Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are calling it a "delivery" discount...so will be applied on delivery starting today
Musk did something similar in 2020 by giving all Dec Deliveries free super charging for a year. It looks like the delivery centers are caught off guard and might need time to figure things out. Lots of confusion right now but perhaps Elon will clarify things during tonight's Semi Delivery event. Everyone should tune in.

Here is what it shows up as, I will be picking up on 12/03/2022.

1669932876873.png

So on Tesla's existing inventory website, the Destination fee isn't applied like it is with a custom order.

I asked my SA and he said that it is a visual bug, and you'll be charged the Destination Fee regardless of what the price is stated.

But just a heads up for those ordering from current inventory

I checked with my SA.

Hi xxx! Your December 2022 vehicle pickup date qualifies you to receive a $3,750 price adjustment from Tesla. As your vehicle's payment(s) were completed prior to the adjustment being applied to your order, you may expect to receive a refund for this amount. It will be sent via mailed check to your registration address about 10-12 weeks from now. Thank you.

So I’ve already been assigned a VIN, SA said expected delivery is on the 9th. I just checked the website and they have the same car available for pickup, can I ask them to just give me that car instead now? I’ve already paid remaining balance. Or should I just continue to wait it out.

This is how my order page looks, my SA confirmed that as I had paid the amount early this morning and already chosen the amount I'll be financing via 3rd party I'll get a refund later.

I'm still concerned because there's place where it says I'm eligible for the discount except on his chat.

Screenshot_20221201-221233~2.png

This is how my order page looks, my SA confirmed that as I had paid the amount early this morning and already chosen the amount I'll be financing via 3rd party I'll get a refund later.

I'm still concerned because there's place where it says I'm eligible for the discount except on his chat.
The "Referral Credit" line item didn't show up for either, until ....

I went to the website (not the app) and added FSD as an upgrade and clicked "update." That cause it to rebuild the configuration/build. The "Referral Credit" appeared soon after. You can go back to upgrades on the website and change it back to Autopilot (free) or if that is giving you trouble, you can ask someone at Tesla to change it back. I promise you, they cannot force you to buy the upgrade.

Good luck.