Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing new here. The inability to charge exactly to 100% has been seen in Tesla Model S cars for 6 years, I've seen a significant number of posts on that in this forum, and have experienced this in -30C weather myself one particularly bad week in the winter a few years ago. My 2013 S85 has always charged maximum <90kW since purchase, and I do not consider this "forever", nor did it prevent us from putting 140,000 km on the car, 60% of which are supercharged km. These aren't "new" charge rates, but modifying a subset of cars to match charge rates that earlier cars (like mine) have had all along. My car has 97% original capacity, routinely charged to 100% and daily to 90%, supercharged hundreds of times, and not affected by recent the software updates, you are just experiencing similar charge rates to what our car has always had.

To point was (in response to @KarenRei) the slower charging rate on top of capacity cap double whammy.

I just would have given at least 6 months to a year before freaking out. By then, the normal complaints would have been loud enough to illicit a response. This lawsuit was brought on way too quickly.
They fix Dog mode in one day... but 12 weeks of being lied to isn't long enough. We should wait another 14 weeks - or 52 more weeks?

They fix Dog mode in one day... but 12 weeks of being lied to isn't long enough. We should wait another 14 weeks - or 26 more weeks?

Not to make light of your situation, but that really would have been awful if that Dog Mode bug had actually harmed any puppies.

Tesla does like to drag their feet. I imagine Elon's got all hands on deck trying to finish FSD, and all other problems fall by the wayside.

And it's not even about money. In your case Tesla could lose money offering repairs, but they could really really easily make money by selling interior features that are software locked in my car to folks like me. I've literally got light fixtures that do nothing, speakers that do nothing, seat heaters that don't activate, an LTE connection that doesn't stream music, and I would pay a lot of money to get those activated. And it's not like it would take time to code, the features literally already exist and Tesla just hasn't gotten around to selling them.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
I just would have given at least 6 months to a year before freaking out. By then, the normal complaints would have been loud enough to illicit a response. This lawsuit was brought on way too quickly.

3 months is way too long to keep my car connected to a null hotspot just to avoid getting a software update.

Well I’d bet you are an outlier. Probably your vehicle barely met your needs while not including degradation. With that high of a requirement, a Model 3 with 310 would be the minimum (especially with weather variables).
Nope, the Model 3 is a considerable step down from the Model S. And the lost range only makes this a problem by about 15 miles. And there are no weather variables in Southern California.

Nope, the Model 3 is a considerable step down from the Model S. And the lost range only makes this a problem by about 15 miles. And there are no weather variables in Southern California.

Then a 370 mile range Model S is an option....and for less than what I paid for my S 3 years ago.

Rain affects range...by more than 15 miles. Heck, my driving style can affect my range by more than 15 miles. So it seems this issue is overblown.