Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting post I found on twitter this morning:

2022 production numbers for SR+(RWD) dropped to around 10-11~% this year when compared to 43~% last year. Wonder if it's due to the LFP switch/Giga Shanghai shut down or they really are just pumping out LRs for higher margin.

Another datapoint I guess? 🫠
I just assumed the RWDs are being made in Austin now as it's being slowed down in Fremont?

Also lots of talk of a new Panasonic Factory in Oklahoma (I live here) to produce LFP batteries for Austin.

Reactions: MisterPo
Interesting post I found on twitter this morning:

2022 production numbers for SR+(RWD) dropped to around 10-11~% this year when compared to 43~% last year. Wonder if it's due to the LFP switch/Giga Shanghai shut down or they really are just pumping out LRs for higher margin.

Another datapoint I guess? 🫠
Looking at Troy's extensive Q1-Q2 2022 production data compared to our small VIN survey sample, we're fairly close.

Troy.jpg
VIN Q1-Q2.jpg

Are there any August 2021 orders still out there?
My OD is 8/31/21 SR/White/Black/18 and my EDD is 7/9/22-8/13/22.. almost a full year of waiting and I’m losing hope
We have at least (1) user @Sexy_owner from July 21 patiently waiting. According to our survey data you have (6) friends sitting next to you from Aug.21 Hang-on.

For some strange reason Tesla switched my delivery to Council Bluffs, IA (much farther away than Bloomington, IL) and pushed my EDD to Sept - Nov. When I switched it back my EDD improved to July 20 - Aug 24. I didn't even know that Tesla had stores in Des Moines and Council Bluffs. The last I knew, Iowa didn't allow direct to consumer sales. Very odd. Despite the distance Des Moines would be better for me, but I am afraid switching would affect my EDD.

For some strange reason Tesla switched my delivery to Council Bluffs, IA (much farther away than Bloomington, IL) and pushed my EDD to Sept - Nov. When I switched it back my EDD improved to July 20 - Aug 24. I didn't even know that Tesla had stores in Des Moines and Council Bluffs. The last I knew, Iowa didn't allow direct to consumer sales. Very odd. Despite the distance Des Moines would be better for me, but I am afraid switching would affect my EDD.
Interesting, my pickup location is Council Bluffs and has the exact July-Aug EDD as you and I have the exact same car configuration. I wonder if that has anything to do with it

OD 3/5/2022 MGM/Black/Aero/ NO FSD
EDD Aug 12- Oct
After two weeks
EDD Oct 7 to Dec 12
On 6/9 change to Red/Black/19/FSD
Today edd change to June 23 - July 7
Don’t know if this accurate but looks like you do get early EDD when price get higher?
from what i've seen (on here and reddit) the change to Red and to 19's makes the 'automatic' EDD earlier however that's the default for the computer. Once a human (or another cpu) see's it, it will be pushed out further, unfortunately.

From the article "To be clear, Tesla delivers cars to areas that are furthest from its factories at the beginning of the quarter. It also focuses more on exports during that time. As the quarter nears its end, people living in cities very close to the EV brand's Gigafactories will likely take delivery."

That kind of break all hope for Central, East and northern areas to see magic happen by the end of this Q2 month. My current EDD puts me right at the beginning of Q4 so hopefully it will happen.

Reactions: RPYT and AustinL
From the article "To be clear, Tesla delivers cars to areas that are furthest from its factories at the beginning of the quarter. It also focuses more on exports during that time. As the quarter nears its end, people living in cities very close to the EV brand's Gigafactories will likely take delivery."

That kind of break all hope for Central, East and northern areas to see magic happen by the end of this Q2 month. My current EDD puts me right at the beginning of Q4 so hopefully it will happen.
I’m in the same boat. My EDD is Oct - Dec at the moment