Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that's some hope I'll hang on to :)

SA I spoke to said if we don't get the car delivered by 12/31, our order still stands & our $250 still holds but the $7500 on the hood won't happen & he was not expecting the 10k supercharger miles to be in play. We'll be subject to applying for the federal tax credit of $7500 instead & hoping the car qualifies (at least until March).
I don't see any EDD change this morning and am planning to stop by showroom again. My SA I ordered from texted me that I will be notified when VIN# is assigned to my account.

I'm sure it is too late but its worth a shot, do we know if there are any available M3s for loan/lease available preferably in DC/MD? If not, is there any possible way I could possible try to receive one before 1 Jan 2023?
You may want to reach out to a sales advisor at your local Tesla sales center and they can keep an eye on the inventory for you. There hasn't been a Model 3 RWD that has hit existing inventory basically since the $7500 incentive was announced on 12/21, that I know of. So yeah, it's pretty late but you never know. The SA's can see cars that folks are refusing that ordered them (because, IMO $250 is way too low of an order deposit) before they hit the public inventory, supposedly.

You may want to reach out to a sales advisor at your local Tesla sales center and they can keep an eye on the inventory for you. There hasn't been a Model 3 RWD that has hit existing inventory basically since the $7500 incentive was announced on 12/21, that I know of. So yeah, it's pretty late but you never know. The SA's can see cars that folks are refusing that ordered them (because, IMO $250 is way too low of an order deposit) before they hit the public inventory, supposedly.

Thanks I appreciate it. I saw 4 SR M3s in the DC area on 12/23 but by time I got around to putting down the deposit they were gone. I will try your recommendation and keep my fingers crossed.

Ok, that's some hope I'll hang on to :)

SA I spoke to said if we don't get the car delivered by 12/31, our order still stands & our $250 still holds but the $7500 on the hood won't happen & he was not expecting the 10k supercharger miles to be in play. We'll be subject to applying for the federal tax credit of $7500 instead & hoping the car qualifies (at least until March).
I finally got a VIN this afternoon texted from my SA and scheduled delivery in next 2 days.

Reactions: ankit
My 12/21 midnight (Wed night) order (RWD, white/white, 18") still just shows ''Dec 2022" est delivery date.
I happened to find 1 similar car come in stock and grabbed it quickly, initially it showed Jan 2023 delivery estimate to my dismay but it soon changed to 12/27-12/31.

This car is in Vallejo. I already asked Tesla via text but can I change it to Fremont delivery so they can fix issues on the spot? Would it mean someone is driving it down or driven on a truck?

Also, do I need to get insurance before delivery?

Reactions: ankit
My 12/21 midnight (Wed night) order (RWD, white/white, 18") still just shows ''Dec 2022" est delivery date.
I happened to find 1 similar car come in stock and grabbed it quickly, initially it showed Jan 2023 delivery estimate to my dismay but it soon changed to 12/27-12/31.

This car is in Vallejo. I already asked Tesla via text but can I change it to Fremont delivery so they can fix issues on the spot? Would it mean someone is driving it down or driven on a truck?

I'm also interested in the insurance question. Is it like buying other new cares, where you show you current car insurance and that covers the sell? Then a day later or so, you call your insurance and add the new vehicle? I've gotten mixed messages that for Tesla, we need to call our insurance companies before buying the Tesla and setting up insurance.

I saw that white one in Vallejo. Too far from me :(. Glad someone on here grabbed it!

Reactions: mgs333

I doubt they will let you pick it up in Fremont, but they might offer home delivery if you insist. This would likely be someone driving the vehicle over from Vallejo. I would try calling the delivery center in Vallejo and Fremont and see what they say (search their number on google).

For insurance, upload your current insurance card. In CA you have a grace period of a few days to add the car to your insurance after delivery.

Last edited:
This car is in Vallejo. I already asked Tesla via text but can I change it to Fremont delivery so they can fix issues on the spot?
I don't think they fix issues on the spot in Fremont, & probably especially not now with the EOY rush. The delivery experience there now is "your car is in stall 71, good luck, bye," with little to no human interaction (so I'm guessing it's even less interactive than Vallejo). While this will be my 1st Tesla, my brother has had 3 Teslas over the years, all Fremont factory deliveries, my husband worked at the factory in Fremont (in production), and we have a bunch of additional Tesla nerd friends who have taken delivery of their Model S Plaids at the factory (the latter peeps having the same "your car is in stall 42" experience).

I'm picking up my M3 at Fremont tomorrow (12/28) & can update the experience here if it's anything other than the expected minimalist scenario. I will have the aforementioned Tesla delivery nerds out there but I'm hoping they don't (have to) pull out the paint micrometers, lol.

IMO, I wouldn't change delivery locations now b/c it seems you could risk not getting delivery by 12/31. With the out-the-door price of a RWD w/18" wheels at $40,940, it's too good to mess up!

Thanks I appreciate it. I saw 4 SR M3s in the DC area on 12/23 but by time I got around to putting down the deposit they were gone. I will try your recommendation and keep my fingers crossed.

i stuck with it and was able to get mines today. Had to keep searching and some would pop up during the day but would be gone asap. On the ride home I saw a few pop up in my area and was able to reserve one. If you are looking keep trying!!

Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
I don't think they fix issues on the spot in Fremont, & probably especially not now with the EOY rush. The delivery experience there now is "your car is in stall 71, good luck, bye," with little to no human interaction (so I'm guessing it's even less interactive than Vallejo). While this will be my 1st Tesla, my brother has had 3 Teslas over the years, all Fremont factory deliveries, my husband worked at the factory in Fremont (in production), and we have a bunch of additional Tesla nerd friends who have taken delivery of their Model S Plaids at the factory (the latter peeps having the same "your car is in stall 42" experience).

I'm picking up my M3 at Fremont tomorrow (12/28) & can update the experience here if it's anything other than the expected minimalist scenario. I will have the aforementioned Tesla delivery nerds out there but I'm hoping they don't (have to) pull out the paint micrometers, lol.

IMO, I wouldn't change delivery locations now b/c it seems you could risk not getting delivery by 12/31. With the out-the-door price of a RWD w/18" wheels at $40,940, it's too good to mess up!
Yeah, Vallejo called and told me they can't move the car even for home delivery, so I'll go pick up in Vallejo.

Last edited:
Picked my car at Colma today. It was crazy there with cars parked 2-3 deep, and hardly a spot for us to park our old Y. Found a pretty deep scratch on one of the rocker panels. The rep there asked me to file a service request to get it addressed. Other than that, the car looks pretty good. The car had only 3 miles on the odometer at pickup.

The drive back home was fun and better than on the Y (less wind and road noise, more grounded feeling, more forgiving suspension?). The acceleration was slower on the 3 though. The audio system is also definitely a step down, but still pretty decent. The car is now updating to 2022.44.30.1, which is newer than the build I have on my Y. I can also confirm that there are no floor mats (ordered some on amazon).

Good luck to everyone still waiting for theirs! Note that you can call the delivery center to schedule a pickup, and do not have to wait for them to schedule it for you.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm headed to Fremont on Saturday for my M3. But I'm nervous because my flight will arrive around 3pm. I know the Fremont hours usually close at 6 on Saturdays, but I don't have a clue if they will close early for NYE. Anyone know how I could find out these hours (while the Tesla reps are off duty). I'll need to plan overnight. Cheers