Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Nevada today. It was Tesla following up on a solar panel inquiry I made a year ago. I said I was no longer interested. I am not interested in giving them anymore money.
Yep. I just cancelled my solar order with them. It was an 18KW system. NOT cheap to say the least. Another vendor will enjoy the money.
The losses will keep adding up until @tesla wakes up and does the right thing.

I got a call from Nevada today. It was Tesla following up on a solar panel inquiry I made a year ago. I said I was no longer interested. I am not interested in giving them anymore money.

Funny you mention this. Once, I got a call from their support a year after I reported a problem to them. I couldn't remember what the issue was anymore so I asked them to end the call.

If they think this is acceptable and to be considered normal degradation, yes I know it's not, then this destroys any practicality of an electric car at this point. Meaning the resale value of the cars owned by these fanbois is in for a steep decline once people understand the true useful life is only 5 to 6 years for a $50k plus model 3.

You are giving them too much credit. This is what one of them, who was recently banned and since has reappeared as an"Active Member", said about this thread and the affected owners:

Snippiness 2.0

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
You are giving them too much credit. This is what one of them, who was recently banned and since has reappeared as an"Active Member", said about this thread and the affected owners:

Snippiness 2.0
You must be referring to comments from BetTesla? Guessing since I saw chasser respond to him. I can't see them since I ignored his posts a while ago.

you were smart to do so but to be honest I'm surprised he was able to admit to his part as an agitator. Forget them and focus on improving Tesla so no future owners have to deal with either their downgrades or their sycophants. I've since done the same and encourage everyone to ignore accounts like that whose only purpose appears to be creating fights between individuals. They don't want us discussing topics that make them uncomfortable, topics like this one, and they are very good at getting discussion they want to censor deleted along with their attacks.

Bringing them up just encourages them to keep misbehaving for attention. @Droschke I recommend editing that out we don't want to invite that kind of person's attention here.

Yep. I just cancelled my solar order with them. It was an 18KW system. NOT cheap to say the least. Another vendor will enjoy the money.
The losses will keep adding up until @tesla wakes up and does the right thing.

Did you tell the Tesla rep why you cancelled? Not sure it would make it back to anyone who cares anyway, but if enough people cancel and site the reasons outlined here and how it is shaking the trust people have in Tesla as a company it may actually eventually cause positive change.

The official FAQ about spercharging was worded very clever as well. The question was 'is supercharging bad for the battery. The answer said something like 'owners are free to use superchargers as much as they like. It does not affect the warranty'. They knew it would cause more degradation to use fast charging, but never mention it. Instead they talk about the battery warranty which has nothing to do with degradation. But it sounded reassuring.

Agree.

From the "Charging" section of the "Theory of Operation Guides" found in the early MS service manual:

" 1. Tesla Supercharger

The Tesla Supercharger recharges Model S quickly on road trips that exceed the range of a single charge. Superchargers are not intended for everyday use. Frequent use can result in minor reduction of the HV Battery's life."

Agree.

From the "Charging" section of the "Theory of Operation Guides" found in the early MS service manual:

" 1. Tesla Supercharger

The Tesla Supercharger recharges Model S quickly on road trips that exceed the range of a single charge. Superchargers are not intended for everyday use. Frequent use can result in minor reduction of the HV Battery's life."
That was not in my 2014 manual or any literature I received from Tesla when I bought my car in 2014. If my battery proves to be incapable of handling regular supercharging during the warranty period, I expect a replacement, not a retroactive warning not to supercharge so much.

Did you tell the Tesla rep why you cancelled? Not sure it would make it back to anyone who cares anyway, but if enough people cancel and site the reasons outlined here and how it is shaking the trust people have in Tesla as a company it may actually eventually cause positive change.
Actually I did. He suggested I call support :p

Agree.

" 1. Tesla Supercharger

Not such a statement in my manual or in anything given to me (I have kept everything they gave me). What model year is your car? What's the name of that manual?

Are you talking about this? This is a service manual not given to the owners, a copy can be found on the web.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Guy V and VT_EE
230171E8-968D-4937-B116-905F69B461AF.png
Based on wording for this latest version’s release notes, it seems Tesla may have originally capped all cars meeting a certain hardware criteria to be safe.

This latest version appears to perhaps be better at determining which packs are truly affected, and release the restrictions for those packs the new software deems ok. At least that’s how I read it.

View attachment 489836 Based on wording for this latest version’s release notes, it seems Tesla may have originally capped all cars meeting a certain hardware criteria to be safe.

This latest version appears to perhaps be better at determining which packs are truly affected, and release the restrictions for those packs the new software deems ok. At least that’s how I read it.

Not sure how you can conclude that. Did you see this post from earlier today?
Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software