Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah my EDD change this morning to

August 18 - September 07​

Crazy meaning Q3 definitely sold out I'm wondering if I get my car that late I might just wait and get a 2022 model. I have a lot time to think about this šŸ˜‚
I was 9-13 weeks since last Sunday and this morning I woke up to June 29-30 EDD. I did not receive ā€œJUNE textsā€ like others have reported on here and that kinda worries me. Iā€™m an April order so being told September would really be frustrating. I know people on here are like ā€œjust wait blah blahā€, but at this point Iā€™m well past the original timeframe I was quoted when initially ordered so Iā€™m not being ā€œunreasonableā€ for being upset that I was told 6-11 weeks and Iā€™m past week 11. Also not to mention the SA telling me to apply for financing in May and almost making it seem like if I didnā€™t have the financing done it would affect me getting a vin, which is not the case as Iā€™ve read here. Iā€™m a damn April order ffs! Lol but I did learn my damn lesson and I already pre ordered my cybertruck for 2022. Tesla will not be playing me AGAIN in 1.5 years lmfao

Reactions: rsaucedo23
Yeah my EDD change this morning to

August 18 - September 07​

Crazy meaning Q3 definitely sold out I'm wondering if I get my car that late I might just wait and get a 2022 model. I have a lot time to think about this šŸ˜‚
Jesus, what configuration did you order and what date? Sorry if it was in a previous post.
I ordered 5/21 SR+ White/Black no upgrades
My current EDD is 9-13 weeks and had it at June 26 -June 30th at one point..

Iā€™m pretty worried about my pick up tomorrow. I keep telling myself if the car is garbage Tesla will fix it but Iā€™m also mentally preparing myself to take delivery of a POS and resent Tesla after this whole experience. Good news is if I hate it after this whole experience, demand is so high I could probably sell it quickly and likely for a break even (really at the cost of 11 weeks of my life and my sanity of course) or maybe a profit.
I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be a pos exactly per say lol. Thereā€™s a checklist floating around here and I showed it to my friend that works there (they are coming with me to pick up the car to check it since they know where things go overlooked) they said the checklist is pretty solid. Depending on your situation of needing a car, if itā€™s bad bad I would reject delivery until they fix everything which I think you can do without giving your vin per say to someone else.

I was 9-13 weeks since last Sunday and this morning I woke up to June 29-30 EDD. I did not receive ā€œJUNE textsā€ like others have reported on here and that kinda worries me. Iā€™m an April order so being told September would really be frustrating. I know people on here are like ā€œjust wait blah blahā€, but at this point Iā€™m well past the original timeframe I was quoted when initially ordered so Iā€™m not being ā€œunreasonableā€ for being upset that I was told 6-11 weeks and Iā€™m past week 11. Also not to mention the SA telling me to apply for financing in May and almost making it seem like if I didnā€™t have the financing done it would affect me getting a vin, which is not the case as Iā€™ve read here. Iā€™m a damn April order ffs! Lol but I did learn my damn lesson and I already pre ordered my cybertruck for 2022. Tesla will not be playing me AGAIN in 1.5 years lmfao
Yikes! Well I hope they assign you a VIN soon. Their "EDD" system is complete BS and in no way accurate which is very annoying especially for a company as big as Tesla.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
Jesus, what configuration did you order and what date? Sorry if it was in a previous post.
I ordered 5/21 SR+ White/Black no upgrades
My current EDD is 9-13 weeks and had it at June 26 -June 30th at one point..
Order 5/30 SR+ gray/black no upgrades my first delivery date way June 14 - 28 and last week it was at 6/21 - 30. I'm doing a trade in as well. I did the trade in estimate online to see what I would get the next day they called me to see if I want to make order I said "I'm not sure yet, how long do I have to wait to get a car?" and the SA told until the end of June and I said ok I'll do the order. I email him 2 weeks ago about seeing the EDD bouncing all over the place and he told me the EDD on the website is glitch and their IT is working on it and I should have my car by the end of June. I email him 4 days ago about my financing and when I have to reapply because I said in the email I know I won't get the car at the end of June and never ge wrote back... I'll try calling Tesla Monday see if I can get a better answer. I just don't want to build up so many hard inquiry on my credit score having to wait and they should tell people to wait for apply for financing if there's a long wait.

