Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start Button on App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I've only used it once and I swear there was something like a ten minute time limit to start driving.
Yes, but one you start driving, you're allowed to continue until you stop (i. e. Park). If you don't start in time, the car re-locks itself (i. e. it will once again need a key or permission from the app to start driving).

You or your significant other lost their phone and have no keycard. The stranded party can borrow a phone from a good Samaritan to get the car remotely unlocked and started (2 minute limit to start driving).

Good Samaritan is amazed at the feature and orders one for themselves :rolleyes:

Or significant other pulls into driveway. I need to run to grocery store. After shopping I realize that the car let me drive it because my wife was still standing there but that I did not remember my phone.

You or your significant other lost their phone and have no keycard. The stranded party can borrow a phone from a good Samaritan to get the car remotely unlocked and started (2 minute limit to start driving).

Good Samaritan is amazed at the feature and orders one for themselves :rolleyes:

I once used a friend's phone to call my wife and have her start the car for me. I didn't think to install the app on my friend's phone!

Your Tesla account's password is simple enough to type out on a phone without a password manager? :)
Everyone that isn’t using a good password manager to manage and create their passwords needs to stop what they’re doing right now and get one.

Take it from someone who has gone through a full-on identity theft experience. Go get a password manager right now.

And if an internet service you use offers two factor authentication, use that, too.

Having long, randomly generated passwords for everything is fantastic. No more weak passwords, no more using the same password at multiple sites.

Sorry to go off topic, but this really is an important subject. Get a password manager right this very second, and take 30 minutes to set it up correctly.

Reactions: destructure00