Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know how you can swap the current order to one of the inventories? Unless it is offered on the dashboard (where you can confirm the swap), it leads me to a regular "place order" page and i have to put down another $250 lol
I asked the sales person after the test drive if I can apply the $250 from the order to an inventory car and they said they can do that. But given how fast the inventory cars get sold, I think you'd need to risk losing one of the $250 by placing a new order for the inventory car. I don't think there's a way for us to do it ourselves.

I asked the sales person after the test drive if I can apply the $250 from the order to an inventory car and they said they can do that. But given how fast the inventory cars get sold, I think you'd need to risk losing one of the $250 by placing a new order for the inventory car. I don't think there's a way for us to do it ourselves.
i actually talked to a sales rep. So yeah - it depends on whatever the tesla website thinks is eligible for swap. If you want to secure one you see on the existing inventory - you just go for it and you lose $250 on the previous custom order.

Reactions: mgs333
What was your build? I placed my order for matching white ext/int base last night around 8pm. I still have the general estimated delivery for Dec 2022. I hope being in SoCal has some advantages here. I haven't been assigned to an SA yet, but should I try finding one in case I need some personal help in locating a vehicle before EOY?
They don't really assign SA. But if you have questions, respond to any of the Text messages they send. They do read them and should respond.

Reactions: mgs333
I ordered M3 RWD Monday, 12/19 (midnight silver, 18" Aeros) and still do not have a VIN assigned (11am PT 12/23). Hoping for delivery by 12/31 and Fremont (and every other SA I've talked to) has assured me they're at full production but unfortunately, their system isn't able or willing to give any more info. I would hope they'd be producing the popular configs and basically all M3 RWDs at as quick a rate as possible, given the intense push to bolster Q4 sales. You'd think they could drill down into anticipated inventory b/c VINs are getting assigned when the dash is installed but I get it, lots of dependent variables, including that eventually completed car needing to pass systems & quality checks before being assigned to a buyer.

Here's to hoping we all get our Model 3's by year end!

I ordered M3 RWD Monday, 12/19 (midnight silver, 18" Aeros) and still do not have a VIN assigned (11am PT 12/23). Hoping for delivery by 12/31 and Fremont (and every other SA I've talked to) has assured me they're at full production but unfortunately, their system isn't able or willing to give any more info. I would hope they'd be producing the popular configs and basically all M3 RWDs at as quick a rate as possible, given the intense push to bolster Q4 sales. You'd think they could drill down into anticipated inventory b/c VINs are getting assigned when the dash is installed but I get it, lots of dependent variables, including that eventually completed car needing to pass systems & quality checks before being assigned to a buyer.

Here's to hoping we all get our Model 3's by year end!
What does your estimated delivery date say?

When did you place order? Config?
I went in to my local Tesla store (Raleigh, NC) and did a test drive on 12/17. I immediately sat down with them to look at available inventory coming in. I reserved a M3 RWD in black with 19“ Sport Wheels that was due to be delivered to the store on 12/25. Within 20 minutes of the reservation I got a text to choose my delivery date which was originally 12/27. I got a text on Thursday saying that my car was arriving earlier than expected so I was able to secure a 12/24 delivery. Tomorrow is the day!

My order at around midnight 12/22 (Wed night, a few hours after ankit) still just shows "Est. Delivry: Dec 2022". 1 key difference is I ordered the white interior. Thinking of placing another with black to increase my chances of getting one by 12/31...
I ordered late morning on 12/22, a 3P with a white interior. I also don't have a VIN assigned yet. Post back here if you make another order with black interior.

I went in to my local Tesla store (Raleigh, NC) and did a test drive on 12/17. I immediately sat down with them to look at available inventory coming in. I reserved a M3 RWD in black with 19“ Sport Wheels that was due to be delivered to the store on 12/25. Within 20 minutes of the reservation I got a text to choose my delivery date which was originally 12/27. I got a text on Thursday saying that my car was arriving earlier than expected so I was able to secure a 12/24 delivery. Tomorrow is the day!
Ah, so you got an inventory car, gotcha. I was hopeful you were gonna say it was one you ordered. Congrats, tho!

I ordered late morning on 12/22, a 3P with a white interior. I also don't have a VIN assigned yet. Post back here if you make another order with black interior.
I placed another order shortly after I made that post for 1 with a black interior, when I placed the order, the estimate shown was December but after a couple of hours it showed January. So I think I just gave Elon $250.

Still seeing the estimated delivery is today (12/25) to 12/31 for my gray/black/18" config ordered 12/19. Now tesla.com has changed estimated delivery for any M3 one orders to January 2023 so I'm still optimistic and very hopeful they'll get our orders delivered by 12/31.

Would love it if anyone who ordered a M3 RWD (not one from existing inventory) from around 12/16 and more recently who has gotten a vin assigned would revisit this thread & post an update :)

Still seeing the estimated delivery is today (12/25) to 12/31 for my gray/black/18" config ordered 12/19. Now tesla.com has changed estimated delivery for any M3 one orders to January 2023 so I'm still optimistic and very hopeful they'll get our orders delivered by 12/31.

Would love it if anyone who ordered a M3 RWD (not one from existing inventory) from around 12/16 and more recently who has gotten a vin assigned would revisit this thread & post an update :)

Same estimated date here (12/25 - 12/31). From the waitingfortesla discord channel, almost all new inventory in CA has been for the LR model. I think the RWD model is still getting shipped out of state, and we should see some inventory show up in SoCal early this week, and Bay Area only towards the end of the year.

Same estimated date here (12/25 - 12/31). From the waitingfortesla discord channel, almost all new inventory in CA has been for the LR model. I think the RWD model is still getting shipped out of state, and we should see some inventory show up in SoCal early this week, and Bay Area only towards the end of the year.

I ordered M3 SR all basic std options (gray/black/18") on 12/18 at NCal before the 7500 discount available and there is not matching inventory at the time I ordered, my ED showed 20, 21 till today to 31 but no VIN#. I visited showroom on 23rd and the SA said VIN should be available on the 26th and I will keep my fingercrossed. I also wonder if M3 SR will qualify the tax credit if it is pushed between sometime in Jan 23 ~ Mar 23. If so, how much 3750 or 7500?

Reactions: ankit
I ordered M3 SR all basic std options (gray/black/18") on 12/18 at NCal before the 7500 discount available and there is not matching inventory at the time I ordered, my ED showed 20, 21 till today to 31 but no VIN#. I visited showroom on 23rd and the SA said VIN should be available on the 26th and I will keep my fingercrossed. I also wonder if M3 SR will qualify the tax credit if it is pushed between sometime in Jan 23 ~ Mar 23. If so, how much 3750 or 7500?
Ok, that's some hope I'll hang on to :)

SA I spoke to said if we don't get the car delivered by 12/31, our order still stands & our $250 still holds but the $7500 on the hood won't happen & he was not expecting the 10k supercharger miles to be in play. We'll be subject to applying for the federal tax credit of $7500 instead & hoping the car qualifies (at least until March).