Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, got the VIN today. I did not pick from existing inventory, I'm not sure how I got so lucky to get a VIN in 5 weeks.
I think it was a matter of being in the right place, ordering the right combination of colors/wheels, and completing everything possible on your order right away. The last one is all we can control....guessing which color/wheel combo will be available quickest in your area is a crap shoot.

FWIW, I ordered Sept 8th and completed everything right away (set payment to cash, uploaded insurance, etc). My EDD bounced around a bit at first- as early as mid Nov and as late as mid Jan, but has been Dec 17-31 for a few weeks now. Base car with no options, and I'm 15min from the Freemont factory.

Reactions: Paul4343
Welp, after 2+ months of watching this thread closely I've finally decided to pull the trigger and actually speak up on how I've been doing on my wait!

For some background:
Ordered 8/01
White/White/Aero no FSD

sad to say, but I think everything I've learned from this thread that I should fear, I've nearly completely checked off during my wait time. My EDD has bounced around sporadically since my order - initially during the beginning I got Sept 18-30 for a couple days but afterwards it moved to Nov. dates.

I did get an email regarding the new battery and ordering from inventory, which I ended up deciding on pursuing HOWEVER my SA told me not to get it myself and to let them know when I find one in inventory so that they could apply it to my account themselves without me having to pay any order fee. Luck wasn't on my side for this because every time I found one, it would be at night when no one was available for me to speak to. I debated for a while on just paying the order fee and dealing with it myself, but I slowly got over it and decided to stick it out and wait for my original order.

Towards the end of Sept, my EDD stuck around Oct 2-22 for a longgggg time, until about 10/4. Afterwards, it had around a 7-10 day window but would get pushed by 2-3 days every time I entered the first day of my EDD window. It happened 6 times and has been really discouraging tbh. My last window was Oct 23-Nov 16, but as of 3 days ago it's been stuck on "June" :(( So now, here I am sharing everything so far!

Honestly though, considering how many other people are waiting on delivery in OC that have also recently gotten a "June" date, I feel slightly relieved. Maybe it really is due to the location change and things will look up for us soon. But overall, for all those that have also gotten assigned a June delivery for OC, I am here to add myself to our little waiting group LOL

Thanks to everyone so far for their insight and for giving me something to check on during my wait!

Ordered sr+ black with black interior, 19 inch wheels on sep 15:
Edd was Dec 3 to Dec 31
Edd moved to November 19 to December 16
Edd today moved to November 9 to November 18

Getting excited!
Ordered around the same time on Sep 13. SR+ Black with white interior. 19 inch.

Hopefully the car is same batch and that the window gets smaller like yours. Crossing fingers.

Current EDD: Nov 10 - Dec 8
Previous EDD (in this order): Nov 2 - Nov 22, Jan 3 - Jan 31, Dec 2 - Dec 31, Dec 1 - Dec 29

Reactions: Futureowner3
Welp, after 2+ months of watching this thread closely I've finally decided to pull the trigger and actually speak up on how I've been doing on my wait!

For some background:
Ordered 8/01
White/White/Aero no FSD

sad to say, but I think everything I've learned from this thread that I should fear, I've nearly completely checked off during my wait time. My EDD has bounced around sporadically since my order - initially during the beginning I got Sept 18-30 for a couple days but afterwards it moved to Nov. dates.

I did get an email regarding the new battery and ordering from inventory, which I ended up deciding on pursuing HOWEVER my SA told me not to get it myself and to let them know when I find one in inventory so that they could apply it to my account themselves without me having to pay any order fee. Luck wasn't on my side for this because every time I found one, it would be at night when no one was available for me to speak to. I debated for a while on just paying the order fee and dealing with it myself, but I slowly got over it and decided to stick it out and wait for my original order.

Towards the end of Sept, my EDD stuck around Oct 2-22 for a longgggg time, until about 10/4. Afterwards, it had around a 7-10 day window but would get pushed by 2-3 days every time I entered the first day of my EDD window. It happened 6 times and has been really discouraging tbh. My last window was Oct 23-Nov 16, but as of 3 days ago it's been stuck on "June" :(( So now, here I am sharing everything so far!

Honestly though, considering how many other people are waiting on delivery in OC that have also recently gotten a "June" date, I feel slightly relieved. Maybe it really is due to the location change and things will look up for us soon. But overall, for all those that have also gotten assigned a June delivery for OC, I am here to add myself to our little waiting group LOL

Thanks to everyone so far for their insight and for giving me something to check on during my wait!
Sounds like we ordered at the same time. My SA convinced me that the new battery wasn’t worth getting and I should stick to my original order, because “it wasn’t going to take much longer.”

If you try to order the same configuration right now, does it say June? If I try to order mine it says September, which is the current EDD in my account.

So confusing.
Order date 8/18
Original EDD Jan 2022
On 9/8 EDD Oct 16-Nov 12
On 9/20 EDD Dec 06-Jan 07
M3SR+ Blue with White interior and 18” aero auto pilot
Long Beach, CA

EDD hasn’t changed since. I am fine with current Timeframe, but would not be upset if it moves to sooner.
Now EDD is Jan28-Feb25.

My question is - does it matter if I chose the "cash" option now will that effect my EDD (to sooner)? My plan is to lease the car, but also didn't want a hard credit pull until closer to delivery as most people suggest. Does anyone know if changing this option changes my spot in the line?
Really need the car by the end of the year.

Thanks

Does anyone know if changing this option changes my spot in the line?
Really need the car by the end of the year.
It should not.

If you NEED a car by year end... find one in the inventory (about dozen appear during a 24 hour period and are gone within a minute or two so don't "think" about it). I'm about to release a VIN for a SR+ in FL (found in the inventory) because I bought a MYLR.

