Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator note)

There is an attempt by @MR F to help find out when and if model 3 owners start to take delivery of model 3s with the ryzen chipset. That thread is here:

If you take delivery of a model 3 with the ryzen chipset, please post in that thread.

Please note. That thread is NOT a discussion thread on ryzen chipset, why someone should or shouldnt wait, or "My SA said I my vin I pick up in Feb will have it". It is ONLY for "I took (past tense) delivery of my model 3 SR+ / LR / P with ryzen chipset On X date.

If you took (past tense) delivery of a model 3 with ryzen chipset, please consider letting others know the date, and configuration of your car in the above thread per the request from @MR F in the first thread.

Thanks

Just checked the Tesla app and saw my EDD replaced with the "Tesla is making changes that impact your order" message. Logged into my account and was presented with the Vision agreement. I could actually open up the MVPA document and it had my VIN listed there. Ends in 158XXX . Will be confirming with my SA about those burning questions we all have. Will let you guys know what I find out.
A Reddit post from someone in Vancouver said their SA confirmed their SR+ had Ryzen and his VIN ended with 157XXX...so my hopes are up but no one really knows until it's actually delivered and I'm looking at the screen!

I've got a Feb EDD. I'm not sure I want the AMD chip. My screen in my 2020 MY works well with the old chip, so I'm not sure the range loss is worth it. Not just range loss, but more energy "idling" and preconditioning. For those of us who don't play video games in the car, the AMD value proposition doesn't seem compelling.

• Helpful
Reactions: MR F
I've got a Feb EDD. I'm not sure I want the AMD chip. My screen in my 2020 MY works well with the old chip, so I'm not sure the range loss is worth it. Not just range loss, but more energy "idling" and preconditioning. For those of us who don't play video games in the car, the AMD value proposition doesn't seem compelling.
Just my 2 cents, I would think AMD chip performance increase would contribute in Autopilot safety, thus it’s worth it.