Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up in NJ on 8/31. They said my car is nearby already.
That's awesome! What made you decide to go with the LFP? I ordered 7/11, also picking up from Paramus, and I'm still on the fence.. EDD for original order got pushed back to 9/12-9/26 and I'm concerned it will be on the back end of that range or get pushed even further. Tempting to know I could order and LFP and potentially pick it up within the next week. I've never spoken to an SA so might call Paramus tomorrow and see if they're any help.

OK I called Buena Park dealership and talked to a guy who really seemed to know his stuff, but at the same time there was a lot he told me that didn’t fit well with earlier info. First of all I let him know I was calling about my car which is one of the lfp battery cars — and he corrected me and said these batteries are CATL batteries rather than lfp. I didn’t want to get stuck on this point so I just rolled with it. I told him that these cars were getting delayed, presumably because of the new stickers and a firmware update that were needed, and he corrected me again: the cars are actually delayed because Tesla needs government approval to start using these batteries in the U.S. Tesla is pretty sure approval will be made by the end of the week, but they really don’t know what exact day that will be. The sales guy mentioned that Tesla has a strong idea of which day it will be, but won’t even share that information with the sales representatives.

On an individual note the sales guy said that my car has been completely prepped and is ready to go pending the government approval. Of course if everything he said before this was BS, then my car’s availability could also be BS as well. If it was BS, though, the guy still deserves an Oscar or something, because he pretty much convinced me…

OK I called Buena Park dealership and talked to a guy who really seemed to know his stuff, but at the same time there was a lot he told me that didn’t fit well with earlier info. First of all I let him know I was calling about my car which is one of the lfp battery cars — and he corrected me and said these batteries are CATL batteries rather than lfp. I didn’t want to get stuck on this point so I just rolled with it. I told him that these cars were getting delayed, presumably because of the new stickers and a firmware update that were needed, and he corrected me again: the cars are actually delayed because Tesla needs government approval to start using these batteries in the U.S. Tesla is pretty sure approval will be made by the end of the week, but they really don’t know what exact day that will be. The sales guy mentioned that Tesla has a strong idea of which day it will be, but won’t even share that information with the sales representatives.

On an individual note the sales guy said that my car has been completely prepped and is ready to go pending the government approval. Of course if everything he said before this was BS, then my car’s availability could also be BS as well. If it was BS, though, the guy still deserves an Oscar or something, because he pretty much convinced me…
Lol take his words with a grain of salt. Actually, a large grain of himalayan salt.

They are LFP batteries made by Contemporary Amprex Tech Co Ltd (CATL) in China. It is a little hard to believe that a SA just like anyone else can posess such information that literally no one else knows about. Either he is wayyyyy too dedicated to his work and does research on the side or he is confused.

So far, his words indicates that he does not know what LFP means.

That's awesome! What made you decide to go with the LFP? I ordered 7/11, also picking up from Paramus, and I'm still on the fence.. EDD for original order got pushed back to 9/12-9/26 and I'm concerned it will be on the back end of that range or get pushed even further. Tempting to know I could order and LFP and potentially pick it up within the next week. I've never spoken to an SA so might call Paramus tomorrow and see if they're any help.
I know, it's a tough choice. Keep us updated on what you decide! Who knows, you may get VIN at some point next week..

What number did you call? I’m picking up from Buena Park as well and can’t get through to anyone.
I ordered after the email as well on 8/26. Got a VIN immediately, still no delivery date

Yeah that’s the one I’ve been calling but i guess i gotta keep trying. But not sure if I’ll even get any new info if i do get through
two talking points the guy made also:
1) They don’t have enough space to be keeping a big bunch of new cars stuck on their lot, so they are very motivated to process these cars
2) He was a bit miffed that he was hearing rumors that they weren’t delivering cars because of being unable to print new window stickers

My original order was on 7/9. I could see my September EDD delayed further and the cons of LFP for me did not outweigh the benefits of immediate delivery.

two talking points the guy made also:
1) They don’t have enough space to be keeping a big bunch of new cars stuck on their lot, so they are very motivated to process these cars
2) He was a bit miffed that he was hearing rumors that they weren’t delivering cars because of being unable to print new window stickers
Just got through. The only information I really got was that those cars aren’t quite ready yet and should be shipped out by the end of September. Seems like everyone is getting different info, just need to be patient…

• Informative
Reactions: asquared17
Looks like there’s no more existing inventory in my radius. Also tried in Sacramento and nothing either. I’m sure more will pop up shortly, but it seems they’re being bought up quick!

Bored and it keeps me entertained to go look at what’s there
There's a bug in the search. Sometimes you have to change the options (like checking and unchecking standard range, or switching to model s and back to 3) and they all magically come back.