Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What an awesome day! Took delivery and the car is so amazing (still gotta figure out the regen braking timing though … started off in Creep mode on the way home 😅)

I briefly went through my check list (honestly with the adrenaline during pick up my eyes totally glazed over it).

no major issues at first glance but still ended up submitting a few items for them to look at

1. The left side of the bumper appears to be sticking out a tad (super minimal) but the SA said to just submit a service request to see what they say)

2. back taillight doesn’t seem as flushed

Not a great model shot of Luna but here she 🥳

thank you tes-fam for all your support bc no one would understand the emotional rollercoaster we have to go through.

@asquared17 glad you were my EDD twin! Glad we finally got our cars!!

Totally worth the wait!!
AW YIS YOU GOT HER!!!!!!! LUNA IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

i think i am still in creep mode tbh. i gotta look at that.

also i was legit the same for the checklist 😂 it’s good that you caught what you did. i still think there is opportunity for me but i didn’t see anything else glaring so i let it go — like you, the adrenaline was too much and i wanted to just DRIVE. 🚀

happy to have been on the journey together!!! EDD twins 😂indeed haha

What an awesome day! Took delivery and the car is so amazing (still gotta figure out the regen braking timing though … started off in Creep mode on the way home 😅)

I briefly went through my check list (honestly with the adrenaline during pick up my eyes totally glazed over it).

no major issues at first glance but still ended up submitting a few items for them to look at

1. The left side of the bumper appears to be sticking out a tad (super minimal) but the SA said to just submit a service request to see what they say)

2. back taillight doesn’t seem as flushed

Not a great model shot of Luna but here she 🥳

thank you tes-fam for all your support bc no one would understand the emotional rollercoaster we have to go through.

@asquared17 glad you were my EDD twin! Glad we finally got our cars!!

Totally worth the wait!!
Congrats!!!! She’s gorgeous😁

• Love
Reactions: KirtBall
Finally arrived.
BF6F4553-17A6-4D81-AE33-F332D9354C2D.jpeg
C67E795F-6C85-4A6D-984C-F5F089F14B51.jpeg

*Original ordered: 7/16
*Changed my mind a half a dozen times on exterior color, interior and model. Settled on the red m3 S+ w/ standard black interior and wheels & got the changes complete ~8/2
*Delivered to my home in West LA earlier today a few hours before the 4 hour window they sent me the day before

Overall, the experience in ordering this thing was more stressful than expected. I didn't know about this forum until a few days ago. So, if I did have a chance to read what many generous people have graciously shared, the anxiety may have been lower.

Here are a few things for future 1st time owners beyond everything that's been said already (and maybe some redundancy):

*Depending on your location, it may be very hard to get a hold of anyone on the phone to really get a true idea of the delivery date. I don't think we have much ability except in specific locations to affect delivery and frankly, the only thing that will help expedite it is the end of the quarter rush. I had 5 updates to the EDD in the few weeks leading up to today (the first one coming in early Sept for a 2 week window towards the end of the quarter: Sept 15-29; the window got smaller 14 days -> 10 days -> 8 days -> 5 days -> 2 days)
*There will be a flurry of texts & emails leading up to the delivery in the few days after you get the VIN; most of it's straightforward
*As long as you bank with an institution within the plaid system (all major banks for the most part), you can get the remaining amount over to them to obtain delivery with very little trouble or delays

Hiccups I encountered:
*The mobile connector that came with the car failed to work. So, I had to drive to the nearest delivery center, wait for 20 minutes for them to prove I wasn't crazy and swap it out for a new one that fortunately didn't fail me the second time around
*Pairing my iPhone for music was a little bit of a pain, but eventually, I ended up deleting it out of the options on my iPhone and for some reason, it worked after that.
*I didn't get the 1000 free miles when ordering the vehicle. So, I'll have to find some way of getting them hopefully added later on.

Good surprises:
*They delivered the vehicle earlier than expected -- almost 4 hours early; I didn't expect this so I may have ignored some calls while working -- assuming it was spam.
*They parked the vehicle on a side road away from the meters. Our of curiosity, I checked the Location feature in the app to see where the delivery was around 4 hours before the window (4p-8p) and noticed the car was very close. I was surprised because all I expected were delays . I rushed outside to find it because I was worried they might park it on the main road (of my address) where there are meters. I was nicely surprised that they at least made sure I wouldn't walk up to it with a ticket.
*The car was charged about 75%; Carmax delivered a vehicle with 40 miles on it in contrast

And obviously, one of the nicer surprises is all the great support of the community here. Thus, my desire to return at least a little by documenting as much as I could remember when it finally arrived.

Hope everyone else is getting their vehicles this week!

For those of you who managed to grab a SR+ from existing inventory, how was the process? Were you able to get your existing order refunded? Also, if you were financing, did you need approval from your bank ready?
I think if you are a matter of weeks away and have financing in place, you would be better off keeping your existing order, but that is just my opinion.

I am using tesla financing and was approved by US Bank.

To all of my recent SR+ takers: how many times have you restarted your car since you took delivery?😂I just had my 3rd restart for a connectivity issue and I’m wondering if this is normal
I haven’t had any issues with connectivity. But, only 3 of my windows go down when I hit the vent button. I scheduled service to look at that next week.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMa0830
Original order date 07/10🙄 quoted 8-11 weeks. Officially in week 12.... so i called and got the run around. They said for sure I’ll get it before October 20th. I mean that’ll be 15 weeks so i hope so. I didn’t splurge like most, maybe that’s why I’m waiting longer. SR + in charcoal. Might be the charcoal too, 🤷🏻‍♀️ idk . I had the charger installed In my garage three weeks ago, the only reason I’m not cancelling.
Thanks for the extra details. The only things I could think of are the color (as you mentioned) and possibly location. I would try and find other Vegas orders here for comparison, but you’ve probably already done that.

sorry to hear, but best of luck with the remaining time.

I hear ya on reasons why not to cancel. I justified with an even smaller piece, but there are many other reasons why we go through this rigmarole of a process.

I was wondering if the end of the “end of quarter” rush would bring any EDD updates… and… voila! My first EDD update in over a month and it’s tighter and sooner! EDD now at Oct 13 - 27 🤞🤞
p.s. Checked source code - still no VIN
Mine too! Was Dec 17 - Jan 6, now Nov 13 - Dec 3. But it was briefly here before, so who knows.....