Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for my model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might get it soon... like today.

Monday and Tuesday of this week, Tesla was assigning lots of white/aero VINs. Started with January configurations and the majority on Tuesday were 2/14 configuration dates. I ordered white/aero on 2/15 and am still waiting. The kinda crappy thing is it's clear white/aero VIN assignments slowed yesterday, so Tesla may have burned through stock of white/aero before I (and apparently you) got VINs. I am hoping I am wrong and we don't need to wait for the next batch of white/aero, which would probably be at least a few more weeks.

Placed an order for a white model 3 with aero wheel on Feb 14. Still waiting for VIN to be assigned. I am an existing Tesla owner.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I agree the window is closing fast. It seems white aero VINs are drying up. I still think 2/14 and 2/15 orders will get VINS today or tomorrow, but 2/22 white/aeros likely have to wait until the next batch, 2-3 weeks. Hope I'm wrong.

It's user-submitted data. I think something like 2,400 entries. Don't quote me on that.

12-28-17 New Invite / Configuring / Delivery Spreadsheet

If you obsess it like I have been, you can draw some interesting conclusions.

For me at least, the tracker is REALLY slow or not loading properly due to how many people are accessing it.

If you get it to load properly, sort by configuration date, then filter for white/aero wheels. You will see that Tesla has assigned VINs for white/aero (mostly monday/tuesday) up until around 2/14 configuration dates, which is why I think you may sneak in today or tomorrow or have to wait until the next batch.

There are some random holes before 2/14, but I presume it's people who never went back to update the tracker, etc. OR they live far from Fremont. Tesla is prioritizing orders close to Cali now.

you guys have access to a database showing VIN assignments by order date? If so, is it accessible to us too? Thanks a lot.

You might get it soon... like today.

Monday and Tuesday of this week, Tesla was assigning lots of white/aero VINs. Started with January configurations and the majority on Tuesday were 2/14 configuration dates. I ordered white/aero on 2/15 and am still waiting. The kinda crappy thing is it's clear white/aero VIN assignments slowed yesterday, so Tesla may have burned through stock of white/aero before I (and apparently you) got VINs. I am hoping I am wrong and we don't need to wait for the next batch of white/aero, which would probably be at least a few more weeks.

Nurkbonis- Got your VIN yet? You are my measuring stick for when I should start checking on mine again. Pure agony.

Reactions: Nurkbonis
Yay! Congrats Nurkbonis. I was also tracking when you get yours. I configured on 2/22 whtie aero so knew you had to get it first before me. Are there any other white aero people who configured prior to 2/22 still waiting for a VIN?

Another thing I've been thinking to make myself happy is that it doesn't seem like there's too many people getting their cars outside of the 6 week mark. So if anything, I should get it prior to April 5th. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Nurkbonis
Configured 02/15: white, aero, EAP, FSD. No VIN yet, but Tesla Inside Sales Person called me on 3/15 and she confirmed the address and payment details. Also sent the pro-forma MVPA. She said VIN will be 2 weeks. Any idea how long it will take from the call to VIN?