Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I've joined the obsessed club. I made a spreadsheet and chart out of my EDD's... Today is day 38 which according to the order tracker spreadsheet is the average time to VIN :D

1628515048870.png

Well I've joined the obsessed club. I made a spreadsheet and chart out of my EDD's... Today is day 38 which according to the order tracker spreadsheet is the average time to VIN :D

View attachment 694170
I’m at 54 days with no VIN. I wouldn’t get your hopes up! I was down to an 11 day spread at one point and last week I was at a three week spread. Currently I’m at a 13 day spread. Aug 21 - Sep 3.
I’ve finally joined the club that says EDD means nothing. I’m patiently just waiting for my VIN at this point haha

No change this morning 08/25-9/14. I guess no change is better than moving backwards. Just trying to stay positive!
I'm in NJ too (picking up from Paramus), my EDD is at 8/26-9/15 for the second day in a row (the day before was something like 9/2-9/22). I ordered 7/11, so one day after you and my EDD range is exactly one day after yours, so seems like the EDD is just set to a certain number of days after our order day at this point. I'm sure we'll see our dates narrow soon, and it's possible our cars will be on the same truck but I'm not sure how that works. I am just really hoping to get it within 2 months of ordering!

I'm still shown August 23/September 5. I suppose it's good it's down to 2 weeks instead of 3? I ordered 4 days earlier than you.

Still nervous about delivery with my crazy work schedule but I suppose we'll get there...
Okay cool! Maybe mine will start narrowing soon. Yeah it seems like there isn't too much flexibility on when delivery occurs.
I'm in NJ too (picking up from Paramus), my EDD is at 8/26-9/15 for the second day in a row (the day before was something like 9/2-9/22). I ordered 7/11, so one day after you and my EDD range is exactly one day after yours, so seems like the EDD is just set to a certain number of days after our order day at this point. I'm sure we'll see our dates narrow soon, and it's possible our cars will be on the same truck but I'm not sure how that works. I am just really hoping to get it within 2 months of ordering!
Oh wow, that could be! What color/options did you pick?

Reactions: asquared17
A friend that I spend a lot of time at his house is putting a 14-50 outside his garage to replace an old camper outlet he had. I have a 6-50 at my house for a welder. The 5-20 is enough charge for my daily routine and there are a couple of those places I go. It's better for the battery to plug in when you can. Also, there's a 5-20 in a more convenient location at my house than the 6-50, so depending on what cars are parked where, I won't need to run a bunch of extension cords, or have cars moved. For the $35 I'd rather have the extra mile out of the 5-20 over the 5-15, just in case.

Cool - thanks for the info. Good point on the welding receptacle. My Dad has a welder in his garage, so maybe I do need another adapter for when I go visit lol.

Just remember that if you ordered a SR+, you likely don't need anything over 30amp, as the SR+ is limited at that. Check the * at the bottom there.
1628518216364.png

When I was looking at options, my panel could only support an additional 30 amp plug without having to spend thousands on a new panel and wiring.

I’m at 54 days with no VIN. I wouldn’t get your hopes up! I was down to an 11 day spread at one point and last week I was at a three week spread. Currently I’m at a 13 day spread. Aug 21 - Sep 3.
I’ve finally joined the club that says EDD means nothing. I’m patiently just waiting for my VIN at this point haha
I was at an 8 day spread, thinking, oh, once it hits 7 days, that's gotta be VIN day. Next day, got pushed back more than a comfortable amount. (With the nice news that an order a week after mine (same build/pickup) got a VIN) There's some dice rolling going on somewhere.

Last edited:
Just remember that if you ordered a SR+, you likely don't need anything over 30amp, as the SR+ is limited at that. Check the * at the bottom there.
View attachment 694209

When I was looking at options, my panel could only support an additional 30 amp plug without having to spend thousands on a new panel and wiring.
You need a 50A outlet to get that 32A charge. A 30A setup would get you 24A charging. (80% rule). Check the chart on the mobile connector page, that's what to expect from the mobile connector instead of the wall connector.

Reactions: Baytomax
You need a 50A outlet to get that 32A charge. A 30A setup would get you 24A charging. (80% rule). Check the chart on the mobile connector page, that's what to expect from the mobile connector instead of the wall connector.
This is true!! I have an electrician coming this Sunday (8/15) to install a 50 amp circuit. Going the NEMA 14-50 route. Placing it right at my breaker box.

I purchased the 14-50 adapter plug for the mobile charger. Expecting to get anywhere from ~30 miles to ~35 miles per hour charge!

Electrician is quoting $300 labor + materials so likely around $450-$600.

I have a literal email response from Tesla saying the EDD we see is practically useless haha. It fluctuates based on factory output for that day and is wildly inaccurate.

You'd think they'd do something about that by now 😅

I have a literal email response from Tesla saying the EDD we see is practically useless haha. It fluctuates based on factory output for that day and is wildly inaccurate.

You'd think they'd do something about that by now 😅
For real. Just tell me a ballpark range so I can stop getting my hopes up. I’d be better off of it had said the 9-12 weeks the entire time. Specific dates are driving me crazy!

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Technically you'd only need a 40A outlet, but there is no NEMA 14-40, so 14-50 is what everyone gets. You *could* wire a 14-50 outlet to supply only a max of 40 amps (and have wire used that only is approved up to 40 amps) for 32A charging and it would be safe, but probably wouldn't pass any official inspection.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Day 70 waiting for SR+ msm no fsd 18" I hate living 15 minutes from the factory using me as last result end of quarter delivery.
Oof that's rough. I saw some posts here from Bay Area people that were receiving VINs/taking delivery. I wouldn't lose hope. It looks like they took care of SD orders, then a bunch of LA county VINs were assigned this past week, I would imagine Bay Area is next on their list right now.

Reactions: iamlina