Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also... very tempted to apply for financing via Tesla... 30 days out puts me at June 25th (only 2 of their lenders have a 30 day lock...the other 3 are 60 days). I would hope my car will be here before then. I know people generally say wait for your VIN before applying for financing.

Also... very tempted to apply for financing via Tesla... 30 days out puts me at June 25th (only 2 of their lenders have a 30 day lock...the other 3 are 60 days). I would hope my car will be here before then. I know people generally say wait for your VIN before applying for financing.
I’m in the same boat. My SA said that I should apply for financing ASAP since their preferred lenders are holding approvals for 60 days… but we all know that’s for certain lenders. So that puts us at some risk if we’re not approved for one of those lenders.

I spoke to my friend last night that works in Factory Field Quality and he said that by not applying and being approved doesn’t prioritize us for a VIN… arghhh what do we do 😵‍💫

I’m in the same boat. My SA said that I should apply for financing ASAP since their preferred lenders are holding approvals for 60 days… but we all know that’s for certain lenders. So that puts us at some risk if we’re not approved for one of those lenders.

I spoke to my friend last night that works in Factory Field Quality and he said that by not applying and being approved doesn’t prioritize us for a VIN… arghhh what do we do 😵‍💫
Yeah, the struggle is real.

Also.. FYI. This is what one of the advisors said (not MY advisor, just someone that I got when I emailed [email protected]):

"Currently, US Bank / Wells Fargo / Chase would all have 60 day approvals. TD Auto finance and BMO Harris would be valid for 30 days. Anecdotally, in my experience the majority of our approvals that I see come out of the US Bank, WF, Chase grouping of lenders."

My account still sits in the 5-11 weeks from ordering range. Ordered May 11th, when i was at the dealership trying to get a adapter I said I just ordered a Model 3 and he replied with "you should have it by the end of June" so fingers crossed on that. The dealership did have quite a few 2021 model 3's in the lot already my guess is waiting for pick up.

It doesn't appear to be a "north of the border" thing as I just called my Tesla shop (Kitchener, Ontario) to inquire about the delivery schedule. Not the most talkative Tesla employee, but he did say that shipments have been coming in of various sizes with regularity, and in my particular case he appeared rather confident that it would be "mid-June" when I receive my Model 3 (white, SR+). My actual Tesla account says June 9 - 28, and I ordered April 16th (not 17th as I stated incorrectly in a previous post). When I expressed concern that I might not receive the car until Q3, he reiterated that I'd be looking at "mid-June".
In the meantime, accessories have been arriving at my house in record time, I'm continuing to watch YouTube videos of the Model 3 (esp. those of Carter Jones, R. Shaw, etc...), and I've just begun re-reading the manual, yeah that's right, "RE"-reading! And, I bet I'm not the only one! Admit it!
guilty, but I'm on my first reading still

Reactions: Knights05
Yeah, the struggle is real.

Also.. FYI. This is what one of the advisors said (not MY advisor, just someone that I got when I emailed [email protected]):

"Currently, US Bank / Wells Fargo / Chase would all have 60 day approvals. TD Auto finance and BMO Harris would be valid for 30 days. Anecdotally, in my experience the majority of our approvals that I see come out of the US Bank, WF, Chase grouping of lenders."
Thanks for sharing! My gut feeling was that most approvals were WF / US Bank / Chase based on all the forum posts. Since my estimated delivery was mid-late June, I’m hoping my approval is one of those banks.

Might apply tomorrow or Friday just to get it out of the way… I’m such an indecisive person lol

Thanks for sharing! My gut feeling was that most approvals were WF / US Bank / Chase based on all the forum posts. Since my estimated delivery was mid-late June, I’m hoping my approval is one of those banks.

Might apply tomorrow or Friday just to get it out of the way… I’m such an indecisive person lol
I got impatient. Applied today. Got approved for Chase (which as stated is 60 day locked).

I've been keeping an eye on the used market as I'm concerned my May 1 order will push me to the end of the NEXT quarter...it is just crazy. A used base 2020 SR+ with 15k miles on it going for $2k-3k OVER current prices for a new one:

Not to mention this was scooped up in under 5 min from its listing.
I’m not worried, I’m May 8 ordered. My est Delivery is June 15-30 my SA I definitely should expect delivery between those times

Reactions: stewam7

Update... I got approved for Chase at 4.04%... emailed [email protected] and asked them if they could do better... and they tried with wells fargo and I got 2.49%.

Email [email protected] if you dont like the original terms... just FYI.

Reactions: Bulldogge16