Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are all set. Just be patient. We wondered the same thing. Had everything set up for final payment in the app. All that remained was to hit pay.

The schedule delivery text will come when it comes. I can't remember how long after we got the VIN, but it was a wait. So I understand your concern.
Within a week is standard - example of my complete timeline below:
Jun 21: Order Date
Jun 22: Oct 20 to Dec 15 (8 weeks)
Jun 30: Oct 23 to Dec 4 (6 weeks)
Aug 10: Oct 3 to Nov 7 (5 weeks)
Sep 1: Oct 2 to Oct 30 (4 weeks)
Sep 9: Sep 22 to Oct 4 (13 days)
Sep 19: Oct 8 - Oct 22 (15 days)
Oct 2: Oct 17 - Oct 31 (15 days)
Oct 6: Oct 19 - Nov 1 (14 days)
Oct 14: Oct 27 - Nov 3 (8 days) - VIN assigned
Oct 19: Delivery Date scheduled for Oct 26
Oct 24: Delivery Day

Reactions: craftyK
Hello,

I am due to take delivery of my M3 this Thursday. I had a few questions and was hoping someone can help out.. What is the difference between a S and S+? Are all new standard range vehicles coming with the "matrix" headlights or is that only for the performance model? Is there a check list you all used for inspection prior to delivery?

Thank you
They don’t use that language any longer (S, S+) RWD 2023 (delivering now, everything built after Oct 4) have matrix headlights, no USS.

They actually come exclusively from Fremont.
I learned that after my comment, but the battery is still LFP as for now.

To my knowledge the latest info available about the inflation reduction act is:
- EV qualifies for a $3,750 tax credit if at least 40% of the battery’s critical minerals were extracted or processed in the United States or in a country with which the U.S. has a free trade agreement (Don't think it's the case with LFP)
- The other half is granted if at least 50% of the battery’s components were manufactured or assembled in North America (Don't think it's the case with LFP)

Will tesla introduce a Model Y RWD (aka. SR) for 10k less than the LR that would be in direct competition with the Model 3 without tax credit?
This happened in europe where the Model Y RWD has state rebates and sells for 50.970€ (final consumer price, all taxes included), and the Model 3 is at 51.760 (final consumer price, all taxes included).

Hi, how do I know I have LFP battery? Seems like all RWD are using LFP?
In the car, go to Software|Additional vehicle information

Just now I tried that on my model 3 and got a popup. It mentioned both that my "12V" battery is lithium ion, and that my primary traction battery is LFP.

Yes, I think that putting that information under "Software" is a bit odd.

M3/WHITE/BLACK/19"/NO FSD
OD: 8/14/2022
EDD on Website Oct to Dec 2022
EDD on 8/15/2022: Sept 7 to Oct 5
EDD on 8/21/2022: Nov 18 to Dec 30
EDD on 9/15/2022: Nov 13 to Dec 18
EDD on 9/22/2022: Oct 30 to Dec 5
EDD on 9/28/2022: Oct 7 to Oct 19

VIN on Oct 1,
Delivery date window given October 16 -19 - but I couldn't pick it up due to me being on vacation Oct 29. Order placed on hold for 24 hours

New EDD: Dec 31

Was offered another tesla for pick up Oct 24, which I had to decline again. Order placed on hold again for 24 hours.

EDD: Dec 31
EDD: Nov 15 to Nov 27

On Nov 3,

Tesla Update - great news! Your Model 3 (RN** is expected to be delivered within the next month. In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

We will provide further updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

EDD on 11/09/2022: Nov 27 to Dec 11
EDD on 11/14/2022 : Nov 28 to Dec 11
Got VIN
EDD on 11/18/2022: Nov 24 to Dec 3

UPDATE: On Thursday 11/10 I received this text from Tesla.
Tesla Update - Hi , great news! Your Model 3 (RN) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app.

On Sunday, 11/10-EDD changed to December 2- December 16.

11/19/2022
Hello, this is Tesla with a special opportunity. We have a red M3 rear-wheel drive we had in our showroom for sale! It has 19" sport wheels and black interior. FSD/enhanced autopilot is optional. The price of it would match your price book with a discount! If you are interested, please reply YES!

Just got this text from Tesla. 😩. I don’t want Red I want black.

Just got pushed back from 11/30-12/13 to now 12/1-12/29… paaaaain. I need a car asap this is starting to get to me. #1stworldproblems
I got pushed back too. From 12/2-12/16
to now 11/29-12/27. I want to cry 😩😂.
They texted me yesterday saying they had a red available on the salesfloor (demo) that I could get. I didn’t want red and I don’t want demo. Woke up to date pushed back.

I got pushed back too. From 12/2-12/16
to now 11/29-12/27. I want to cry 😩😂.
They texted me yesterday saying they had a red available on the salesfloor (demo) that I could get. I didn’t want red and I don’t want demo. Woke up to date pushed back.
Well I woke up today and my date was pushed back. Then at 3:00pm got a text that my vin has been assigned.
EDD changed to 12/08-12/15.
Uploaded my insurance, and paid final balance. Now just waiting on the schedule delivery text.