Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming songs stopping at 40 seconds left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the skip at the end if a song had been streaming, I have also had the source changed to a radio station (one of my favorites) when getting in the car -- mostly after overnight or longer (I think.)
It used to do this on 7.1 also.

I'd leave the car on one station (slacker) and it would change to a different one in the morning. It usually only happened if I requested a song from that particular station earlier in the day via voice command.

I received a call from the Dedham, MA SC on this after I sent in my email to ServiceHelpNA. They admitted to lots of version 8 bugs. They also let me know that Tesla hasn't created a good way to see into Version 8 yet to diagnose these bugs. Yikes. Anybody having similar issues, please send an email to [email protected]
This should be added to the thread of stupid things Tesla staff say. Local service centers don't debug the firmware.

2015 70D with 8.0

When using Streaming Audio, songs keep stopping, and then skipping to the next song, with 40 seconds remaining. I've been noticing it more and more. Not sure if it's more prevalent with curated playlists, but I'm currently listening to the Tesla Top 20, it's happening every 3 out of 4 songs. Not for each song though, so that's even more annoying, as it's not predictable.

Any ideas?? Anyone else notice this??

I have reset both screens, and it has persisted.
Yes, have the same issue with Slacker. Think it started after the 8.0 update.

In addition to the skip at the end if a song had been streaming, I have also had the source changed to a radio station (one of my favorites) when getting in the car -- mostly after overnight or longer (I think.)

THIS! (In addition to the skipping issue.)

The car frequently switches from my streaming channel to my wife's favorite radio station when I leave and return to the car. Even just a few hours is long enough to do it. And this just started a few days ago, despite my having been on 8.0 for more than a week.

2015 70D with 8.0

When using Streaming Audio, songs keep stopping, and then skipping to the next song, with 40 seconds remaining. I've been noticing it more and more. Not sure if it's more prevalent with curated playlists, but I'm currently listening to the Tesla Top 20, it's happening every 3 out of 4 songs. Not for each song though, so that's even more annoying, as it's not predictable.

Any ideas?? Anyone else notice this??

I have reset both screens, and it has persisted.

Well, that's your problem right there... Tesla Top 20. As far as I'm concerned, chopping half those songs completely is not enough.

Do you people realize that Tesla Top 20 is self-perpetuating !? If we all listen to that channel, those songs will never get off that playlist, because they're being listened to too much...

Kidding aside,... ya I noticed streaming is chopping some song endings off.

I've had this problem with Spotify on v7 of the software for over 6 months. It happens every time the signal strength drops by 1 bar. Certainly its a recognised problem with Spotify and Tesla suggested a software factory reset. It fixed the problem for about a month, now its as bad as its ever been and makes streaming unusable outside major cities. Mine stops at 19 seconds BTW

I got an email from tesla recommending this procedure, which worked for me.
1. Place your vehicle in park at a safe location.

2. Unplug any USB Devices from the center console.

3. Place your foot on the brake pedal and hold it down for the duration of the reboot.

4. Press and hold both top buttons on the steering wheel for 15 seconds.

5. Press and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 15 seconds.

3. Place your foot on the brake pedal and hold it down for the duration of the reboot.

That's just the usual procedure for rebooting. We've all done that many times and it doesn't fix the 8.0 media player problems.

Give it time. It'll come back like it did for me after I got the instructions from them to do a brake pedal reboot for the MCU.

Same here, Streaming songs stop at around 40 seconds left, at least 30% of the time but almost always when transitioning from wifi to LTE or when LTE signal is at 1-2 bars. Seems like a buffering issue.

This did not happen prior to 8.0 at all.