Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can verify for sure by looking at the weight limit on your car. the heavier car is the LFP.
Yup, still frustrates me that they don't include it on the specs as it is important to know for the charging habits. I hope that is the only complaint I have when I get the car. Also, if it is NCA, it would be weird since this car was sitting in the inventory with the only difference in wheels. They could have just swapped the wheels and matched it to my order without my input. Instead they expected me to keep an eye on inventory and put in a new order and cancel the previous one. So, by that logic it should be LFP and I hope it is but yesterday's conversation with Tesla had me believe otherwise. Damn, every step buying this car is anxiety inducing.

Last edited:
The wait and the changing EDD's do make it hard to plan. I ordered Sept 8th, expecting a Jan delivery. It has bounced around a bit, earliest was a mid Nov date, currently it is Dec 17-Jan 6. Biggest dilemma is when to sell my current vehicle. Oh well, 1st world problems.

BTW, for those new to BEV's, I've driven a fully electric car as my daily driver since 2014 (a Ford Focus Electric - 76 mile range). A few take-aways:
-Maintenance is pretty much non existent (mine has been in the shop only twice in nearly 8 years)
-Range anxiety is no big deal....you can stretch the range tremendously by just driving a little slower (and remember I only have 76 miles, not 260+)
-Your biggest challenge will be when you wake up and discover you forgot to plug in the night before (hopefully you have enough range left over)
-Electric cars are supper fun! You will never want to drive an ICE car again.

The wait and the changing EDD's do make it hard to plan. I ordered Sept 8th, expecting a Jan delivery. It has bounced around a bit, earliest was a mid Nov date, currently it is Dec 17-Jan 6. Biggest dilemma is when to sell my current vehicle. Oh well, 1st world problems.

BTW, for those new to BEV's, I've driven a fully electric car as my daily driver since 2014 (a Ford Focus Electric - 76 mile range). A few take-aways:
-Maintenance is pretty much non existent (mine has been in the shop only twice in nearly 8 years)
-Range anxiety is no big deal....you can stretch the range tremendously by just driving a little slower (and remember I only have 76 miles, not 260+)
-Your biggest challenge will be when you wake up and discover you forgot to plug in the night before (hopefully you have enough range left over)

Range anxiety is way overblown. I was driving first gen (pb acid) EV1s back in the day and those things had like 25 mi range on a good day in winter.

Reactions: TexaCali

These are great tips. I am in the same boat with you. I have a Jeep Wrangler Sahara that I'll be selling, but don't want to give it up until the last possible moment and be without a vehicle (my wife has a prius, but I don't fit, being 6'6"). Will be so happy when my $60 per tank fill up goes to $0.

Range anxiety is way overblown. I was driving first gen (pb acid) EV1s back in the day and those things had like 25 mi range on a good day in winter.
I was almost in that camp! Bought an old 914 back in '04 and was planning to convert it to a Pb Acid BEV, but it was too clean and I couldn't bring myself to cut it up, so I sold it and bought the FFE in 2014 instead. I remember seeing a homebuilt BEV at an autocross in the late 90's and have wanted one every since.

I was almost in that camp! Bought an old 914 back in '04 and was planning to convert it to a Pb Acid BEV, but it was too clean and I couldn't bring myself to cut it up, so I sold it and bought the FFE in 2014 instead. I remember seeing a homebuilt BEV at an autocross in the late 90's and have wanted one every since.
We built a pb acid BEV dodge neon in the late 90s at college. It was hilarious to drive around when we could keep in running.

What an awesome day! Took delivery and the car is so amazing (still gotta figure out the regen braking timing though … started off in Creep mode on the way home 😅)

I briefly went through my check list (honestly with the adrenaline during pick up my eyes totally glazed over it).

no major issues at first glance but still ended up submitting a few items for them to look at

1. The left side of the bumper appears to be sticking out a tad (super minimal) but the SA said to just submit a service request to see what they say)

2. back taillight doesn’t seem as flushed

Not a great model shot of Luna but here she 🥳

thank you tes-fam for all your support bc no one would understand the emotional rollercoaster we have to go through.

@asquared17 glad you were my EDD twin! Glad we finally got our cars!!

Totally worth the wait!!

Attachments

• B5059FB2-330B-4440-BBB3-A99BE2C806B3.jpeg
    B5059FB2-330B-4440-BBB3-A99BE2C806B3.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 1AC8B3EC-9169-42B1-9C76-1C029FC72ABD.jpeg
    1AC8B3EC-9169-42B1-9C76-1C029FC72ABD.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 68
  • BD293679-D07D-46D1-800A-FACF1E443C05.jpeg
    BD293679-D07D-46D1-800A-FACF1E443C05.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 72
What an awesome day! Took delivery and the car is so amazing (still gotta figure out the regen braking timing though … started off in Creep mode on the way home 😅)

I briefly went through my check list (honestly with the adrenaline during pick up my eyes totally glazed over it).

no major issues at first glance but still ended up submitting a few items for them to look at

1. The left side of the bumper appears to be sticking out a tad (super minimal) but the SA said to just submit a service request to see what they say)

2. back taillight doesn’t seem as flushed

Not a great model shot of Luna but here she 🥳

thank you tes-fam for all your support bc no one would understand the emotional rollercoaster we have to go through.

@asquared17 glad you were my EDD twin! Glad we finally got our cars!!

Totally worth the wait!!
24hrs? I better get a move on it... the guy at Paramus said I had a 100 miles to file my grievances. All the issues on my 3 are on the passenger side. I have that tail light not flush issue also. My rear bumper can be dislodge by hand which obviously is not right. Congrats

24hrs? I better get a move on it... the guy at Paramus said I had a 100 miles to file my grievances. All the issues on my 3 are on the passenger side. I have that tail light not flush issue also. My rear bumper can be dislodge by hand which obviously is not right. Congrats
Yeah totally odd… not sure why your SA told you 100 miles while mine told me 24 hrs. 🤔

congrats to you too!!!