Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2023.2.12...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that for some particular models of car (and/or some countries) there are quite a lot of cars still on 2023.2.12, even this long after newer versions started rolling out.

For example from TeslaFi, this is the breakdown of cars it knows about that are like mine (2021 Model 3 Long Range) in Australia:

2023.12.1 10.1%
2023.6.11 19.6%
2023.6.8 38.5%
2023.2.12 27.7%
(anything older) 4.1%

The number of cars in that cohort on firmware 2023.2.12 has only moved from about 31% to about 28% in the last week (ie only 3% have updated to anything in the last week).

I don't even have the newest nav update yet, hoping that comes soon.

(Note, I don't have access to wifi at home so downloading updates is a time commitment for me as I have to take the car to public wifi, or at least move it to some place where I can use my phone's hotspot with as good a connection as possible. So I don't download updates when offered.)

I broke down and got the Christmas update about a month ago. (That was actually two downloads, separated by a few hours, one for the main UI change and another for the games once that notification came up.) Within a week I had 11.3.6 offered to me. I downloaded that almost immediately. This week the notification for the NAV update showed up. I have limited data on my phone so I'll take the car somewhere to get that download and that ain't happening for at least another week. Life is too busy now for nonsense like that. I expect to get the next update after I get the nav update, based on previous experience. The car is set to advanced updates, not standard. I should change that as I no longer give a flying eff about the car or the updates.

It looks like there is a 12.1.1 now, maybe we were waiting for that.
You can’t make this up. As I haven’t had updates in months, just now they pushed 2023.12.1.1 to my car!
IMG_0915.jpeg

Reactions: Antonius138
Registered just to reply to this thread, same stuck on 2023.2.12 at 57 days according to teslafi, far and away the longest between versions ove had ( previous was 28 days )

MYLR July22 build, rented FSD for the past 2 months and not being able to get into beta stinks. Teslafi says about 19% of similar cars on this still.

Hoping by complaining the software will magically come up like it seems to have for a few others here haha.

Hey, I have also been stuck on 2023.2.12 for at least two month - 2021 Model 3 Performance.

My GFs 2022 MY has received 4 Updates in the same timeframe while I have received none.

This is getting a bit frustrating for me since one of the main reasons I bought a Tesla are continuous software updates.

Even the BMW Z4 I also own has received two OOTA updates in the same timeframe which is more then the Tesla - never thought I’d see the day.

Is it because my Tesla still has the old Intel Processor? Or are people with the new Ryzen also affected.