Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, now I’m really starting to get frustrated. Original time I was quoted was 9-13 weeks. I’m currently in week 11. I was really coming to terms with and accepting late September, even though it was beyond my original quoted time frame. My EDD has now been pushed back to October 14 - November 03. 🤬 I think it’s time to start looking at existing inventory as well even though prices have raised since I ordered. Does anyone know if I place the order if Tesla will honor my original order price?
oh man… october/november??? that is sooooo frustrating. i also am beyond my original timeline (3-11 weeks… monday will be week 14). had a convo with SA recently and said i will *probably* get my car at the end of september. the fact that they didn’t seem sure made my stomach flip, but then again, the SAs basically don’t know much more than we do. i think i remember you being a may order as well. i think it’s smart to watch existing inventory, just have to decide how much you’d be willing to pay to make the waiting stop 😅
sending you good vibes. i hope you get a surprise VIN soon!!

oh man… october/november??? that is sooooo frustrating. i also am beyond my original timeline (3-11 weeks… monday will be week 14). had a convo with SA recently and said i will *probably* get my car at the end of september. the fact that they didn’t seem sure made my stomach flip, but then again, the SAs basically don’t know much more than we do. i think i remember you being a may order as well. i think it’s smart to watch existing inventory, just have to decide how much you’d be willing to pay to make the waiting stop 😅
Yup I’m in May as well. I’ve also had the thought of switching to a performance after my test drive since their dates are at 4-7 weeks and that’s sooner than November lol. $20k is a hefty price on my patience though 🤪

Reactions: Boss56 and frycar
Yup I’m in May as well. I’ve also had the thought of switching to a performance after my test drive since their dates are at 4-7 weeks and that’s sooner than November lol. $20k is a hefty price on my patience though 🤪
I dont know how your doing it, reading how long you've been waiting makes my stomach drop and also gives me a little anxiety that I'll end up in the same boat 🙃 for all of our sanity I hope you get a vin soon.

Howdy all.

Was watching the ordering page yesterday and saw the dates jump from October to January. Is that normal? I got spooked and decided to just pay my $100 right then and there to try and lock in sometihng. Still have not even test drove yet but am about 90% sure I want to make the switch from my Prius to the model 3. Woke up today to see an EDD of 11/21 - 12/21 (one month spread) :rolleyes:

Charlotte, NC

Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Partial Premium Interior
Autopilot

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Question for you all. At what point did your EDD start moving around?

I very recently ordered my vehicle so I’m trying to prepare myself.
It moved around basically daily. I ordered on 7/23 and I’ve had it as early as 8/15-9/4 and it just got pushed back to its latest today of 9/13-9/30. (First time it’s less than a 3 week window). I would just take it with a grain of salt and expect to get it sometime in your original estimate when ordering

Reactions: NB Hip fan
I
I'm staring down week 15 on Tuesday. And my EDD this morning is Oct 22-Nov 11

Reactions: frycar
Yeah...kind of screwed how they are prioritizing the higher trims over the SR+. I'd like to say that I'm going to cancel if I get pushed out anymore (already almost 2 months extra on EDD)...but what other EV are we going to buy? There's nothing that will come any faster. Most cars are even more backlogged. I originally wanted a Mach-E but didn't want to wait 24+ weeks. Looks like that is about to be the case here lol