Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

According to this Barron's article Tesla is expected to top Q1 delivery estimates again and higher than last quarter. They seem to use the chips that are less in demand. I still feel that I've made the right choice here for an EV purchase versus other EV options.

Well I just got the text/call about finalizing my trade in. I told her I did not have a trade in and she asked if we were planning on keeping our old car or if we would like an estimate. I almost thought it was a scam. But she called from a number I had spoken to Tesla before on. She told me everything looks good and I will hear from them when I get a car and VIN assigned. I asked if I should start the loan paperwork but she suggested waiting until I get the VIN. Fingers crossed I'm actually going to get a vehicle soon!
Curious what your EDD shows currently? You're approaching the 2 week window so maybe, just maybe you're about to emerge from the tunnel into the light?

Is your pre-delivery profile complete? Did you put “cash” as your financing option? Did you ever put your car on hold? I read some of your earlier posts — you want to put “cash” as the financing option. You can always change it once you get your VIN. Pre-Delivery tasks need to be completed or you will continue to get jumped in line.

Also, what build do you have?
I just realized that I put the cash option but didn’t click continue to complete pre-delivery task - ah man, this sucks. Do you think I’ll get pushed forward or will the new date stick?

Hello,

I’ve ordered my tesla about a month ago and my EDD is May 6-June 14. Somebody txtd me from the same number that txtd me before with my order number when I initially ordered. The message was:

“Good morning, we have a Model 3 on site at our Buena Park location that matches your configuration. Would you like to take delivery today?”

Then i responded what year and if I could see a picture of it. Then they responded back after 10 mins with:

“So sorry, that vehicle did not pass its initial inspection. We will continue to look for another vehicle for you.”

Is there anybody out there experienced this? If so, did you take it? I’ appreciate any response.

I’ve ordered my tesla about a month ago and my EDD is May 6-June 14. Somebody txtd me from the same number that txtd me before with my order number when I initially ordered. The message was:

“Good morning, we have a Model 3 on site at our Buena Park location that matches your configuration. Would you like to take delivery today?”

31 March = end of quarter = Elon would offer to sell you a bridge in Southeast Texas if he could slap a vehicle registration on it.

Last edited:
The dealers know that whatever cars they have in inventory will be snapped up quickly without them making any effort. So, yeah, it’s pretty tough to think of any reason for them to actually go to some effort to match your configuration with available cars besides the end of quarter push. But the loose cars are generally snapped up so quickly that the dealers might have been lying about the car not passing inspection; some other customer might have already grabbed the car and the dealers fibbed about it to let you down easy…

Ordered mine end of August, 2021. My initial dates were actually in November, after which it quickly changed to December.

Then it changed to Jan, then feb-feb28, then to April, then to May 11-June 4, then just June, then March to March 30, and then most recently, about 2 months ago it changed to April 10 to May 6. It hasnt changed since. Honestly im not holding my breath, but the constant changes have been quite amusing throught the past few months.
Holy *sugar*! That sucks. Are you in the states? If so, what part?

Hello,

Then i responded what year and if I could see a picture of it. Then they responded back after 10 mins with:

“So sorry, that vehicle did not pass its initial inspection. We will continue to look for another vehicle for you.”

Is there anybody out there experienced this? If so, did you take it? I’ appreciate any response.
What configuration?

The dealers know that whatever cars they have in inventory will be snapped up quickly without them making any effort. So, yeah, it’s pretty tough to think of any reason for them to actually go to some effort to match your configuration with available cars besides the end of quarter push. But the loose cars are generally snapped up so quickly that the dealers might have been lying about the car not passing inspection; some other customer might have already grabbed the car and the dealers fibbed about it to let you down easy…
that actually made total sense.

Fingers crossed boys. This is it. Tomorrow, the next few days, next week… i can feel it. Those of us that have been here since August, September, October, etc. The March 30-31 gang, 7+ month gang, 185+ days gang. my fellow east coasters, my one dude from Pennsylvania, my Florida boy, the one Canadian guy that was passed over in end of Feb… Q2 is OUR quarter. It’s here, and you bet your ass we’re ready.

We waited for LFP, we waited through AMD Ryzen, we waited through rear heated seats, we made $6k on our car before we drove it out the lot, we refreshed the god damn app too many times to count. Hold on wait….. okay, just had to check again — no update.

We are here. Q2 is ours. You Jan, Feb, March orders…. We’re giving you the keys to the forum. Our time is coming to a close. Handle it with the dignity, honor, and respect it deserves.

Godspeed gentleman. See you on the other side

*Alexa, play See You Again*

Fingers crossed boys. This is it. Tomorrow, the next few days, next week… i can feel it. Those of us that have been here since August, September, October, etc. The March 30-31 gang, 7+ month gang, 185+ days gang. my fellow east coasters, my one dude from Pennsylvania, my Florida boy, the one Canadian guy that was passed over in end of Feb… Q2 is OUR quarter. It’s here, and you bet your ass we’re ready.

We waited for LFP, we waited through AMD Ryzen, we waited through rear heated seats, we made $6k on our car before we drove it out the lot, we refreshed the god damn app too many times to count. Hold on wait….. okay, just had to check again — no update.

We are here. Q2 is ours. You Jan, Feb, March orders…. We’re giving you the keys to the forum. Our time is coming to a close. Handle it with the dignity, honor, and respect it deserves.

This pumped me up so much haha thanks man!

Attachments

• fec65ed3693d162ed4ef86acf600d56f.jpeg
    fec65ed3693d162ed4ef86acf600d56f.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 66
Currently it is 4/4 - 4/18

This was hilarious. You may be correct! The last person I knew who recieved his model 3 ordered it August 1st. He just got his 2 weeks ago. End of July...very, very start of August may have been the last to receive cars. Now the early to mid August to early to mid Sep crowd should be slated for April-Early May.

I ordered end of August so hopefully by end of April, start of May. Lets see how it goes I suppose. Its certainly been an interesting and informative ride!

wow Its really harrowing to see that posters in USA and Canada are waiting for nearly a year for their vehicle, I would have to wait for at least 5 years for one to arrive in New Zealand, it would be quicker for me to swim to China have the car made for me and then catch a slow boat back

And some of us (me) didn’t even want delivery so soon. I would have been happy with a year plus wait but a VIN was dumped on me and since it was an inventory order in Oct (had a VIN) Tesla would auto cancel my order if I put it on hold.

With that said… I really like how the M3RWD drives. I also own a Y and sort of prefer zipping around in the 3 in the city. Fun car.