Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait is over!!!!
It was bit dusty, other than I did not notice any obvious defects. Panel gaps were similar to the car sitting next to mine. So even if it was bad, there was at least a consistency 😅 I did notice small black stripe below drivers door panel which I could not clean (seems like black paint somehow got there ) and definitely would not bother coming back to fix.
For those waiting, it will be definitely worth waiting!
IMG_3807.JPG

Last edited:
Suppose to be picking up at Tysons next weekend. They said they will text me when the car will be available on the actual day of delivery. I live over an hour away from Tysons and can't sit around all day waiting for their text. Please let us know how your delivery appt went - thank you and best of luck!
I feel like I owe you my timeline. And also for those who are obsessive like me and tracking every stage 🙃

8/5 VIN received
8/9 Tesla texted to schedule the delivery and emailed the same within an hour. Picked 8/19 (earliest available). By default it was set to home delivery even though opted for pickup while ordering. I requested to change to pickup
8/10 Tesla responded saying no.
8/15 Tesla texted they changed my delivery to pickup, and emailed the same after few minutes. I responded in both text and email confirming that was ok.
8/18 Tesla robo-called to confirm the delivery. I would have hung-up if i hadn't saved their no earlier . Note to all waiting for delivery: save the random no. that your SA calls from. I am not sure if they will attempt to call again or just delay if you don't respond to that call.
Exactly 24 hour piror to the delivery time, i received an email to inform agreement was ready. I was already on their page waiting for that, so that email wasn't much of use for me. The car was at 15mile reading in the agreement.
Texted me around 8pm that the car was delayed in transit and rescheduled the delivery to Saturday instead. Yes, all happened in a single day, what a day!
8/20 Texted Tesla to confirm if the car is actually ready for delivery as per schedule and they confirmed. I accepted my agreement again. the one I accepted earlier was gone after the delivery was delayed. the reading was again at 15 mile
8/21. They emailed its ready to pickup. The pickup area was all the way back. The mobile app took like 2 minutes (for me, idk if it was standard or weird connectivity issue) to able honk or flash after accepting the car in my account. But actually, I realized afterwards they placed my name tag on the car; so didn't really have to honk like a crazy person in the first place. There was one tesla guy walking back and forth to help people who had questions. At the end, he helped me put on the front plate. Other than I did not speak to anyone, everything else was on my own. Just needed to sign the document and drop it in the lockbox. I checked my car using the checklist . The odometer was at 6 mile.

Last edited:
I just scored an existing inventory car! MSM SR+ in CA! Matches my specs exactly.
You just beat me on that one!

It is my exact spec as well and my EDD is out about a month I am guessing. I am down in OC.

Makes you wonder. What is a car that is less than 48 hrs old doing in Lathrop CA about 1 hour away from the factory? Why wouldn't Tesla have diverted it to one of us as an early delivery? Weird.

Wonder what is done in Lathrop.

Enjoy the car!

Last edited:
Wait is over!!!!
It was bit dusty, other than I did not notice any obvious defects. Panel gaps were similar to the car sitting next to mine. So even if it was bad, there was at least a consistency 😅 I did notice small black stripe below drivers door panel which I could not clean (seems like black paint somehow got there ) and definitely would not bother coming back to fix.
View attachment 700316
Congrats! Your door handles look silver, is it just a reflection?

Reactions: VivekDr
I ordered Aug 15, and I was super surprised to see my EDD range is Oct 6-26. I was fully expecting a January date. I think it really depends on your location, your build, and how quickly you get your pre-delivery tasks done.
I ordered on Aug 13 with the exact same config as yours. It initially said January, November, and now Oct 6-26 as well! Crossing fingers we get our cars in October!

So I chatted with Tesla today regarding scheduling delivery since my SA hasn't reached out to me since receiving the VIN (which was less than 48 hours ago, so I forgive them 😝). Tesla chat was very helpful saying that my car was on the second leg of being transported from Freemont "to the East Coast and then to Baltimore." Will take roughly 1-2 weeks from now, and my SA will reach out hopefully at the first half of next week to schedule delivery. So I will hold off on e-mailing/calling the Baltimore SC before next week haha

Wait is over!!!!
View attachment 700316
Wait are those chrome door handles or are they covered for protection still?