Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If one orders a new one now but don't get the delivery by 12/31 then $7500 is gone and we at the mercy of 2023 deals if any.
What are the chances of getting one delivered by Dec 31..? Slim to none if one really want the color combination, tire size...

So this can be a lease or finance.
A trade in can be a part of lease also or just if you finance.

If one orders a new one now but don't get the delivery by 12/31 then $7500 is gone and we at the mercy of 2023 deals if any.
What are the chances of getting one delivered by Dec 31..? Slim to none if one really want the color combination, tire size...

So this can be a lease or finance.
A trade in can be a part of lease also or just if you finance.
Won't a prudent buyer check the existing inventory to see if there is an acceptable model for them that can be delivered on or before 12/31? The issue I see with the EV Tax Credit is that it does not reduce the sale price at the point-of-sale. Rather it will reduce your tax liabilities when you file your taxes in 2024.

The thing you have to consider is that the Dec incentive reduction has the effect of reducing the sales tax so the actual price reduction is around $8,000. That is superior to any EV Credit IMO.

Reactions: WARun
Noob here. I just placed an order for a RWD last night, hoping I can get it delivered by 12/31.

Are delivery centers open on weekends/holidays? I live close to Fremont. 12/31 is the date I care about in this case. I know Tesla estimates can be wildly off so even though when I ordered, the estimated delivery date was showing Dec, 2022. From Teslike's order tracker, some recent orders are getting delivered within 3-6 days after ordering so fingers crossed. Otherwise I'm just out the $250 order fee.

Noob here. I just placed an order for a RWD last night, hoping I can get it delivered by 12/31.

Are delivery centers open on weekends/holidays? I live close to Fremont. 12/31 is the date I care about in this case. I know Tesla estimates can be wildly off so even though when I ordered, the estimated delivery date was showing Dec, 2022. From Teslike's order tracker, some recent orders are getting delivered within 3-6 days after ordering so fingers crossed. Otherwise I'm just out the $250 order fee.
Did you buy from the Inventory or did you customize? What is your build?

If your delivery center is Fremont you have good odds of making the Dec 31 deal. They are open 7 says a week but I doubt Christmas day

Keep us posted.

Did you buy from the Inventory or did you customize? What is your build?

If your delivery center is Fremont you have good odds of making the Dec 31 deal. They are open 7 says a week but I doubt Christmas day

Keep us posted.
Custom order, RWD, white ext/white int, no other changes/options. Only cars in inventory are the LR and Perf ones. Although when I just refreshed, there are no Model 3s within 200 miles of the Bay Area... Perhaps the promo is really popular, although there are plenty of Model Ys in stock.

Will keep folks posted, I have a test drive at the Fremont sales center this afternoon and will ask them about my odds.

Won't a prudent buyer check the existing inventory to see if there is an acceptable model for them that can be delivered on or before 12/31? The issue I see with the EV Tax Credit is that it does not reduce the sale price at the point-of-sale. Rather it will reduce your tax liabilities when you file your taxes in 2024.

The thing you have to consider is that the Dec incentive reduction has the effect of reducing the sales tax so the actual price reduction is around $8,000. That is superior to any EV Credit IMO.
I fully agree what you saying.
But I don't see any RWD in existing inventory all gone. Only LR left.

Custom order, RWD, white ext/white int, no other changes/options. Only cars in inventory are the LR and Perf ones. Although when I just refreshed, there are no Model 3s within 200 miles of the Bay Area... Perhaps the promo is really popular, although there are plenty of Model Ys in stock.

Will keep folks posted, I have a test drive at the Fremont sales center this afternoon and will ask them about my odds.
What is your EDD? I ordered yesterday (in the bay area), and I just got an EDD for Dec 22 - 31.

What is your EDD? I ordered yesterday (in the bay area), and I just got an EDD for Dec 22 - 31.
What was your build? I placed my order for matching white ext/int base last night around 8pm. I still have the general estimated delivery for Dec 2022. I hope being in SoCal has some advantages here. I haven't been assigned to an SA yet, but should I try finding one in case I need some personal help in locating a vehicle before EOY?

That's good news! Mine still says Dec 2022 but I ordered mine around midnight.

I just came back from the test drive at the Fremont sales center. They seemed busy. They didn't think an order from last night would get delivered by 12/31 and that I should consider what's in inventory. They were checking inventory on the same tesla.com inventory search the public uses so they don't have any better information vs what's on the website.

That's good news! Mine still says Dec 2022 but I ordered mine around midnight.

I just came back from the test drive at the Fremont sales center. They seemed busy. They didn't think an order from last night would get delivered by 12/31 and that I should consider what's in inventory. They were checking inventory on the same tesla.com inventory search the public uses so they don't have any better information vs what's on the website.

I ordered mine around 5pm yesterday. My order is a for a base gray with black interior (I heard white interior could get delayed). My SA called after I placed my order and tried convincing me to take an inventory LR instead!

I ordered mine around 5pm yesterday. My order is a for a base gray with black interior (I heard white interior could get delayed). My SA called after I placed my order and tried convincing me to take an inventory LR instead!
Hmm, good to know about white interiors... I think changing it to black interior now might put me further back in the queue so I'll probably leave it. Do you have an SA because you've bought Teslas before? How do I get assigned one?

Hmm, good to know about white interiors... I think changing it to black interior now might put me further back in the queue so I'll probably leave it. Do you have an SA because you've bought Teslas before? How do I get assigned one?
My SA is the person we interacted with when we test drove the Model Y about 2 years back. I do not think an SA can really do much, but he did keep me updated of the new incentives as they were introduced this month. I can DM you his email address if you want, but I doubt he can do much other than match you to an inventory car (if one shows up).

Tesla tricked me by giving me a custom order when I placed order on an inventory when I saw one yesterday. I am sure someone completed an order form before I did - but instead of advising me what I was looking at was no longer available they just went ahead and waitlisted me.

Now I am stuck and might lose $250 haha. So be careful - you might end up like me fellas.

Last edited:
Tesla tricked me by giving me a custom order when I placed order on an inventory when I saw one yesterday. I am sure someone completed an order form before I did - but instead of advising me what I was looking at was no longer available they just went ahead and waitlisted me.

Now I am stuck and might lose $250 haha. So be careful - you might end up like me fellas.
For me, it kept giving me a payment failed message despite trying different credit cards.

My SA is the person we interacted with when we test drove the Model Y about 2 years back. I do not think an SA can really do much, but he did keep me updated of the new incentives as they were introduced this month. I can DM you his email address if you want, but I doubt he can do much other than match you to an inventory car (if one shows up).
Thanks for the offer, I think I'm ok for now. I'm constantly refreshing the inventory now. :D
o_O