Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has been a rollercoaster ride. I ordered my Model 3 SR+ ( Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero, and no FSD) on 6/23. That same night I completed all the tasks and submitted for my trade in ( 07 Pontiac G5 Base).

The EDD hung out at 4-12 weeks for a while then it started showing Early July EDD. It flipped several times from mid to early July. The most excited I got was on June 15 when my EDD was down to a week, June 22 to 27th. Was excited because I had a week and a half vacation for the 4th of July weekend planned and my current car isn't in the best shape to make these kinds of 1000+ mile road trips anymore. Well June 22 came and went, EDD was still close around July 3rd making me think I could still take my trip. SA said, " I'm sure you'll get it my end of June". Well I had to cancel all that time off because still no delivery date. This morning it changed again from July 21 to Aug 4 back to the dreaded "8 - 12 weeks".

My morning routine has been get up at 5 and refresh the page, because I found my EDD gets updated around 4am PT. and I check multiple times a day knowing that it will not update my EDD in the middle of the day. So now I just wait for the ability to schedule my delivery or for a belt to blow on my current car.

On a positive note I will miss this SDGE price hike for home charging that is happening right now.

I hope that yours is prioritized based on your order date! We’re all in this waiting game. Excited when someone who ordered before me gets a VIN and delivery.. but then disappointed when someone ordered later and gets theirs first. I wasn’t worried about EOQ rush, but you’re out there in CA, so it must be ups and downs. What is anyone else doing to not go mad? 😂🤣
What am I doing to not go mad?

Nothing. I have officially gone made 🤣

Reactions: CCRM3
Feels like the 8-12 weeks is just a placeholder in the event the actual date range can't be retrieved, probably some sort of exception/timeout that occurs and this is just the default value so the EDD doesn't just poof. Hopefully we all have a date range tomorrow and those that have been waiting for awhile get VINs assigned. 🤞

Ordered May 20th, SR+ Blue/Black Aero.
EDD: July 20th-August 8th
No vin yet, no contact from tesla after they texted me about trade-in (which I'm not utilizing).
Incredibly excited to get this car, but man is this wait stressful! Can't wait to get the vin so I can finally start to believe the estimated delivery date...

I ordered the same thing as Arnesto... on the 9th of April. My dates keep switching between late July and 8-12 weeks. In NW Oregon.
Wow, that sucks, I'm sorry! I wonder why it's taking so long with yours. =S

Delivery center called to move appt forward to this afternoon. Picking up in a few hours!
Wow, nice! Congratulations! =D Let us know how the pick up experience goes!