Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel / Yoke option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks nice! Cannot wait for my appointment on the 7th. Messaged Tesla and they said they would leave the yoke in the car after install. Did not ask about airbag as I don't care.
the only reason I could see to request the airbag is in case you want to re-sell to someone who wants to DYI (most certified dealers/mechanics won't install a used airbag) a yoke or airbag replacement.

Looks nice! Cannot wait for my appointment on the 7th. Messaged Tesla and they said they would leave the yoke in the car after install. Did not ask about airbag as I don't care.
They left me my Yoke also. They take the airbag in fear that I may make the coolest airbag explode video on YT!!! Lol.

I am sure it’s a liability issue.

Here it is finally !
20230329_094609.jpg

This car was missing a proper steering. The driving dynamics have significantly improved. The car feels more nimble and responsive.
Driving feels more natural now, and instinctively I go for the indicator stalk !

I got my yoke back, but due to 'liability' they took the airbag.

What will you do with the yoke?

Edit: How does the material compare to the original yoke's cover material?
Original plan was to see if there is demand in the second hand market. But since there is no airbag and the steering airbag is not interchangeable not sure if there would be interest in the resale market. Will see.

I might end up holding onto it, to retain resale value.

I haven't done a detail comparison, but the steering wheel material feels smoother than the yoke, it makes sliding the wheel when doing turns in your hand easier.
The one thing that stands out, is that the wheel has softer steering compared to the yoke.
I might have to play with the steering configs to tighten it a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd and zoomer0056
Here it is finally !
View attachment 922643

This car was missing a proper steering. The driving dynamics have significantly improved. The car feels more nimble and responsive.
Driving feels more natural now, and instinctively I go for the indicator stalk !

I got my yoke back, but due to 'liability' they took the airbag.
The material looks much more luxurious than the rubbery crap the yoke was made of.

Reactions: Duke846