Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!
I ordered a SR+ May 30th, 2021. Midnight Silver. Showed a 4-14 week delivery time, and the range stayed pretty steady at July 5th-July 30th.

On June 22, it switched to a delivery range of June 24-30th. Ok!! Waited...waited...then yesterday (June 27th) it switched all the way to September delivery timeframe. I decided it'd show up when it would show up, and I was going to stop checking.

Three hours later, I got a text to schedule delivery - on June 30th.

I tried to do so through the Tesla calendar - but the calendar actually showed June 30th as being a Monday. June 30th is actually Wednesday. 🤣 (I hope whoever coded the page for the calendar didn't program my car...ha).

I called to schedule then, and I have a VIN and pickup date June 30th. They did say the car is actually still finishing in production, but they are trying to get them assigned and to folks as quickly as possible. I live about an hour and a half from Fremont, so I could see the short turnaround working (I hope).

Anywho. That's my update - and fingers crossed!

For anyone that has paid their down payment with a cashiers check, does that slow down the pick up process? I haven’t got a notification to pay anything yet and I cannot transfer the large sum in one day to the account I need it to be in for withdrawal (maybe if I call the bank?) So I want to go to the bank today and get a check to be prepared and not scrambling in two days but the Tesla rep told me it will slow down my pick up dramatically. Has this been the case for anyone?

Hi all!
I ordered a SR+ May 30th, 2021. Midnight Silver. Showed a 4-14 week delivery time, and the range stayed pretty steady at July 5th-July 30th.

On June 22, it switched to a delivery range of June 24-30th. Ok!! Waited...waited...then yesterday (June 27th) it switched all the way to September delivery timeframe. I decided it'd show up when it would show up, and I was going to stop checking.

I tried to do so through the Tesla calendar - but the calendar actually showed June 30th as being a Monday. June 30th is actually Wednesday. 🤣 (I hope whoever coded the page for the calendar didn't program my car...ha).

I called to schedule then, and I have a VIN and pickup date June 30th. They did say the car is actually still finishing in production, but they are trying to get them assigned and to folks as quickly as possible. I live about an hour and a half from Fremont, so I could see the short turnaround working (I hope).

That’s awesome! With you being in CA, I’m sure they are just trying to pump their numbers up and get cars to those in CA before the end of the month. Works for you though I’m sure!
Congrats!

That is actually the one thing that differed for me than what others have posted on here. Not only did I not receive the “JUNE/JULY” text, but I also didn’t even receive an email or text telling me anything. I honestly (sadly) just randomly look at my Tesla account daily LOL I don’t know if people are literally clicking the refresh button but I’ve never done that, each time I do my daily random checks I just open the Tesla app all over again and go to the account section. But I’m glad I have been randomly checking because as I stated I got nothing, no text or email telling me to check my account or that my order is ready to proceed with delivery. The text I got for home delivery after accepting didn’t come until hours after clicking the blue button. Yesterday I added insurance as soon as I clicked the blue button and this morning at 5AM I get my first email from Tesla telling me to add insurance (although I did that immediately yesterday lol) so the notifications have been delayed for me.
Trust me girl, you're not alone lmao. I randomly check my account from a web browser every couple of hours or so daily even though I know it's bad for my mental health. I never got any of the "JUNE" texts either nor any texts from Tesla or my SA for that matter. I'm hoping I'll get a notification sometime throughout the next couple of days to schedule delivery since all aspects of my account are completed. There was a member here that ordered the same exact configuration on the same exact day as me and they received their VIN 6/8 and took delivery 6/24 or something like that but they were in Florida and I'm here in SoCal. By this logic, it seems as though they push cars out first that are further away and focus on the closer locations when it comes closer to quarter end.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
Putting in my two cents here for ordering timeline.
OD: 10MAY2021
Financing was all done 20MAY after a calling, emailing, and getting things settled. Tesla wasn’t much help. I was lucky to be proactive in figuring out my own things.
SR+. White exterior Black interior.
No VIN yet. My SA is telling me mid-July as of late last week.
My EDD is riding at 9-13 weeks after bouncing all over the place. So I’m just waiting patiently. I have a car already, so I can afford to be patient.

WOOHOO CONGRATS!!!

My back door handle was also slightly sunken in (but only 1 door handle). I set up an appointment with a mobile technician for July 15th (earliest they could get me in)

Were your keycards in the glovebox? Mine were not... They handed me the keycards when I accepted delivery in the app.
Thanks!
No, my keys were sitting in the center console where I'm sure the temperature reached the 100s.
Hope they are able to fix everything 🙏

Reactions: makirules
Hi all!

Lucky I order the same day but my EDD is now mid July to Early August and I only live 20 minutes away from Fremont

First post here. Been lurking for the past few weeks. Finally got my delivery date.

Ordered M3 on 5/12 and contactless delivery is going to be 6/30. I'm located in SoCal.

For those that had the cars dropped off, did you inspect prior to accepting the vehicle?

Hi all!

It's amazing that as high tech Tesla cars are, how much they butcher the simple things surrounding the car buying process.

This is a horrible picture, this is a frame from a video she shot from her phone. But this is what a fully loaded car carrier looks like when it's hauling Teslas. They're heavy cars, can't do full loads. Off to work...

Cheers.

Attachments

• incoming.png
    incoming.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 87
HOLY CRAP IT HAPPENED
OMG that is today! So happy for you! Hope everything goes smooth from here on out for you! So far the process hasn’t been so smooth for me lol the delivery address fiasco was fixed for me but now I did financing less than 45 days ago and they re ran my credit this morning and bumped up my interest rate from 2.69 to 2.91 which is so annoying. I was told it was good for 60 days without having to re run. And ofcourse it went slightly higher cause my score has yet to recover from the their first pull less than 45 days ago! Ugh lol now just waiting for the app to let me submit my down payment. If not to the bank line I go for a cashiers check today! It’s going to be hard to sleep the next two nights for me lol

Lucky I order the same day but my EDD is now mid July to Early August and I only live 20 minutes away from Fremont
Hopefully the end of qtr push takes people by surprise and you never know you might get reassigned someone’s vin who can’t take delivery this week for some reason. (That’s what the SA was telling me usually happens) Positive vibessss 🤞

Reactions: GiFer
Hopefully the end of qtr push takes people by surprise and you never know you might get reassigned someone’s vin who can’t take delivery this week for some reason. (That’s what the SA was telling me usually happens) Positive vibessss 🤞
My SA told me the same thing. Apparently a lot of VINs get reassigned because people aren’t ready to take delivery for whatever reason.
I just ordered two weeks a ago, but I’m paying with my trade-in so I keep hoping for a miracle. Not getting my hopes up though.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr