Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing the EDD narrowed and receiving the trade-in text today I decided to stop by my local showroom after work and talk with an advisor (not mine, just a random one) about the order. He was helpful and passed along the following info, might be useful for others in Toronto/Ontario who are waiting:

1) My car is scheduled to be built on Jan 28th so it hasn't been assigned a VIN, that'll come at the end of the month
2) It will take at least a week to arrive in Toronto, he said plan for the delivery to be closer to Feb 9th than Feb 1st. This will be the first shipment of Model 3s (SR+) into Toronto in a while.
3) He said these Model 3s are all being built with the Ryzen chip and that mine will have it. (I asked if he was sure since it seemed many online were getting it randomly and he said yes).
4) Model 3s delivered to Toronto (and I assume all of Canada) have mud flaps installed at the local service center before delivery. He mentioned sometimes they run out of stock but since the early-Feb cars are the first deliveries there should be more than enough.
5) Confirmed all the new updates like heated seats/wheel, LFP battery and that my original Sept. order price + $5000 EV rebate are still valid. No reason to think they wouldn't be honoured but nice to know for sure.
6) Forgot to ask if there's any carpet mats, I've heard conflicting info of them sometimes coming with the base Model 3s.

So looks like about 3-4 weeks until delivery! After 5 months of waiting it feels a little surreal.
Tesla mudflaps are the 1st thing I will remove and install evmudflaps north edition.

Got an email asking for payment. EDD window is now 5 days.
Great! With respect to payment, are they asking how you will pay for the car, or they asking you to pay in advance? I thought that if you were self-financing, you could show up with the certified cheque or you could wire the funds.
Got an email asking for payment. EDD window is now 5 days.

Great! With respect to payment, are they asking how you will pay for the car, or they asking you to pay in advance? I thought that if you were self-financing, you could show up with the certified cheque or you could wire the funds.
Quoted from the email.

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified check or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC.”

I plan to pay with a bank draft.

Quoted from the email.

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified check or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC.”

I plan to pay with a bank draft.
Thanks- so you submit at the time of picking up the car? Why are they sending you a message a week before pick up to submit your payment for delivery?

Model: M3 SR+, MSM/Black/Aero
Pre-order page said March 2022 delivery. Placed order on 9/20 and got:

EDD as of 9/20: 11/8-12/8
EDD as of 10/20: 12/12-12/31
EDD as of 10/29: 1/30-2/27
EDD as of 10/30: 2/19-3/19
EDD as of 11/1: 12/18-12/31
EDD as of 11/4: 2/13-3/13
EDD as of 11/7: 12/14-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/26-12/24
EDD as of 11/23: 11/30-12/14
EDD as of 11/28: 11/30-12/27
On hold on 12/2 till 1/1
Hold released by Tesla on 12/28: No EDD
EDD as of 1/3: 1/22-2/19
EDD as of 1/6: 1/11-1/25
EDD as of 1/12: 1/14-1/27
EDD as of 1/15: 1/20-2/17

VIN: N/A

I don't mind getting pushed back. Hopefully it increases my chances of getting the Ryzen CPU

Reactions: PasadenaM3