Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it was a joint decision to delay the mediation. If the plaintiff didn't want to wait they could have refused the extension. And in fact, they can still cancel the delay at any time. They must think that they will get some benefit out of the mediation vs. going full steam ahead on the law suit.

That makes sense. What also makes sense is that arcane lawyer ethics (sorry for the oxymoron) might be driving the bus too.

I wonder if Tesla is aware of these facts about customer service or even care?
(Sources cited for the Tesla apologists)
Price is not the main reason for customer churn; it is actually due to the overall poor quality of customer service – Accenture global customer satisfaction report 2008.
A customer is 4 times more likely to defect to a competitor if the problem is service related than price or product related – Bain & Company.
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60 – 70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20% – Marketing Metrics
For every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent –Lee Resource.
A 2% increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10% – Leading on the Edge of Chaos, Emmet Murphy & Mark Murphy.
96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however 91% of those will simply leave and never come back – 1st Financial Training services.
A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. – White House Office of Consumer Affairs.
Happy customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4-6 people about their experience. – White House Office of Consumer Affair.
70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated – McKinsey.
It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience – “Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner.
A 5% reduction in the customer defection rate can increase profits by 5 – 95% – Bain & Company.
It costs 6 – 7 times more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one – Bain & Company.

Poached from: 15 Statistics That Should Change the Business World.

Just saying!!! Now pass THIS to Tesla.

Lost 6 miles after the latest update 2020.20.1. Went from 252 to 246 :-(
2014 S85 AP1

That sucks, of course.
But you can feel happy for it.
My 2014 S85 AP1 currently shows a max of 370km (229 miles) at 100% and has had that for some time now.
I currently have 120k km (74.5 k miles) and the max range i remember seeing since i bought the car (used) was 390km (242 miles), when it had 74k km (46k miles)

Please PM me if anyone would be interested in undoing the limits set by Tesla so I can see a show of hands.

Is the lawyer on board with this for those in the lawsuit? Which in the end is all of us. If you can do such thing, can you maybe find out more info on why the cap? Give such pertinent info to the lawyer to help with this case?

So, I decided to see if there are any other concealed issues with the various software updates. Until today, I last drove our S on Tuesday, May 26. I came home with 52%. This morning I got into my car to drive and the battery was at 22%. Thirty percent battery capacity bled off with vampire drain over ten days. Our customary hot weather is in full force—four days >100 degrees and four over 90.

I assume that my battery would have gone to zero in another 7-8 days.

There is no excuse for Tesla to drain our batteries from 90% to zero in thirty days.

Yes, I can charge at home. Yes, I normally charge at home. I wanted to see if hot temperatures trigger “Dischargegate.” Sadly, it appears to.

With Tesla one never knows when you’re going to get f__ked and not kissed.

So, I decided to see if there are any other concealed issues with the various software updates. Until today, I last drove our S on Tuesday, May 26. I came home with 52%. This morning I got into my car to drive and the battery was at 22%. Thirty percent battery capacity bled off with vampire drain over ten days. Our customary hot weather is in full force—four days >100 degrees and four over 90.

There is no excuse for Tesla to drain our batteries from 90% to zero in thirty days.

Yes, I can charge at home. Yes, I normally charge at home. I wanted to see if hot temperatures trigger “Dischargegate.” Sadly, it appears to.

You could say that, but also there is active cooling, and even if you have cabin overheat protection off, the car will still vent the cabin to protect the electronics, such as the MCU if it gets too hot. I'm actually very happy for this. Wont run the AC but will actiate the fan drawing in fresh cooler air. Keep in mind, the fan on high alone draws about 500 watts
I'm in Wisconsin, and my Model S and X ran the vents all day to keep the cabin under 130*F

Last edited:

I lose about 1-2% per day here in Arizona with my car garaged (not temp controlled). Internal temp is usually 100º-102ºF when it's over 110ºF outside. Leaving it outside would cause me to lose a lot more due to cabin overheat protection. I keep my car charged to 70% now. If I go to 90%, I lose about 3% in the next 24 hours due to the damn coolant pump running for hours and hours.

Personally my car never drained like this before. I could go weeks before having to charge Now its a few days or a few drives. Either its an update or battery fail/flaw/aged who knows?
My guess is the constant cooling required. My car's HVAC was running non-stop for about 10 minutes after I exited the vehicle, presumably cooling the battery. I had never noticed this behavior before all of the recent updates that messed with our batteries.