Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So frustrating. Ordered early September, had an EDD of February for about 7 days, it got pushed back to March for about 3 days - then disappeared. I understand that customers in my area (Maine) are probably a last priority and their is a global chip shortage, but has anybody else seen their EDD removed for over two weeks?

update original order date 07/10, new EDD window updated this morning October 08- November 05. Yesterday it was October 6- October 20th. Going on 14 weeks. 😭
What was the time estimate when you first order on 7/10?

I ordered on 7/22 - and if memory is correct - the estimate date was 7 - 11 weeks. I picked up my SR+ the last week of September. So it was right in the middle of the 7 - 11 week estimate, week 9.

So I placed my order three days ago and, while building my M3, I was given an EDD of April 2022. I placed the order no problem, everything went through, and the EDD was still April 2022. Then a day later, I was given an EDD of October 29 - November 28 2021, and I was pretty confused/excited. An SA at a local Tesla dealer said he was pretty shocked, while another SA over the phone told me to still plan for April but "cross your fingers for it to come sooner".

From reading a bit on this forum, the EDD moving all over the place seems to be commonplace, but just wanted to put my situation out there and see what people thought! The jump from April to October/November is pretty big!

So I placed my order three days ago and, while building my M3, I was given an EDD of April 2022. I placed the order no problem, everything went through, and the EDD was still April 2022. Then a day later, I was given an EDD of October 29 - November 28 2021, and I was pretty confused/excited. An SA at a local Tesla dealer said he was pretty shocked, while another SA over the phone told me to still plan for April but "cross your fingers for it to come sooner".

From reading a bit on this forum, the EDD moving all over the place seems to be commonplace, but just wanted to put my situation out there and see what people thought! The jump from April to October/November is pretty big!
That's pretty incredible! Congrats!
From everything I've been hearing, if you get the EDD a month or so out- it seems pretty accurate.

You will see after few days it will not have any EDD anymore. I ordered mine 27th. Afyer few days same EDD as you abd then 3 days afyer that no EDD anymore.

So frustrating. Ordered early September, had an EDD of February for about 7 days, it got pushed back to March for about 3 days - then disappeared. I understand that customers in my area (Maine) are probably a last priority and their is a global chip shortage, but has anybody else seen their EDD removed for over two weeks?
Yes, I'm in the same position. Ordered mine in early September too in Toronto and had a late Oct-Early Nov delivery date for the first week. I also stopped in to talk with my SA about documents and he confirmed a November delivery. About a week later the EDD was missing and it's been gone ever since, so coming up on three weeks now.

I spent way too much time reading this thread as I was awaiting my white/blk/19" and learned so much from all the posts. I wanted to update with a timeline for delivery of my car to hopefully help others/ease some anxiety but I feel that I might have been an anomaly.

Ordered 9/14 with TA at Dublin and at time of ordering website was showing estimated delivery in February. Got "welcome to the tesla family" email and personalized email with key contacts on 9/15 and then noticed under my account that there was an EDD of September 22-30. The EDD changed on 9/22 to September 24-30 and kept changing as the earlier date passed. On 9/29 I received a few texts, the email asking for final payment and that the agreements are ready with a home delivery time of September 30 9-6pm (I had selected to pick up at Fremont). Unfortunately 9/30 came and went and no car. Received text on 10/1 that they were unable to deliver car and rescheduled to 10/4. I noticed on 10/3 that my account now has delivery time of October 5 2am. No car on 10/4 and nothing at 10/5 2am (from my research I knew it was just a placeholder time). This morning my EDD changed to October 5-9 so I start calling Tesla asking about it and at 3PM they told me a driver was assigned and it should be dropped off by end of day 6pm. Text came from driver at 5:26PM that car was dropped off in driveway! It actually came!!

Fell in love when I first test drove it and so happy I have one now!

tl;dr Ordered 9/14, home delivered 10/5. East Bay, CA.

Looks like the price increased.

1633497127017.png

Reactions: zzlark