Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ashamed, but I will divulge my credit score to give some people hope... it was 661-667 (TransUnion), 675 (Fico). So yeah.. there's that.
No reason to be ashamed! We’re all building our scores to be better 🙂 Was just curious because I’ve always gotten nervous applying for loans since I’d end up with higher rates. But have to remind myself that was when I didn’t have much credit history.

Since I purchased a home 6 months ago and was approved for a 30-year conventional mortgage, I feel like I’d be approved for Tesla Financing *crosses fingers*

Reactions: makirules
No reason to be ashamed! We’re all building our scores to be better 🙂 Was just curious because I’ve always gotten nervous applying for loans since I’d end up with higher rates. But have to remind myself that was when I didn’t have much credit history.

Since I purchased a home 6 months ago and was approved for a 30-year conventional mortgage, I feel like I’d be approved for Tesla Financing *crosses fingers*
Yeah I hear ya.. I know I shouldn't be....but you will see a lot of people here with perfect credit. I am a shining beacon of hope for those will fair credit. I always get nervous too.. the financing part was what stressed me out this entire process.

Just to compare (but knowing there are many factors in play with these numbers), I got an innitial 2.49% offer from Tesla, so I emailed [email protected] and asked for a better offer, and they replied 3 hours later with an offer from Chase for 1.79% (I was already a Chase customer with my mortgage, so that could be a factor)
I will email them now wish me luck!

Reactions: carvasd
After accepting the financing, it states the following:

"Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery"

Does that mean I can't bring a cashier's check? I have to pay ACH? I heard some people were charged twice by doing ACH in the past, and would be afraid it would happen to me.

After accepting the financing, it states the following:

"Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery"

Does that mean I can't bring a cashier's check? I have to pay ACH? I heard some people were charged twice by doing ACH in the past, and would be afraid it would happen to me.
I asked my SA and I accepted financing through Tesla, I am just paying the taxes and fees out of pocket. He told me I dont have to do anything right now, they will reach out to pay the remaining balance before delivery.

Reactions: makirules