months)? I am considering a SR+ but want to avoid any future price increases by locking in a reservation at current prices. I don't plan to take delivery until probably the end of June at the earliest.

If I put in a reservation tonight, I think the only real downside is that the $100 is forever Tesla's regardless of if I follow through with a purchase or not. So if I were to back out, I would be out the $100. Is that the only real downside to reserving now versus down the road when I'm actually ready to pull the trigger? If the price is decreased after my reservation is made, I'll be able to receive that additional discount, right?

You are correct on every count!

If the price increased while you are waiting for delivery of your Tesla, you will not have to pay for that increase; however, if the price decreases, you can take advantage of the new price.

If you read the order agreement on your tesla account all the details are there. You risk having to pay a penalty as "fair compensation" that may include delivery fees but the intent is if you can't take delivery your car goes to someone else and you go back to the waiting queue.

Exactly - you would pay the new lowered price. The 100$ is non refundable, but it stays in your account until you go through with the purchase. You just lose your place in line if you refuse the car once it's ready.

You may need to pay a fee if you wait too long / if you skip your turn a few times (at a certain point it would become unreasonable).