Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my sweet girl today at Tyson’s sales center. She’s *almost* perfect. Had a small scratch on the rear passenger side panel and a couple of the handles are recessed. But I was super happy with my experience. Met my SA, checked the car over, put in floor mats/screen protector, dropped off signed paperwork and off we went.
Just a word of caution: my husband drove it and now he’s joining the model Y wait club because he’s ordering a Tesla as well. So watch those spouses. They’ll fall head over heels in love with it 😂. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!View attachment 699605View attachment 699606View attachment 699609View attachment 699610
The car looks gorgeous

NJ karma worked! Just got my VIN this morning at 6:30 AM EST, which was right around the time my EDD would typically change as well. 7/7 order for blue/black 18" aero no FSD. I quickly chatted Tesla Support and had them change from cash to financing. Loan terms came back immediately from application for WF 2.49% 72mo. Added the VIN to my insurance and uploaded the proof.

Before VIN, my EDD was 9/3-9/12. My EDD stands at 9/2-9/8 now. Should I be waiting for my SA to reach out to schedule delivery?

NJ karma worked! Just got my VIN this morning at 6:30 AM EST, which was right around the time my EDD would typically change as well. 7/7 order for blue/black 18" aero no FSD. I quickly chatted Tesla Support and had them change from cash to financing. Loan terms came back immediately from application for WF 2.49% 72mo. Added the VIN to my insurance and uploaded the proof.

Before VIN, my EDD was 9/3-9/12. My EDD stands at 9/2-9/8 now. Should I be waiting for my SA to reach out to schedule delivery?
Congrats 🍻… My OD is 7/10… Hope I will get VIN soon

Exactly the same spec for me... and I ordered one day before, and still no VIN lol.

I swear it's random :(

Reactions: TessTessTessie
They only installed the rear license plate and I had to do the front one. But it was just a stick on so wasn’t too bad.

I hated the thought of a stick on tag holder. Many around here, including me, get the Quick Bandit (or similar) tag holder. It clips to the air intake. It is secure and easy to install. The Quick Bandit holds the tag about 3/4-inch away from the front bumper so you can clean behind it.

I thought the Quick Bandit was over-priced, but it works quite well. There are cheaper ones if you shop around.

Reactions: curlette461

Called up the Paramus location and was connected to an advisor (not “my” advisor). Car scheduled to arrive 9/5 and scheduled delivery for 10am on 9/7!

Congrats! Hopefully mine comes soon!
EDIT: I think the delay is with the white interior... keep telling myself it's worth the wait. :)

I lost it because I made an order, put down $100. Then got a car out of existing inventory and thats another $100. The first $100 is free money for Tesla. They don't transfer it over.
Depends on your SA. My SA told me if I find an existing inventory he would do it and he did. Then they credited another $100 back to me because of all the drama about me buying a "used 2018 model 3" and the hassle they put me through. I picked it up yesterday and it is almost perfect.

Bay Area VIN Received!

Have had the EDD mainly stuck in the 09/08-09/28 window for almost two weeks. It then jumped to 09/02-09/22 for a day and then yesterday jumped forward again to 08/22-08/29. This morning, I received the VIN notification via email and am now in the process of locking down my loan and insurance. Hopefully SA will ring me later today to arrange delivery timeframe.

After accepting Vision notice, EDD moved to 08/22-08/25.

Last edited:
Picked up my sweet girl today at Tyson’s sales center. She’s *almost* perfect. Had a small scratch on the rear passenger side panel and a couple of the handles are recessed. But I was super happy with my experience. Met my SA, checked the car over, put in floor mats/screen protector, dropped off signed paperwork and off we went.

1 (off topic) - your hair is perfection! (Another curly girl here!)
2 - CONGRATS! This is almost the same build as mine, and I CANNOT WAIT to bring her home.

• Love
Reactions: curlette461