Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I owe you my timeline. And also for those who are obsessive like me and tracking every stage 🙃

8/5 VIN received
8/9 Tesla texted to schedule the delivery and emailed the same within an hour. Picked 8/19 (earliest available). By default it was set to home delivery even though opted for pickup while ordering. I requested to change to pickup
8/10 Tesla responded saying no.
8/15 Tesla texted they changed my delivery to pickup, and emailed the same after few minutes. I responded in both text and email confirming that was ok.
8/18 Tesla robo-called to confirm the delivery. I would have hung-up if i hadn't saved their no earlier . Note to all waiting for delivery: save the random no. that your SA calls from. I am not sure if they will attempt to call again or just delay if you don't respond to that call.
Exactly 24 hour piror to the delivery time, i received an email to inform agreement was ready. I was already on their page waiting for that, so that email wasn't much of use for me. The car was at 15mile reading in the agreement.
Texted me around 8pm that the car was delayed in transit and rescheduled the delivery to Saturday instead. Yes, all happened in a single day, what a day!
8/20 Texted Tesla to confirm if the car is actually ready for delivery as per schedule and they confirmed. I accepted my agreement again. the one I accepted earlier was gone after the delivery was delayed. the reading was again at 15 mile
8/21. They emailed its ready to pickup. The pickup area was all the way back. The mobile app took like 2 minutes (for me, idk if it was standard or weird connectivity issue) to able honk or flash after accepting the car in my account. But actually, I realized afterwards they placed my name tag on the car; so didn't really have to honk like a crazy person in the first place. There was one tesla guy walking back and forth to help people who had questions. At the end, he helped me put on the front plate. Other than I did not speak to anyone, everything else was on my own. Just needed to sign the document and drop it in the lockbox. I checked my car using the checklist . The odometer was at 6 mile.
Congratulations, looks awesome. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I ordered a M3 SR+ in July. My delivery window as of yesterday started 9/5. As of this morning the EDD had changed to December 28th. Has anyone had this happen where 4 months were added to your EDD? The rep at the Tesla store said sales are averaging 75 M3's and 120 MY's daily just for that location and you can't order the MY SR anymore. Tesla is only dealing with the higher margin long range and performance models. When I ordered in July it said 8 to 13 weeks for delivery. If I place an order today for the same car the website says delivery will be in January. I would love just a tiny bit of honesty from someone within this organization. They said no SR Y's so I ordered a SR 3. If I need to order a Long Range to receive a car this year then say that. I think if they get enough orders for the long range and the performance they will continue to move out my delivery date for the SR. Good luck to everyone else and congrats to all the new owners!

Well I come bearing good news! I HAVE A VIN!!!!!!! Hdjakshdksshskaakbwsk!!!! Now, this is not from my original order. I snagged an existing inventory one today and Miami so just need to wait for it to come from Miami to Tampa!!! Yes, it was more than my original order rebut I’m getting it 2 months earlier if my EDD is to be believed. Final config is Red/White, 19” wheels. 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 a HUGE thank you to that discord channel where I was able to snag it!

@Francl27 My SA also got back to me and said "You will receive a text within the next couple of days to a week that will contain Princeton's delivery calendar which you can use to pick the best day and time of their available days and times to go in for delivery. Keep an eye out for that! It currently looks like the car will be arriving at Princeton around the end of the first week of September.

Well I come bearing good news! I HAVE A VIN!!!!!!! Hdjakshdksshskaakbwsk!!!! Now, this is not from my original order. I snagged an existing inventory one today and Miami so just need to wait for it to come from Miami to Tampa!!! Yes, it was more than my original order rebut I’m getting it 2 months earlier if my EDD is to be believed. Final config is Red/White, 19” wheels. 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 a HUGE thank you to that discord channel where I was able to snag it!
AT LEAST YOU GOT WHEELS!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Reactions: NB Hip fan
placed my order recently and wanna look ahead to what's gonna happen next....so in the tesla mobile app, i only have access to the video guides and support. is anything else going to pop in there at all before delivery? or do i just check for all updates on the tesla website?

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, all your post gets me hyped! I haven’t ordered mine yet on the ropes with waiting so long until January. But I’ve noticed today that Tesla website doesn’t give an estimated delivery anymore. All the other models syx do, can anyone confirm this on your end?

Congrats! Did they honor your original price or you have to pay current prices?

@Francl27 My SA also got back to me and said "You will receive a text within the next couple of days to a week that will contain Princeton's delivery calendar which you can use to pick the best day and time of their available days and times to go in for delivery. Keep an eye out for that! It currently looks like the car will be arriving at Princeton around the end of the first week of September.

Super useful thank you!

Reactions: mjh418
OMG I got a VIN! EDD changed to september 3/sept 9 in Princeton. Now to figure out how to set up the delivery..

Also I remember people mentioning a vision agreement or something? I never got that.
Did you ever get the Tesla Vision prompt? Also, did you go through Tesla Financing or another venue? Trying to figure out if people had good experiences with DCU..

Reactions: asquared17
Grrrrrrrrrrrrratttssssss.

Did you ever get the Tesla Vision prompt? Also, did you go through Tesla Financing or another venue? Trying to figure out if people had good experiences with DCU..

I don't remember seeing a prompt. I just went to the page and had to click on something like "proceed with delivery" and that's it. I admit I was pretty excited and didn't read much though.

I went through Tesla financing because it was faster/easier.

Reactions: asquared17
I don't remember seeing a prompt. I just went to the page and had to click on something like "proceed with delivery" and that's it. I admit I was pretty excited and didn't read much though.

I went through Tesla financing because it was faster/easier.
yeah that's what people call the 'vision' prompt because it tells you to accept a car without radar. i also used tesla financing, super easy, and a 2.49% rate over 6 years is good enough for me.