Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose I expected some sort of wait (I knew I wasn't going to get my car in a week or two), but this is sort of ridiculous. The lack of transparency, the lack of communication from my advisors, the wonky rhyme and reason for deliveries... this is by far (for me at least) the worst car experience that I have ever had... but also this is the first Tesla I have ever purchased... maybe if it was my 2nd, I wouldn't be so surprised and would at least know what to expect.
Totally understandable and warranted. I would assume if there was better & perhaps more transparency in the communication, maybe your perception would change. However, I’m hopeful you will receive your VIN soon!

Reactions: makirules
Update for me: Received VIN last Friday, talked to my SA (very responsive for me; this is the 2nd tesla I'm ordering with her), and did tell me it looks like mid-June. Called the Delivery center in Honolulu (tried a couple of times and got a person) and was told that it looks like it'll arrive June 14. I guess I'll see a EDD (none in my account atm) when it actually gets on a ship to HI.

I am buying my M3 SR with trade in , i got almost $1,500 more offer from somewhere , what happens if i cancel my trade in and sell it to another place . Is there anybody who has ran through this process?
I cancelled my trade in as it was a lease and had to return it (expired and leasing company denied my extension request). Only thing it did was that it added to the amount due at delivery. Loan stayed the same.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Hang in there... I keep coming back to check if you got your VIN... I was with you all of last week while everyone who ordered after us either got a delivery scheduled or picked up a car. I feel like you might have been on the wrong cycle of them building these cars... We have the chip shortage to blame here... Manufacturing and assembly is a complex process and more so when parts are expected from across the world, just in time for assembly. Based on Chicago lots, seems like delivery to dealership is made weekly... You should see something this week.
So you think chicago area deliveries should start happening this week? I don't even have my VIN yet

Reactions: sirazier
If I don't get one this quarter I will just cancel the order and write it off waiting for another EV to hit the market. I would love to a have a second car but my wife doesn't work and rarely do we need to travel apart from each other.

My estimated delivery time jumps around a bit, today its 14-30, yesterday it was 13-30, etc. At this point I am just somewhat burned out on the experience and all of the news with Tesla Vision, etc.
Jarred, understand your frustration, hang in there, do not get discouraged, Tesla will get you a car and you will look back and say you were glad you waited.

Reactions: HalfNHalfT
You cannot make this up.. I've called my Tesla over 20 times the last 7 day & not a single answer. At this point I'm takin it personally. My dad went there for service for his model S & said they were just sitting there too. Needa get these people fired.

Anyone whom had estimated dates, then those dates totally disappear, and now have a VIN/ or a new date??

I had an estimated date of June 10-15 when i first ordered in April 23, then 7-11 weeks, then it completely disappeared a couple weeks ago. Only 2 more weeks until i hit my "original" date of June 10-15.

Reactions: sirazier
So ordered 5/12 Emailed my SA this morning about if he had any idea on delivery and he said this "No current updates yet but I did want to let you know that your order is currently being prioritized by our system for produced vehicles, we are hoping to hear word of your produced vehicle sometime in the next week for a June delivery hopefully. Any updates regarding your account I will reach out with much excitement."

So whatever that means, hopefully it's good :\

So ordered 5/12 Emailed my SA this morning about if he had any idea on delivery and he said this "No current updates yet but I did want to let you know that your order is currently being prioritized by our system for produced vehicles, we are hoping to hear word of your produced vehicle sometime in the next week for a June delivery hopefully. Any updates regarding your account I will reach out with much excitement."

As much as I wish it wasn’t, that seems like a non-answer.
What specs did you order?

🧐 Sooo how is your car any different than others 😂

oh Tesla…. You go to the beat of your own drum 🥁

Sometimes you have to take what your advisors say with a grain of salt. My delivery advisor told me that they prioritize orders that have all their steps completed in their profile.. yet here I am.. without a VIN.. very not prioritized.