And

I would like to share my timeline and I hope it can help out

7/6: order M3 SR+ White/White 18" wheel no FSD

#1 EDD 7/31-8/20
#2 EDD 8/10-8/30
#3 EDD 9/10-9/30
#4 EDD 9/20-9/30
#5 EDD 10/6-10-26

10/1: Got an email from Tesla to sign the document for the charge up program
10/11: Receive VIN number via text, MVPA appears in the account showing $5000 rebate
10/12: Apply DCU loan
10/13: Loan Approved @ 1.24%
10/15: Received Check from DCU
10/16: Schedule Delivery
10/25: Pick up from Springfield

I chose cash payment in the begining and applied auto loan through DCU at 1.24% after I received the Vin. (Too bad Tesla ended the rate match program on 10/8...) Loan was appoved the 2nd day after I called DCU to check my loan status and received the check overnight. Just a friendly reminder, please make sure you have provided in the self-arranged financier info to Tesla, otherwise the outstanding balance showing in the MVPA would be different if you pay by cash vs financing ($25 difference due to Title Fee)

Regarding the delivery location, I chose Paramus at first. Then after Hurricane Ida I got switched to Springfield on 9/3, and then switched back to Paramus on 9/5. However the delivery location got switched to Lawrence after I received the VIN. I have no idea how that happen and I do not want to drive 2 hours to pick up. I have to call 1800 number to help me change back to Springfield. It took them 2 days to change the delivery location.

My wife and I decided to get a Tesla early this year but would want to wait for the Charge up program to take advantage of the rebate. I put in the order the first day when the Charge up program was announced. I still remember when I put in the order Paramus wasn't showed as an eligible dealership to receive the rebate, only Lawrence and Springfield are eligible. My order agreement did not show the $5000. I was very frustrated in the last 3 months when I see other people order in late July/August taking delivery and it got even worse when I heard about the charge up program was run out of mony on 9/15. I feel like I have been left out even though I put in the order on the first day of the Charge up program.

I emailed SA and only got a phone call 3 days afterwards and he didn't help much or provide any insights. On the other hand, I called 1800 number several times and they are more helpful in changing the payments and delivery location. They are also well notifieid regarding the status of the charge up program.

I don't know whether it's true but I read a lot of posts saying the white interior, the wheels and the battery all have a shortage issue so probably my EDD keeps pushing back.

A lot of dramas in this journey (multiple EDD change, delivery location change, parts shortage, Tesla discontinued the rate match program and referral program etc etc ) I am glad this is coming to an end. I know the EDD for SR+ is 6-7 months from now but don't lose your hope, you can always check the existing inventory and something may come up. Stay positive and one day it will be your turn!!

Reactions: usmc70
I would like to share my timeline and I hope it can help out

7/6: order M3 SR+ White/White 18" wheel no FSD

#1 EDD 7/31-8/20
#2 EDD 8/10-8/30
#3 EDD 9/10-9/30
#4 EDD 9/20-9/30
#5 EDD 10/6-10-26

10/1: Got an email from Tesla to sign the document for the charge up program
10/11: Receive VIN number via text, MVPA appears in the account showing $5000 rebate
10/12: Apply DCU loan
10/13: Loan Approved @ 1.24%
10/15: Received Check from DCU
10/16: Schedule Delivery
10/25: Pick up from Springfield

I chose cash payment in the begining and applied auto loan through DCU at 1.24% after I received the Vin. (Too bad Tesla ended the rate match program on 10/8...) Loan was appoved the 2nd day after I called DCU to check my loan status and received the check overnight. Just a friendly reminder, please make sure you have provided in the self-arranged financier info to Tesla, otherwise the outstanding balance showing in the MVPA would be different if you pay by cash vs financing ($25 difference due to Title Fee)

Regarding the delivery location, I chose Paramus at first. Then after Hurricane Ida I got switched to Springfield on 9/3, and then switched back to Paramus on 9/5. However the delivery location got switched to Lawrence after I received the VIN. I have no idea how that happen and I do not want to drive 2 hours to pick up. I have to call 1800 number to help me change back to Springfield. It took them 2 days to change the delivery location.

My wife and I decided to get a Tesla early this year but would want to wait for the Charge up program to take advantage of the rebate. I put in the order the first day when the Charge up program was announced. I still remember when I put in the order Paramus wasn't showed as an eligible dealership to receive the rebate, only Lawrence and Springfield are eligible. My order agreement did not show the $5000. I was very frustrated in the last 3 months when I see other people order in late July/August taking delivery and it got even worse when I heard about the charge up program was run out of mony on 9/15. I feel like I have been left out even though I put in the order on the first day of the Charge up program.

I emailed SA and only got a phone call 3 days afterwards and he didn't help much or provide any insights. On the other hand, I called 1800 number several times and they are more helpful in changing the payments and delivery location. They are also well notifieid regarding the status of the charge up program.

I don't know whether it's true but I read a lot of posts saying the white interior, the wheels and the battery all have a shortage issue so probably my EDD keeps pushing back.

A lot of dramas in this journey (multiple EDD change, delivery location change, parts shortage, Tesla discontinued the rate match program and referral program etc etc ) I am glad this is coming to an end. I know the EDD for SR+ is 6-7 months from now but don't lose your hope, you can always check the existing inventory and something may come up. Stay positive and one day it will be your turn!!
hi..thanks for detailed info. i will receiving my DCU check by EOD today. I want to change to financing, what is the 1800 #?

hi..thanks for detailed info. i will receiving my DCU check by EOD today. I want to change to financing, what is the 1800 #?
1-888-518-3752

As far as I remember, press #1 for vehicle, and then #2 for new car delivery and then it will ask for your zip code. Then they will connect you someone in the region. I have talked to people from NJ or even NY but they can help you to change to financing.