Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone care to share how long it took to receive the paperwork to sign and return (carrier delivery) from when you get the placeholder delivery date assigned ?
The wait is killing me. EDD right now is 3/25

I dunno. I ordered (custom color/interior, no inventory) online on Tuesday. Got the message that the car was going to be ready by Friday. I did all the paperwork over the Tesla app. Nothing took more than a few hours to complete. Had to follow the process though. Ordered. Finance. Insurance. Payment. esign documents. delivery appointment..
Now when I was at the dealer today? It took more time going over the car, but the guy said that I have 24 hours or 100 miles to determine all the delivery fixes. But at the dealership no more than 30-60 minutes.

I dunno. I ordered (custom color/interior, no inventory) online on Tuesday. Got the message that the car was going to be ready by Friday. I did all the paperwork over the Tesla app. Nothing took more than a few hours to complete. Had to follow the process though. Ordered. Finance. Insurance. Payment. esign documents. delivery appointment..
Now when I was at the dealer today? It took more time going over the car, but the guy said that I have 24 hours or 100 miles to determine all the delivery fixes. But at the dealership no more than 30-60 minutes.
Thanks for the info. I've already went through the steps on the Tesla app, including financing, trade-in offer, and insurance. The final payment option and agreements on the app are grayed out. Currently just says "We'll notify you to continue pre-delivery tasks"

Thanks for the info. I've already went through the steps on the Tesla app, including financing, trade-in offer, and insurance. The final payment option and agreements on the app are grayed out. Currently just says "We'll notify you to continue pre-delivery tasks"

Yeah, that's where I was. After I uploaded the insurance, the next day the final payment was able to be clicked. Set up ACH and paid over the app, then the rest followed after they accepted payment.

Anyone care to share how long it took to receive the paperwork to sign and return (carrier delivery) from when you get the placeholder delivery date assigned ?
The wait is killing me. EDD right now is 3/25
Tesla has a tendency to push hard to get cars delivered to customers at end of quarter for their financial reporting, aka the end of quarter delivery wave. If you have everything in order, it is likely that they will do everything in their power to get the car to you before end of month, if at all possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrikcuban
Well the race is on! Wife and I are in the Washington DC metro area and test drove a M3 on Monday evening. Stopped for dinner and wound up placing an order for an inventory M3 RWD in blue with black interior.

3/6 - OD, VIN, EDD 3/14-3/23
3/7 - Provided Trade in details
3/8 - Trade in offer received.
3/9 - Accepted trade-in offer uploaded pics of cluster, registration, co-owners license.
3/9 - Scheduled Delivery, earliest available 3/19

Nervous and Excited!
Waiting room exited.

Picked up yesterday (3/19). We have one quality issue but accepted delivery. Our driver side rear door card was not properly installed but you can only really tell from outside the car and it doesn't effect any opening or closing of the door or window. Mobile tech is scheduled for Thursday. Overall 13 days order to delivery and we are happy.

PXL_20230320_113325078.jpg

Waiting room exited.

Picked up yesterday (3/19). We have one quality issue but accepted delivery. Our driver side rear door card was not properly installed but you can only really tell from outside the car and it doesn't effect any opening or closing of the door or window. Mobile tech is scheduled for Thursday. Overall 13 days order to delivery and we are happy.

View attachment 919529
How did they tell you to make the claim? On the app and create a service visit?

Hello.
I have an interesting call this morning with a Tesla representative from my local shop today. I was supposed to pick the car (M3 SR Red) the next morning. The representative told me that they have to postpone the the delivery date for upto a week due to a necessary firmware update that they are waiting for it and can not deliver the car without. He told me that the car already arrived and the shop. Has anyone got a similar call? Also does anyone know what is special with that firmware that prevent me to taking delivery tomorrow? Thanks

Hi all,
Newbie here and thank you all for this great community! Picking up in Mt Kisco, NY.

3/8 - OD, VIN, EDD 3/22-3/26
3/13 - Provided Trade in details
3/15 - Trade in offer received.
3/16 - Accepted trade-in offer uploaded pics of cluster
3/17 - Uploaded registration, license and title
3/20 - Scheduled Delivery, earliest available 3/26
3/21 - Car slated to arrive on 3/24

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive tomorrow!

The sheer amount of knowledge in this forum is astronomical! Thanks again!

Reactions: TezlaLink.com
Hi all,
Newbie here and thank you all for this great community! Picking up in Mt Kisco, NY.

3/8 - OD, VIN, EDD 3/22-3/26
3/13 - Provided Trade in details
3/15 - Trade in offer received.
3/16 - Accepted trade-in offer uploaded pics of cluster
3/17 - Uploaded registration, license and title
3/20 - Scheduled Delivery, earliest available 3/26
3/21 - Car slated to arrive on 3/24

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive tomorrow!

The sheer amount of knowledge in this forum is astronomical! Thanks again!
Forgot to mention ordered from existing stock.

Forgot to mention ordered from existing stock.
I had my delivery in Dec from Mount Kisco. Make sure you have your insurance sorted out ahead of your delivery date and I recommend getting someone on the phone to do your final check ahead of delivery. They will not reach out to you via phone until a day or two.

Overall, NY DMV is full of red tape so you want to give yourself time to deal with anything that comes up.

Well my EDD was 3/25, however, I got a call from Tesla Tampa store today saying they have to send me some trade-in documents to be signed and returned. They won't release the car for transport arrangement until the papers are received. So, here go another 2-3 business days, so probably won't see the car until late next week.