Reactions: AnthonyM3SRP
That is a horror story. Did you get your payment back? Holding that large payment for 3 month is a fraud.
Well I'm gonna call the guy back today and ask what I can do. He said i could cancel; but I already bought all my stuff, had an EV charger installed. But ya i just want my money minus deposit back. I'll go reinvest it for a few months and make money. I sorta can't believe they'd do this without some kind of up front compensation. Sorta crazy

I ordered June 3rd, this morning mine changed to August 20 - September 9. Hopefully that isn't really true :oops:
Ah, it's likely very true. Ordering in june and getting it before August would be a miracle (and probably very unfair to others tbh). I could see Sept. for June orders. I ordered in March and still don't have mine. And the guy didn't even think i'd get mine before August. I'd get hope out of your head really fast or you'll drive yourself insane.

We placed an order for a M3 on 5/12 and the EDD has been floating between 6/25-6/30 for weeks now but this week it had changed to 7-10 weeks and now says August.
i called Thursday and asked and they said I definitely shouldnā€™t expect delivery for Q2, which put me into ā€œtime to stalk inventory modeā€ on looking for a car. Iā€™ve been doing this song and dance with Tesla going on 4 years now

Anywho, found an inventory car that matched my order to the T and taking delivery today.
Iā€™m in SoCal, which always tends to be a crazy end of quarter anyways.

We placed an order for a M3 on 5/12 and the EDD has been floating between 6/25-6/30 for weeks now but this week it had changed to 7-10 weeks and now says August.
i called Thursday and asked and they said I definitely shouldnā€™t expect delivery for Q2, which put me into ā€œtime to stalk inventory modeā€ on looking for a car. Iā€™ve been doing this song and dance with Tesla going on 4 years now

Anywho, found an inventory car that matched my order to the T and taking delivery today.
Iā€™m in SoCal, which always tends to be a crazy end of quarter anyways.
I've been stalking the existing inventory as well, there have only been 2 SR+ pop up unfortunately not in the configuration I want.. I'll stay on the look out.

That is a horror story. Did you get your payment back? Holding that large payment for 3 month is a fraud.
I called Tesla. The guy is trying to figure something out but he is thinking the only way to get my money back is to cancel my order; and even then it's 6-8weeks to get my money back. I can't even. $50k being held for almost 2 months, and i'd have to cancel my order (ordered in March) and go to back of the line? Idk, I've been patient. But holding that much $$$ for that long seems absurd. Zero compensation it looks like. Even if i end up getting my Tesla; i'd likely never order one again from a company that thinks this is acceptable. This isn't a growing pain issue, this is downright morally repulsive. Not really sure what i should do at this point. ugh.

Hey sorry if I missed this, somewhat new here, but what checklist are you referring to?
Hi Chaoticvortex,
This is the checklist that I used. I hope you find it beneficial and help you streamline your preview before taking actual delivery.

I also suggest that if you are paying cash...do not pay before.

Ask the Tesla delivery rep to open the car to examine before you sign all the documents and hand over your payment. Take as much time as you need to review the entire exterior and interior of the car. Ask for physical hard copies of all the documents that you sign. Our Tesla Delivery Rep, Cyrus was fabulous. He was extremely helpful. (We had few areas where some residual protective adhesive was still on the vehicle. Cyrus walked around and removed it all to our satisfaction.)

FYI: if you do find minor issues, take photos of all the issues to document. Ask the Tesla delivery rep to assist with setting up your service appointment.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!! We are!!

PS: when I ordered on 4/29/2021, the EDD was 6-9 weeks. We received our M3 in 58 days or 8 weeks. So the initial EDD was exactly on target.

Attachments

• Tesla-Delivery-Checklist.pdf
    178.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I ordered my 3 SR+ early June (like June 10), and at checkout, it says 8-12 weeks, meaning the LATEST I should get the car is like September 10. However, my estimated delivery window changed from July 25 - August 8 to September 20- October 9. When can I expect my car? It's my first car so I'll need to buy insurance and stuff too

Reactions: hcdavis3
I called the Costa Mesa Delivery Center and a woman picked up. She looked at my account and said my car is still in Fremont and while my appointment is Monday, it can be pushed to Tuesday if it can't make it on-time. She also said there is an option to have it delivered to my house but I think I'll keep it as a pickup so I can actually talk to someone if there are issues with my car when I inspect it.
Got a text and checked my acct. The pickup appointment has been pushed out 24 hours and now Tuesday (6/29) instead.

Text:

Tesla Update - Your Tesla is experiencing a Transport Delay - We will adjust the appointment 24-hours out as to make sure we can oversee our inspection process. We can easily reschedule you to a sooner date pending arrival. Our number is 714-XXX-XXXX option 4. Thank you!