Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered SR+ W/B Aero on 10th of May in Vancouver, Canada. Estimated delivery at time of ordering was 5-9 weeks. It's been 12.

Est. delivery has bounced around from dates a couple of weeks out to 9-13 weeks the entire time. For the last week it has been narrowing the window to the end of July. Today the window is July 22-25. I checked the source code on the page today and found that there is a VIN number assigned to the RN but I don't have anything official. Does this mean the vehicle will be assigned a vin shortly?

Ordered SR+ W/B Aero on 10th of May in Vancouver, Canada. Estimated delivery at time of ordering was 5-9 weeks. It's been 12.

Est. delivery has bounced around from dates a couple of weeks out to 9-13 weeks the entire time. For the last week it has been narrowing the window to the end of July. Today the window is July 22-25. I checked the source code on the page today and found that there is a VIN number assigned to the RN but I don't have anything official. Does this mean the vehicle will be assigned a vin shortly?
You should have a VIN assigned, then. You might want to ring your SA to see the status and inform them that you’ve unearthed a VIN.

I ordered same day as you with same specs in Portland Oregon, and got a much shorter EDD initially, but missed the Q2 rollout. My EDD is currently doing the “in two days”, then “not found” EDD shuffle. Here’s hoping your VIN find is accurate and you’re set to accept delivery soon.

With that tight of a range, I would assume you will be getting your VIN any day now. Oh, and it's only been 9 weeks since MAY 10, right at the tail end of their original estimate.

Reactions: CCRM3
Just an update: Pickup went smoothly. The only issue I found externally was the driver side headlight protruding further out of the body than the right side. They fixed it at the service center in about an hour during a follow-up appointment. I had a few other questions, but they were just things that I wasn't sure of due to never owning an EV before (like the humming noise from the pump) and all ended up being normal. Paint looks great (midnight silver), panels are fine, handles are fine. No flaws other than the light. Oh..and Sentry mode not working, but, software (dashcam works fine, and records, so it isn't a hardware or camera issue).... Loving it so far!
They do exist!

Thats awesome, when did you get your VIN and when did you order?
Order 6/8, VIN 7/10, scheduled for 7/14. I did have a fiasco with purchasing an inventory car and setting up delivery near EOQ that was pulled from me so maybe I got prioritized because of that? The switch to Cali deliveries early in the quarter is new too. Just last week my SA was saying expect August to September for Cali.

Order 6/8, VIN 7/10, scheduled for 7/14. I did have a fiasco with purchasing an inventory car and setting up delivery near EOQ that was pulled from me so maybe I got prioritized because of that? The switch to Cali deliveries early in the quarter is new too. Just last week my SA was saying expect August to September for Cali.
Nice, where in Cali are you receiving delivery?

Got all excited when I saw my local SC emailed me, but it was just for a virtual orientation overview in anticipation of the yet to be defined delivery date. They are still doing contactless deliveries there so it will be interesting. No VIN yet.

groundhog-day-different-1200x675.jpg

My dates went from 9-13 weeks to 8-12 weeks to 7/20-8/9. My order is SR+ MSM, Black interior and stock wheels. Order Date 5/27 and pick up in Mt. Kisco, NY.

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 20 - August 09
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • 8-12 weeks
    • 9-13 weeks
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08

Attachments

• 1626131198319.png
    1626131198319.png
    471 KB · Views: 45
I really hope they are prioritizing CA orders. Ordered on 5/22 SR+ white/black aero and my EDD is currently at 7/29 ~ 8/18. I’m in LA.
I hope that yours is prioritized based on your order date! We’re all in this waiting game. Excited when someone who ordered before me gets a VIN and delivery.. but then disappointed when someone ordered later and gets theirs first. I wasn’t worried about EOQ rush, but you’re out there in CA, so it must be ups and downs. What is anyone else doing to not go mad? 😂🤣