Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Maybe if we stopped communicating with the damned customers, they will go away and let us build new shiny stuff.”
I agree - Tesla clearly hate (premier paying) customers . I have complained tirelessly about the loss in range since they installed restrictive software. I have lost 20% - but Tesla respond to my complaint with arrogance. eg 'I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear...'....and a file note ' no further action required' ....Looking on the bright side they are lowering the bar for competitors - I despise them for the inconvenience they have and still cause me

Its not a matter of agreeing, those are facts.

Absolutely. Facts are what we are looking for in this thread.

Its not a matter of agreeing, those are facts.

As far as being 'voltage capped' that is an area that I do not have knowledge in, so I would prefer to not comment/speculate.

Understand. There might be sub-topics that might be discussed here where, I'm sure, you might like to contribute.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Alas there is no such thing as a Class Action in UK.
File individually using the US class action as a template. Everyone affected should do the same, so share the paperwork, process, the where how and costs. Class Actions are supposed to reduce the strain on the legal system and reduce costs, making it cheaper for the damaged party and allow a single settlement on the guilty party. If the UK doesn't have class actions, that's worse for Tesla. It means you can all file the same suits at the same time and force Tesla to fight them all individually, which will cost them much more. They will have to hire "a small number" of additional firms to act as their legal representation for the "small number" of batteries they aren't fixing, and that expense might cost them more than replacing an actual small number of batteries.

If this is how you feel about Musk and Tesla, why on earth would you own one of his vehicles? Are you dumb or something? You run around saying he a shyster, shady, liar and can't be trusted, but you buy his products. WTF? Something else is going on here. Sell your car and move on. Your paranoid and unsubstantiated rants don't convince anyone except other Fudsters. If you have factual basis for all the fear mongering, put it up.

The range loss and supercharging slowing aren’t unsubstantiated at all. As far as convincing goes, the NHTSA is now investigating Tesla so I wouldn’t say nobody is convinced.

Years ago many thought the company was excellent. Tesla was a vastly different company then. Then something changed.

Why do we still own our cars? Care to buy mine for a fair price?

bhzmark:

So if an ICE owner still under the warranty has an engine malfunction cause from normal wear and tear. With your logic, means they would not get a warranty claim for their engine repair/replacement?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but trying to understand where you are coming from if that is even possible.

It depends on what the warranty says, and specifically what its limits and conditions are. I quoted the relevant Tesla warranty specifically excluding range, except model 3 warrants 70% capacity retention while model s/x has no equivalent floor for capacity retention.

Hmmm He responded to, raphy3 4 times, _jal, Droschke, lightningltd 2 times, and Ferrycraigs, but no MVOTB. Seems to be able to answer everything except,

answer the question exactly precisely.

I answered the question (which of course is irrelevant to the substantive points) and bizarrely, inexplicably, a moderator edited my post without any indication that he edited it and in that edit deleted my response. Apparently my answer, even the word "neither", had to be censored for some bizarre reason.

Bottom line: you have to follow the written warranty. You cant ignore it. Dont pursue legal theories that conflict with the precise explicit terms of the warranty. Instead pursue a theory that will likely work based on what the contract terms, including the warranty terms actually say -- as opposed to what one might wish they said.

Last edited:
Anyone noticed that model 3 only has 125k mile battery warranty versus unlimited miles for S and X? Do you think this is the reason they put software locks to prevent us from rapid charging and using all of the battery capacity?

I could be wrong but I think people have been capped that are most likely going to go out of warranty before hitting that kind of mileage but maybe... I think it's more the fact that they guarantee 70% on the model 3. That's pretty standard warranty on other cars like leaf and soul etc.

Reactions: bhzmark
Anyone noticed that model 3 only has 125k mile battery warranty versus unlimited miles for S and X? Do you think this is the reason they put software locks to prevent us from rapid charging and using all of the battery capacity?

A standard range model 3 only has 100k mile warranty.

it is a different warranty, in a Model S&X you can drop to 60% capacity and you don't get a replacement battery, but if it fails at 7.9 years you get a replacement battery regardless of the mileage. Both types of warranties have their advantages.

No, that’s an example of poor journalism.

You can believe a Guardian journalist that misquotes, or you can take a professional opinion from a legal firm. I know which one I believe. I repeat, there is no such thing as Class Action in UK. The UK equivalent is fundamentally different.

But all of this is off topic, so that’s me. You are allowed to disagree.
702F0372-482D-4C20-BC2E-50372E656A70.png

I'm just wondering if Tesla has removed the voltage capping from any cars in the California bushfire areas as they've done with the 'official' voltage capped cars? Now that it's our turn for unseasonal & catastrophic bushfires in Australia, it would be useful to have my 40km back when the time comes

You are echoing my thoughts! I live in Port Macquarie, New South Wales, and work in Taree, 80km to the south. Most of the area between those two towns has burned in the last five days, with houses and lives lost, and we’ve closed the business for the duration. For us the time is now.

I tried to get to the local supercharger on Friday but the fire was within 300m of the chargers, the median strip of the motorway was on fire, too, and I had to bail out double quick from there. Just range charging to be ready for whatever comes today (supercharger didn’t burn down, yay!) and the visibility is under 100m from the smoke. Love the air filter in this car, not even a smoky smell inside!!!
With the road closures and all I sure would like to have more than the pathetic 313km max range my 70D is left with...