Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our M3 LR with FSD on April 22 and every time we checked the scheduled date range sometimes did not appear but today it says 2-11 weeks. Our original delivery date was June 10, 2021.
We ordered on 4/15 (SD as well). M3P white/white no FSD and have not received a VIN. Currently showing 2-11 weeks. SA from the 510 area code number stated expect the car to ship to the North County 10 days prior to end of June smh. Please help me make sense of this when others have orders after this date and have VIN and/or delivery schedule.

We ordered on 4/15 (SD as well). M3P white/white no FSD and have not received a VIN. Currently showing 2-11 weeks. SA from the 510 area code number stated expect the car to ship to the North County 10 days prior to end of June smh. Please help me make sense of this when others have orders after this date and have VIN and/or delivery schedule.
I feel your pain. I ordered on 3/17 and I still havent even received anything.

Same here... still waiting for my VIN. I order on 4/23, hopefully, we should hear news from Tesla this week...
[I ordered an SR+ White with black interior, 19' wheels, no FSD]
This is exactly what I ordered, although a week later. Nothing yet!

I ran by the Chesterfield dealership today here in St. Louis but still only a few model 3's. It doesn't look like they have delivered many cars over the last week as many of the cars are in the same spot as a week ago. So I'm not likely getting my car this week.

Oh well, I know others have been waiting longer than I have.

Reactions: Diego_Rdz_
I spoke with my SA that works at the Fremont Showroom and asked about the disappearance of the EDD. He said that the Tesla website updates so frequently that estimates should be ignored. Rather, the Delivery Operations Team will directly contact once a VIN is able to be assigned.

On 5/29 it showed June 13-June 30 then disappeared on Sunday, hasn't returned since. Manifesting that the delivery is soon!

I spoke with my SA that works at the Fremont Showroom and asked about the disappearance of the EDD. He said that the Tesla website updates so frequently that estimates should be ignored. Rather, the Delivery Operations Team will directly contact once a VIN is able to be assigned.

On 5/29 it showed June 13-June 30 then disappeared on Sunday, hasn't returned since. Manifesting that the delivery is soon!
delivery operations team? from the SC? or is that the delivery advisor? I hope not the delivery advisor because mine rarely responds to me (still hasn't responded to my text I sent on 5/14)

delivery operations team? from the SC? or is that the delivery advisor? I hope not the delivery advisor because mine rarely responds to me (still hasn't responded to my text I sent on 5/14)
Yeah, every Tesla Showroom has their own local Delivery Advisors, and I believe updates come directly from the Delivery Operations Team in Fremont. If you're not receiving responses from your DA, I'd ask for the Store Manager to follow up.

Reactions: makirules
Question for those who are financing and waiting for delivery. How long before the did you get the option to wire the $. Do you get directions via sms/email/ we page?

My delivery is on 6/3 8am and I still don't have the details to wire the funds over. SA obvious is not very helpful on giving more information.

Question for those who are financing and waiting for delivery. How long before the did you get the option to wire the $. Do you get directions via sms/email/ we page?

My delivery is on 6/3 8am and I still don't have the details to wire the funds over. SA obvious is not very helpful on giving more information.
Once I schedule delivery appointment (I had 3 day window since I got notification that car was already ready to pick up), one day before that on website the button showed up for me to pay the initial payment. You will have plenty of time, it takes less than 5 minutes online. Also, for any reason if you don't prefer to pay online you can also carry cashiers check at the time of pick up.

Update for people continuing to wait if anyone is still looking for a timeline of events…
I received my VIN on May 28th for an order placed on April 13th. Prior to receiving a VIN my delivery date fluctuated a lot much like everyone else’s, but the night before I received my it, my date disappeared completely and then changed to 3-13 weeks during the day before I got the email about my VIN being assigned.

Throughout this entire process, my SA has been extremely unhelpful if he even replies, so I’ve had my best luck just calling in to my Service Center and speaking to whoever answers. My delivery date changed to 1 June - 7 June after being assigned a VIN, but my SA never reached out or responded to set up a delivery date. Instead, I received an automated text from Tesla the following Monday which allowed me to schedule a time slot and a day - but the soonest appointment was for 8 June, outside of the window the website gave me. This was solved by calling in to the Delivery line at the Service Center and just straight up asking for a sooner date. The person I spoke to was a Customer Experience Manager, and she was able to change my date to this Sunday (6th) after explaining that my vehicle was slotted to arrive at the facility on Friday. This was probably the single most informative conversation that I’ve ever had with anyone at Tesla, as she was able to add my documents necessary to secure financing to my account as well. After I hung up the phone, my account was update on the Tesla site within 5 minutes reflecting the new delivery date.

Overall, the communication from Tesla has been a nightmare and is the only thing making me rethink the purchase. I think most have a certain level of expectation when paying a certain amount for a “luxury” item and from a customer service standpoint Tesla isn’t meeting that. I’m sure the car will overshadow that for me, but I definitely understand other’s frustrations with the process.