Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine end of August, 2021. My initial dates were actually in November, after which it quickly changed to December.

Then it changed to Jan, then feb-feb28, then to April, then to May 11-June 4, then just June, then March to March 30, and then most recently, about 2 months ago it changed to April 10 to May 6. It hasnt changed since. Honestly im not holding my breath, but the constant changes have been quite amusing throught the past few months.
wow a years worth of wait , well nearly. Wishing you the best for a hasty delivery

Ordered mine end of August, 2021. My initial dates were actually in November, after which it quickly changed to December.

Then it changed to Jan, then feb-feb28, then to April, then to May 11-June 4, then just June, then March to March 30, and then most recently, about 2 months ago it changed to April 10 to May 6. It hasnt changed since. Honestly im not holding my breath, but the constant changes have been quite amusing throught the past few months.
I and a few others have August 2021 OD’s. I’ve seen the same exact jumps you have, only I and most others were pushed back to May-June after the March 30-31 EDD. What build do you have?

Well I just got the text/call about finalizing my trade in. I told her I did not have a trade in and she asked if we were planning on keeping our old car or if we would like an estimate. I almost thought it was a scam. But she called from a number I had spoken to Tesla before on. She told me everything looks good and I will hear from them when I get a car and VIN assigned. I asked if I should start the loan paperwork but she suggested waiting until I get the VIN. Fingers crossed I'm actually going to get a vehicle soon!
Want to share my experience with you. I also had a 10 day range EDD for March 21 - 31 and got a text about a trade in value. I replied no trade in. They said sure no problem. A week later my EDD changed to Apr 20 - May 18 and still showing the same. Until the VIN is assigned anything could happen.
Hoping you get the VIN soon.

I and a few others have August 2021 OD’s. I’ve seen the same exact jumps you have, only I and most others were pushed back to May-June after the March 30-31 EDD. What build do you have?
I have the RWD Model 3, white with white interior. 18 inch wheels. A know a couple people who ordered before me. The person who ordered about a month before me got his 2 weeks ago. He said they just messaged him and set up delivery. Got his vin the same day. Although the other guys dates is now july-august. I believe he stalled on something in his docs part though.

So im not sure but im staying positive. My window is still 1 month, but ive heard people say that when it gets within days of the earlier date and it hasnt changed, youre getting closer. So lets just see how it plays out.

Want to share my experience with you. I also had a 10 day range EDD for March 21 - 31 and got a text about a trade in value. I replied no trade in. They said sure no problem. A week later my EDD changed to Apr 20 - May 18 and still showing the same. Until the VIN is assigned anything could happen.
I had 2 people I know tell me that they didnt get their vin until literally the day they got messaged to set up a delivery.

Hi!! I ordered a Model 3 SR white/black interior, sport wheels, no FSD on 3/18/2022 with an EDD of 7/18-9/12/2022. I see people who get updated EDD's frequently, mine hasn't changed since I ordered (I also know it hasn't been that long since I placed the order). My profile is complete as of this week and now just says I will be contacted with further instruction. My question is does Tesla have a specific day of the week that they usually update EDDs or is it just totally random? Thanks all! I'm new to the EV world so any information is appreciated.

Sounds like me almost the exact dates....sigh....excitement is waning

Reactions: Rezan8
I was looking back at posts last night and saw you had posted that way back. Sigh. I was hoping since maybe this time I got a phone call and a text (whereas 2/3 it was text only and I didn't respond) I might actually be in the running to actually get a real car.

Totally random...any day of the week or month and no set time of day either.
Don't hold your breath on those dates...
Thanks! I've learned about no breath holding. I had ordered a Ford Bronco previous to gas prices going insane and with the uncertainty of the future decided to go with an EV. I don't think there's been a more frustrating roll out than that of the Bronco, total nightmare. People who reserved in 2020 and ordered 1/2021 are still waiting with no VIN or delivery date. Ford doesn't give you any information after you order, it's just crickets until you get a VIN and "build date" which is usually about 2-3 months out.

wow a years worth of wait , well nearly. Wishing you the best for a hasty delivery
Nevermimd. Just checked today and it changed from april-may to may-june now🦧
Nevermimd. Just checked today and it went from April-May to May-June. 🦧

Im uninstalling this app and not focusing on this so much anymore, lol. Just wait till they call, message or email at this point. Spare myself the suspense.

Hi everyone,

I placed an order for a M3 STR+ on August 23rd, 2021 with a scheduled delivery of January. 7 months later and yet another EDD push (now July-August) I don’t know whether I should forget about the Tesla and go gas or continue waiting

Does anyone know if there’s a way to push forward the delivery date or if a Tesla rep could help me?

Im uninstalling this app and not focusing on this so much anymore, lol. Just wait till they call, message or email at this point. Spare myself the suspense.
Hi everyone,

I placed an order for a M3 STR+ on August 23rd, 2021 with a scheduled delivery of January. 7 months later and yet another EDD push (now July-August) I don’t know whether I should forget about the Tesla and go gas or continue waiting

Does anyone know if there’s a way to push forward the delivery date or if a Tesla rep could help me?
Is your pre-delivery profile complete? Did you put “cash” as your financing option? Did you ever put your car on hold? I read some of your earlier posts — you want to put “cash” as the financing option. You can always change it once you get your VIN. Pre-Delivery tasks need to be completed or you will continue to get jumped in line.

Also, what build do you have?

Last edited:

I would wait until next week. To be honest, you followed the same path as a lot of us only we got the May-June EDD two weeks ago. Wait until next week. Q2 deliveries will start rolling out and one would think we would see some positive movement.

Almost no one has an early April EDD. I know of one person who had a date early April, and they’re most likely getting delivery because they have a 2-week window.

All of us that got pushed from March 30-31 are in the same boat as you. Why did they give us March 30-31 dates? They system had to think there was at least a slight possibility cars would be delivered before then. I’m 7 months in too. We’re close. Every day the passes is another day closer to your car.

Ordered Oct 27th.
EDD was Mar 30 - April 13, a 2 week EDD, was so excited after several pushbacks, Then this morning my EDD updated to April 23 to May 21 (4 weeks)

I sold my car in Feb a few days before my EDD started, now I'm sitting here like a moron waiting for a car that's never coming.

Why are the RWDs not being produced, it doesn't make any sense!?!?!

wow Its really harrowing to see that posters in USA and Canada are waiting for nearly a year for their vehicle, I would have to wait for at least 5 years for one to arrive in New Zealand, it would be quicker for me to swim to China have the car made for me and then catch a slow boat back
I heard if you order either the 3 or y now, you probably wont get it till some time in 2023. Im assuming that's for most EVs regardless of brand though. Tesla especially cause of the demand and the fact that they are the only company I know of that offers not only 96 month payment plan, but also low rates as opposed to others.