Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to use Plaid for my down payment or balance, can I use my debit card and link it to Plaid Payment? is there a fee for using it?
I have finished setup for this. Plaid will link your bank account to Tesla, and after everything is done, you can see the last 4 digit of your checking account. I haven’t click “pay” yet, I think should be no fee.

Reactions: v2m3
Red/White/Aeros

OD: 11/9/22
EDD: November-December
Delivery location: South Austin Gallery/Service Center

A little surprised I haven’t received an official delivery window yet; I was repeatedly assured the car would arrive within weeks since I ordered a RWD with options & am a cash buyer. Might be tied to the registration snafu I experienced, though. The app didn’t seem to like that I had my partner as a co-registrant and it showed I still needed to complete registration and I kept getting texts to complete registration. My partner would get the same texts but his app wouldn’t allow him to do anything. The guys at the South Austin Gallery said everything was fine and my partner couldn’t finalize his part of the registration in the system until I had a VIN; yet I kept getting threatening texts saying my order couldn’t be completed & would be delayed until I completed the registration. I ended up removing my partner from the registration last week & everything seems happy now, though.

Saw a Blue/White/19” wheels car at the Austin Domain Gallery yesterday and am starting to doubt my options choice. At least my mobile charger arrived today; I see they’re now $30 more on the website. The floor liners I was going to purchase are now sold out too. The Tesla experience has been an anxiety roller coaster so far for sure!

Spoke too soon! Just got an EDD of November 29-December 13. Hopefully it arrives before my vacation later in December!
My OD was 11/09 also and I got my VIN this morning and completed the insurance and payment tasks. EDD is now Dec 03 thru Dec 12 for Mount Kisco NY delivery. Considering that Fremont is the only factory building the Model 3 RWD, excluding Giga Shanghai, they are moving impressively fast. Be ready...

Perhaps the 100 Shanghai factory workers they shipped are help to speed product up. That is where this LFP variant was conceived.

Waiting for final delivery date and I suspect the Model 3 is in transit. Got an invite from the Mount Kisco NY Delivery Center for a virtual orientation.

OD- 11/10/2022
EDD - 11/26 to 12/24
EDD (Updated) - 12/03 - 12/12
Delivery Ctr - Mount Kisco
TRIM: MSM, Blk Int, 18 Areo
VIN Assigned on 11/21
Insurance Upload
- 11/21
Payment Via Plaid -
11/21

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-11-21 18-11-14.png
    Screenshot from 2022-11-21 18-11-14.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
Got an update to my deliery window! It's narrowed down to a week, so I'll probably get my VIN soon.
Order Date: September 20
Trim: RWD White, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP
New delivery date window: December 6 to December 13

Question: When do you get your plate number? I need it in order to requisition an additional parking space at my building, but I don't want to wait until the day-of... do you get it when you get your Vin?

Last edited:
Got an update to my deliery window! It's narrowed down to a week, so I'll probably get my VIN soon.

Question: When do you get your plate number? I need it in order to requisition an additional parking space at my building, but I don't want to wait until the day-of... do you get it when you get your Vin?
Differs from state to state.
In TX, we will receive a 30 days temporary plate, and apply the official one within 30 days.

The Mount Kisco Delivery Center in NY registers the car and the plates are on the car when you arrive for pickup.

Reactions: kaimanson
I’m 12/3-12/12 as well vin but no left factory text.
What state are you in?

From what we know, the cars are moved from the Fremont factory to rail yards approximately 8 miles away and are then boarded on to a Union Pacific train heading east. For the east coast (north?) delivery centers, the transfer hub is Chicago where they are loaded on to trailers for the final leg. For the south east delivery centers, the train ride ends in Birmingham SC.

What state are you in?

From what we know, the cars are moved from the Fremont factory to rail yards approximately 8 miles away and are then boarded on to a Union Pacific train heading east. For the east coast (north?) delivery centers, the transfer hub is Chicago where they are loaded on to trailers for the final leg. For the south east delivery centers, the train ride ends in Birmingham SC.
I chat with tesla SA, he told me from Fremont to Texas is around 1 week.
Clearly it is not like a UPS package:)

Reactions: Harry.K.Chu