Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I woke up today and my date was pushed back. Then at 3:00pm got a text that my vin has been assigned.
EDD changed to 12/08-12/15.
Uploaded my insurance, and paid final balance. Now just waiting on the schedule delivery text.
Damn I got the vin as well 2 hours after posting do you have to add insurance overage to the car or just show that you have a policy for any other vehicle? Think it’s nuts that I have to start paying insurance for a car I don’t have yet

Damn I got the vin as well 2 hours after posting do you have to add insurance overage to the car or just show that you have a policy for any other vehicle? Think it’s nuts that I have to start paying insurance for a car I don’t have yet
I saw a few YouTube videos that said just show your policy, so I just uploaded the policy for our other 3 vehicles.
I emailed my agent to get a quote, hopefully it’s not through the roof. Who are you going to get GAP through?
Tesla insurance isn’t offered in my state yet.

Depending on the company, you may be able to add the Tesla, but specify a coverage start date in the future. then get a proof of insurance that shows that start date.

Of the two companies I dealt with recently, Progressive had that as an obvious option in working from their web site, while USAA did not.

Well I woke up today and my date was pushed back. Then at 3:00pm got a text that my vin has been assigned.
EDD changed to 12/08-12/15.
Uploaded my insurance, and paid final balance. Now just waiting on the schedule delivery text.
Could you pay the final balance trough the app right away? I got the VIN, accepted the finance and uploaded the insurance but i can’t pay final balance yet, just received a text saying my tesla was on the way for delivery center.

Can we sound off on the delivery center that everyone is expecting delivery? I am Mount Kisco, NY. I am curious as to whether Tesla is coordinating a Q4 delivery wave.

OD- 11/10/2022
EDD - 11/26 to 12/24
TRIM: MSM, Blk Int, 18 Areo
Order date: September 20
Trim: RWD, white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP
Current delivery date window: November 25 to December 23

Latest update...
  • 9/11: 12/10-1/21 42 day window
  • 9/25: first three check marks completed
  • 9/26: 11/2-12/7 35 day window
  • 10/9: 12/4-12/31 27 day window - 13 days since last update
  • 10/19: 12/6-12/31 25 day window - 10 days since last update
  • 10/25: 11/8-12/6 28 day window - 6 days since last update
  • 10/31: “Hi X, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model 3 purchase.” text received
  • 11/7: “Hi *, this is SA with the Tesla trade-in team. I'm reaching out to see if we can provide you with a trade in offer for your current vehicle.” text received along with a voicemail from SA. (suspect both were automated)
  • 11/9: 11/26-12/24 28 day window - 15 days since last update
  • 11/15: “Tesla Update - Hi *, great news! Your Model 3 (RN*********) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks” text received
Not sure where this is going, but seems to confirm that the trade in text is of no significant meaning other than randomly sent when you approach your first day of the EDD window, which is also pretty meaningless.

Will update again when I have any significant news.
whats you VIN minus last 4?

Order date: September 20
Trim: RWD, white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP
Current delivery date window: November 25 to December 23
Tesla is known to prioritize "exports" from Fremont during the first half of each quarter and focus on domestic US deliveries towards the latter half. I imagine this is impact you as your order date fell near end of Q3.

My journey is coming to a wrap.
  • 9/11: 12/10-1/21
  • 9/26: 11/2-12/7
  • 10/9: 12/4-12/31
  • 10/19: 12/6-12/31
  • 10/25: 11/8-12/6
  • 10/31: trade in text
  • 11/7: trade in text and voicemail from SA
  • 11/9: 11/26-12/24
  • 11/15: expected to be delivered in the next several weeks text
  • 11/15: 11/18-12/2
  • 11/19: 11/25-12/9
  • 11/21: 11/21-11/28 VIN assigned via text
  • 11/21: delivery scheduled 11/23 5:30 PM
Unless if something significant occurs, you guys all know about the car without me blathering.