Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of my Bolt buyback. Things finally started moving and basically I'll be able to turn in my '19 Bolt Premier for a Launch Edition loaded '22 Bolt EUV. Of course the EUV is stuck at the factory because it's missing a microprocessor for the Supercruise system (car hung up at the the factory....what else is new 😆), but otherwise the buyback is a done deal. Swap '19 Bolt for '22 Bolt EUV for $0 out of pocket. Meanwhile, my SR+ Model 3 EDD is "8-12 weeks".

Ideal scenario is to take delivery of the EUV sometime soon and drive it around for a bit and then decide if I want to keep it or trade it in for the Model 3 whenever it's ready. By the time the 3 is ready for delivery, I should have enough seat time in the EUV to decide whether to keep it or not.

Sitrep: I was able to get a manager to approve the application of a referral code to my order several weeks after placing my order. My referral code however disappeared several weeks ago.

My trade in expired last week, but luckily they evaluated it for the same value. With the way things are going I may have to go through this evaluation for a third time in August.

Reactions: FlyingRhombus
Sitrep: I was able to get a manager to approve the application of a referral code to my order several weeks after placing my order. My referral code however disappeared several weeks ago.

My trade in expired last week, but luckily they evaluated it for the same value. With the way things are going I may have to go through this evaluation for a third time in August.
Mine just expired yesterday and got back to them this morning they dropped in again was it was $4500, then $4000, now $3700. i cancelled the trade in parts alone is worth more.

Trying to decide now whether to return the old-style cap kit I bought from Amazon (top) or go with these aero caps from Tesla (bottom). Kinda lean towards the new set, while I wait for my “hopeful” mid-August delivery.

329BFDB1-78B0-4E40-94E3-C1CC08383682.jpeg

Already got my hardwired Tesla wall charger, and local electrician just gave me a $1,000 quote to install it including running copper cable from my exterior electrical box on the opposite side of the house 30 feet (via crawl space) to the garage.

Reactions: MisterL
Ordered in Lake Forest CA on 7/1 with an original EDD of 9-13 weeks. Sometime around 7/15 my EDD went to 7/29 - 8/11 (or something around there), and has been moving out further every day since then, and now I'm back to 8-12 weeks. As if waiting wasn't going to be hard enough, I sold my car to the dealership I work at since they need cars and gave me $4,300 more than Tesla was going to give me on trade in.

Trying to decide now whether to return the old-style cap kit I bought from Amazon (top) or go with these aero caps from Tesla (bottom). Kinda lean towards the new set, while I wait for my “hopeful” mid-August delivery.

View attachment 684226

Already got my hardwired Tesla wall charger, and local electrician just gave me a $1,000 quote to install it including running copper cable from my exterior electrical box on the opposite side of the house 30 feet (via crawl space) to the garage.
I like both but I prefer the ones in the 2nd pic, where’d you find them? Also, did your $1000 electrical include the Tesla Wall Connector, or was that another $500 in addition?

Ordered in Lake Forest CA on 7/1 with an original EDD of 9-13 weeks. Sometime around 7/15 my EDD went to 7/29 - 8/11 (or something around there), and has been moving out further every day since then, and now I'm back to 8-12 weeks. As if waiting wasn't going to be hard enough, I sold my car to the dealership I work at since they need cars and gave me $4,300 more than Tesla was going to give me on trade in.
you must be my clone! I ordered 7/7 also in Lake Forest, basically exactly the same date ranges I saw too. interested to see if we get our cars at the same time!

Spoke with a Tesla rep today, said it could be as late as sept. Ordered June 6. I’ll buy a used one before I wait another 2 months
The impression I get from the reps I’ve talked to is that I’d get more insight from a magic 8 ball 🤣. If you ordered June 6th, I’d plan on it being the 8-12 weeks it was when we ordered (I ordered the day after you on the 7th). That puts us sometime toward the start or middle of August. My financing approval (3rd party through my credit union) is good through 8/10 and the rep I spoke to today told me I should have a VIN to complete my financing before then. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

The impression I get from the reps I’ve talked to is that I’d get more insight from a magic 8 ball 🤣. If you ordered June 6th, I’d plan on it being the 8-12 weeks it was when we ordered (I ordered the day after you on the 7th). That puts us sometime toward the start or middle of August. My financing approval (3rd party through my credit union) is good through 8/10 and the rep I spoke to today told me I should have a VIN to complete my financing before then. 🤞🏽🤞🏽
So that’s what I was thinking, a rep I spoke to last week said he expected us to get a vin this week or the next. I got a text from a friend who ordered at the end of may, same spec and he was told by another rep that it’s going to be an additional 9 weeks for him due to some part shortage. Who knows what to think.

20210713_155618.jpg

Delivery was seamless today. Rolled up, got walked to car within 30 seconds. Car was immaculate and freshly detailed. Looks even better in person especially with all the blacked out accents. Spent 20-30 min looking everything over. Couldn't find a single issue. Dropped off the check and drove home. This is my first EV, such a fun ride! Hope you all get your VINs soon!

So that’s what I was thinking, a rep I spoke to last week said he expected us to get a vin this week or the next. I got a text from a friend who ordered at the end of may, same spec and he was told by another rep that it’s going to be an additional 9 weeks for him due to some part shortage. Who knows what to think.
I think it all depends on the script they are reading from. lol. At least you get responses. I've emailed my SA and DA, and haven't received a response in two weeks.

Reactions: MisterL
I like both but I prefer the ones in the 2nd pic, where’d you find them? Also, did your $1000 electrical include the Tesla Wall Connector, or was that another $500 in addition?

Quote is just for installation.

View attachment 684301

Delivery was seamless today. Rolled up, got walked to car within 30 seconds. Car was immaculate and freshly detailed. Looks even better in person especially with all the blacked out accents. Spent 20-30 min looking everything over. Couldn't find a single issue. Dropped off the check and drove home. This is my first EV, such a fun ride! Hope you all get your VINs soon!
Congrats! You’re making a lot of people jealous right now!

Reactions: prplrain